The Broncos Are #1 In.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
    Don't you know? It's never good enough for our fan base. Even if we go undefeated and win the SB there will still be a handful of Broncos fans saying we didn't play well, or we don't have a good team.

I will admit that our defense needs work. We have a long season ahead of us to make those improvements. They have shown that they can step up when it matters. Now it's just a matter of consistency.

The negative garbage wont stop as long as we keep allowing other teams to stay in the game and keep it close. When we can start blowing out teams on both sides of the ball maybe then people will shut up and stop whining.

I can't wait for that day.

Im pretty sure everyone will be happy with a superbowl win. But we currently rank 30th in total defense, and dead last in passing defense. Whens the last time a team won a superbowl with that kind of defense? Or even a playoff game?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFan209x View Post
      It doesnt matter how many posts there are saying that we wouldve lost this or that game. The front office of the Denver Broncos probably doesnt pay much attention to this bored so all your posts bashing your teams defense does no good. Im really truly sorry but It doesnt. I found it so funny when broncos fans were making threads I SEE US STARTING 0-3.. Lol you guys are the worst fans every... I believe the broncos will go 16-0 Not cuz their great.. But because everytime they go out on that field I hope for them to win. NOT LOSE.

Anyways.. Nice thread and I agree with your thoughts 100 %
      thanks man

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Broncos are #1 in ...... Passing yards allowed.

Comment

The season is sort of starting off like last season. Close squeakers at the end of games, a bit of controversy, San Diego starting slow. Certainly hope it doesn't end like last season, with a gigantic slide in the 2nd half.

It's funny how 1 or 2 plays completely defines a team to the media and fans. All of the fans saying "It doesn't matter, we're 3-0" would be screaming bloody murder if a single play or call had gone differently and cost us the game in the last 2 games.

Some fans seem to have a bit of perspective and realize that just because the record says 3-0, that doesn't mean your team's going to the Superbowl, and just because the record says 0-3, it doesn't mean you're picking 1st overall in next year's draft.

Finally, what's up with fans talking about "if we are going to go to the Superbowl"? Did anybody pick this team to go to the SB this year? Few even picked the Broncos to win the division. I still think it's unlikely, despite the fast start. 10-6, then one and done is still in the cards for this team unless the coaches figures out how to mount a pass rush.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

the broncos use to be "lucky" all the time when they had a player named John Elway..... maybe they have found another lucky player in Jay Cutler.
            if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncs4 View Post
              Broncos are #1 in ...... Passing yards allowed.
              the point of this thread is to shut the whiners up....are you whining about our defense allowing the most passing yards to 2 EXPLOSIVE OFFENSES??? Spare me the whining

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                the point of this thread is to shut the whiners up....are you whining about our defense allowing the most passing yards to 2 EXPLOSIVE OFFENSES??? Spare me the whining
                Why is it whining? It's just a statement of fact. Just because the facts aren't all positive facts like "3-0" doesn't mean they aren't all valid.

Certainly, the D isn't the worst in the league like some would suggest. Or even bottom 5. FO says we're actually ranked 3rd againt the run, and after watching SD and NO try to run on us, I would have to agree that we are pretty hot against the run. But the pass D is an area of concern, because there is no lead too big for teams to come back, as our evaporating leads in the last 2 games have evidenced.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  Not whining just stating the facts. And since I'm not a blind homer I can accept the fact that our defense has been playing piss poor. Obviously can't say the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFan209x View Post
                    It doesnt matter how many posts there are saying that we wouldve lost this or that game. The front office of the Denver Broncos probably doesnt pay much attention to this bored so all your posts bashing your teams defense does no good. Im really truly sorry but It doesnt. I found it so funny when broncos fans were making threads I SEE US STARTING 0-3.. Lol you guys are the worst fans every... I believe the broncos will go 16-0 Not cuz their great.. But because everytime they go out on that field I hope for them to win. NOT LOSE.

Anyways.. Nice thread and I agree with your thoughts 100 %
                    OH GOD !! my blood is just boiling...
                    that was SO NICE !!!
                    we are going 16-0... and that is...
                    a new football ERA

Comment

throwing up 35 pts a game isnt luck, its skill. the other teams are lucky we havent cracked 60

Comment

ive been thinking about this luck stuff the media keeps mentioning and theyre not saying were a bad team weve just had calls go our way when the game was on the line so what else could that be called but luck ......even champ bailey said we have to be the luckiest team around

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
                          Don't you know? It's never good enough for our fan base. Even if we go undefeated and win the SB there will still be a handful of Broncos fans saying we didn't play well, or we don't have a good team.

I will admit that our defense needs work. We have a long season ahead of us to make those improvements. They have shown that they can step up when it matters. Now it's just a matter of consistency.

The negative garbage wont stop as long as we keep allowing other teams to stay in the game and keep it close. When we can start blowing out teams on both sides of the ball maybe then people will shut up and stop whining.

I can't wait for that day.
                          It's not about whinning dude, it's only 3-0 and we are in september I didn't know you win the super bowl in september. Are you telling that team has peaked at 3-0? is this the best that denver has? i hope not. as long as there is room for improvemnt people will want this team to improve. what's wrong with that? striving to be great team instead of good team is all most of us want, is that a sin?

Our passing game is great, our running hasn't caught up, that needs improvement, not a opinion but a fact.

Our rush defense hasvastly improved from last year, our pass defense is awful, that's needs improvement. not a opinion but a fact.

our kicking and punting game is great but out special teams coverage needs work. not opinion but a fact.

We are not making these things up, it's what we see. are we suppose to ignore the bad and just look at the good cause some bronco fans out there are too sensative in hearing some truthfullness about our team?

Either cover your eyes or go to the blue and orange colored glasses board if you want to hear just the good stuff.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Food for thought

Here's the thing about luck. In whatever sport you play/do luck will always present itself either as an opportunity to win or lose. The defense stopped New Orleans in the 4th qtr on 3rd and 1. Gramatica comes on and misses the FG. Now, if New Orleans makes the first down, time gets burned up on the clock and the field goal try would have been from a closer spot and Denver would have less time to work the field. Luck? I dont think so in this instance. Denver helped dictate the outcome here. A couple more scenarios, Brandon Marshall stepping out of bounds on the one reception that would have surely resulted in a TD had he not done that, same thing with the ankle trip on him a little later in the game. Luck? Or was it the defense of New Orleans that forced him out or tripped him up. Theres an old saying "Luck is when chance greets opportunity" Denver has stepped up when the opportunity was presented to them. Thats called taking advantage of whats given to you. Ive coached wrestling for over 30 yrs and I always get the kid who tells me, "I wasnt pinned coach". I always reply the same way, "but you put yourself in the situation to be pinned by being on your back" San Diego put themselves in position to lose not once but twice by letting Denver drive down the field near the goal line. The first time they took advantage of an interception, the second time, they werent as "lucky". The one common denominator is, they put themselves in position for the Broncos to win, and thats what happened, simple as that. You can only control what you do, you cant rely on others. Just my 2 cents. Denver is 3-0 and I love it.
                            Last edited by BWRSCoach; 09-23-2008, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncs4 View Post
                              Not whining just stating the facts. And since I'm not a blind homer I can accept the fact that our defense has been playing piss poor. Obviously can't say the same for you.
                              no I'm not a homer, I'm just sick and tired of stupid whiners like yourself who can't just enjoy being 3-0 without pissing and moaning about something the Broncos did or didn't do

sigpic

Comment

yep "lucky"bunch of posers can't even average 38 points a game
                                I really like Cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X