11 wins is VERY Feasable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 wins is VERY Feasable.

With the schedule Denver has. Withe the offense able to outscore ANY, and I mean ANY team in the NFL. There is absoulutely NO REASON AT ALL they cannot win 8 more of the final 13 games, which is 3 games better then the 8-8 record I had them pegged for.

And I am sorrryyy, but with this D, this is a MAJOR accomlishment.

One and done in the playoffs most likely.

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
    With the schedule Denver has. Withe the offense able to outscore ANY, and I mean ANY team in the NFL. There is absoulutely NO REASON AT ALL they cannot win 8 more of the final 13 games, which is 3 games better then the 8-8 record I had them pegged for.

And I am sorrryyy, but with this D, this is a MAJOR accomlishment.

One and done in the playoffs most likely.
    Psh everyone thought that would happen in 2005 too.
    The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
    Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
    Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
    San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with you on the total number of wins, but I think in the playoffs all bets are off.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        I agree with you on the total number of wins, but I think in the playoffs all bets are off.
        all of your guys lack of faith disgusts me
        The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
        Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
        Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
        San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
        sigpic

Comment

Anything can happen in the playoffs, kids. come on now. That's common football knowledge. I just want our ten wins to get in, then we see where it goes. That's what I've been saying from day number one.

Comment

But will Mike do anything DRASTIC enough to fix his defense? Or will he let it slide, fearing that if he meddels, this will only alienate his players?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnElwayAce07 View Post
              all of your guys lack of faith disgusts me
              And all of these people who mistake lack of faith and RALISTIC OBSERVATION totally confound the hell outta me!

Comment

seriously? come on have some faith

You said we have the abilty to outscore any nfl team, that means all we need is a few big plays made out of our defense each game. We're going to give up points, no doubt about that, but if we can get 1 fumble recovery and/or a INT per game, well be fine. Our offense is something special guys, be a fan of it while its here.

We'll get better on D as each week goes by as we're able to make minor adjustments and depth chart changes. I would not be surprised to see more defensive formations either. I doubt Shanahan will pull what hes been pullling when we get ahead over the 5 years or so. We blew 21-3 lead and also a 24-3 lead. Any smart coach would say that is our biggest problem over the defense. Yeah we're giving up points in the 3rd,but we also stop scoring as well. At one point in the saints game in the 3rd, total quarter yardage was 150something to like 30something....Address that problem and we'll compete with ANY team in the play offs. This is not broncos biased, but i would not trade out O for any other offense in the league. Our skillset and players are unmatched on any other team. IMO we have the 3 best recievers out of anyone in marshal, royal and the always reliable stokely. And then throw scheffler in there? Scheffler is an unsung star on our offense and he'll be one of the top tight ends to play the game for the years to come.

playoffs? Im talking super bowl here people...have some faith.

Comment

The Broncos can win more than that if they take care of their business...

The question will be how many games will they lose to teams they shouldn't due to their defense and lack of a legit running game.

Comment

I think everyone should look at what's happening across the NFL. Peyton is struggling, Big Ben is struggling and sounds like he is hurt again, Farve is going ot be a flash in the pan, I think this is the year for the younger guys. I would take Rivers or Cutler over all the QB's other than maybe Romo in Dallas. I would love to see some of the young guys do well in the playoffs this year.
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...pbaileyavy.png

Comment

I think we can win 11 or 12 games this season, hopefully more.

If we get into the playoffs, the defense will show up to play. I have a feeling we can go far this year.

Comment

C'MON....
                        we have 5 games to go 8-0

KC
                        TB
                        JAX
                        NE
                        MIA

we have PLENTY OF TIME to make adjustments to our D....

i am pretty confident about our performance.. while the Offense keep scoring more than 35 points per game the D can try any scheme..... and find the PACE that we need...

i can see 14-2 or 13-3
                        but there is a posibility to get the 16-0 (if the D can make the adjustments)
                        a new football ERA

Comment

Originally posted by sniperwolf View Post
                          C'MON....
                          we have 5 games to go 8-0

KC
                          TB
                          JAX
                          NE
                          MIA

we have PLENTY OF TIME to make adjustments to our D....

i am pretty confident about our performance.. while the Offense keep scoring more than 35 points per game the D can try any scheme..... and find the PACE that we need...

i can see 14-2 or 13-3
                          but there is a posibility to get the 16-0 (if the D can make the adjustments)
                          I see a possible loss to either TB or Jax, but it will be because the offense has a bad day, not because of the horrible defense. Won't be surprised if we do win, but won't be all that shocked by a loss either.

Anyone remember what the run D was like last year? And this year, it's all but fixed. The passing D can't be that hard to fix and that is what we have to worry about. Not even the deep passes, it's those short quick slants and underneath routes (with Paymah covering, or rather not covering) that hurt us.
                          I still think the D is trying out 3 or 4 different schemes to see what works. How else do you explain the drastic differences in lineups and matchups for all 3 weeks? Eventually they'll choose a scheme, or combination of schemes, and go with it. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. Eventually, they'll figure something out whether it's actually blitzing (no more 3 man rushes please!) or playing williams over Paymah. We won't be a superior D, but it will be adequate come playoff time. I'm so sick of all the whining.

And I'm exhausted by all the self-proclaimed "realists" who are in actuality skeptics that hedge their bets because they don't want to be disappointed by optimism and failure. So they'd rather be miserable 6 days a week and happy when we win (but not really happy because they keep pointing out the bad instead of focusing on 3-0), rather than being happy and hopeful 6 days a week with the possibility of depression on the 7th.
                          Last edited by Bronco_Hyde; 09-23-2008, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I will admit that I was wrong so far about how good this Bronco team is...but one thing you guys arent realizing is that you have been up on these teams so far that your run d hasnt really been tested as of yet. I dont think you can say your problems in this area from last year is solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life View Post
                              I will admit that I was wrong so far about how good this Bronco team is...but one thing you guys arent realizing is that you have been up on these teams so far that your run d hasnt really been tested as of yet. I dont think you can say your problems in this area from last year is solved.

i dont know we did hold oakland great rushing backfield, LT and reggie bush down. could it be because they had to pass so much???? yes it could....but i see much better gap control and run stopping than i did at anypoint last year. last year that goaline stand wouldnt have happened it would have been a TD. and that 3rd and 1 stop wouldnt have happened. the d has made the biggest impact on short rushing situations by absolutely stuffing them, and thats been in all 3 games. last year that would not have been the case.

we may not be a top run defense but we are far from the 2nd to last rush defense we were last year. if we can balnce out the pass defense even more this will be a very tough team to beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X