X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by Judoka0822 View Post
    Yeah, but that's better than what I was aiming for at 12...

UFC Fighter, for the record. XD

I disagree. UFC fighter is WAY better than wanting to be some drone working for the po.

At least UFC fighter entails ambition, and dreams....

Leave a comment:

• Judoka0822
    replied
    Yeah, but that's better than what I was aiming for at 12...

UFC Fighter, for the record. XD

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    What kind of 12 year old wants to be a "forensic firearms examiner"....seriously....that kid is watching WAY to much CSI or something.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    I like Dre, I don't think people here realize just how lucky we are with our 2 corners.

If it wasn't for our corners I think things would get a lot worse, yes they can get worse. But they are only 2 guys and cannot be every where. We NEED the pass rush.

Leave a comment:

• IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
    replied
    That made me lol. Anyways, I wouldn't have posted the article if I didn't think what he was doing was great. It's a good read, and I was hoping someone else would enjoy hearing that as much as I did. I'm sure if he read that, he could take a little bit of ribbing.
    Something about poop that makes people laugh. If we need to rib on any1 lets rib on paymah who is like our mike vanderjagt (spell check) when he is not making any good play he is getting buzzed. Champ + Dre' + a good effective line (which we need) = turnovers so our offense can score.

Leave a comment:

• Judoka0822
    replied
    Originally posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
    He has his flaws don't get me wrong. I'm just a little angry that you posted a nice article on him and then missed the point by taking a huge dump on him. What does his football skills have to do with him telling younger people nothing is earned without hard work and dedication.

Dre' is cooler then the other side of the pillow
    That made me lol. Anyways, I wouldn't have posted the article if I didn't think what he was doing was great. It's a good read, and I was hoping someone else would enjoy hearing that as much as I did. I'm sure if he read that, he could take a little bit of ribbing.

Leave a comment:

• IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
    replied
    So on topic, I believe this article has convinced me that people ride Bly so much about how he is so sh*tty and takes too many chances, and have no reason to do so.

He's a playmaker, and he's supporting children in the community. Should this factor into how he is perceived by Bronco and football fans?
    He has his flaws don't get me wrong. I'm just a little angry that you posted a nice article on him and then missed the point by taking a huge dump on him. What does his football skills have to do with him telling younger people nothing is earned without hard work and dedication.

Dre' is cooler then the other side of the pillow

Leave a comment:

• Judoka0822
    replied
    So on topic, I believe this article has convinced me that people ride Bly so much about how he is so sh*tty and takes too many chances, and have no reason to do so.

He's a playmaker, and he's supporting children in the community. Should this factor into how he is perceived by Bronco and football fans?

Leave a comment:

• IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
    replied
    Our D will look like the 2000 Baltimore Ravens when we are done. Remember what we did last year.

PS: Nate scored on them last year; maybe a repeat performance

Leave a comment:

• Judoka0822
    replied
    Lol, fair enough. I'm actually pretty sold on him as a good corner, but I'm gonna rag on everyone on the defense until they have a solid game.

Should be done poking fun by Sunday at four.

Leave a comment:

• IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
    replied
    Happy to hear someone like Dre is devoting some time outside of football to something useful, but maybe some of these public school kids can teach him a little bit of how to cover a receiver.
    Your comment started off well and quickly became uncalled for. Dre' is a good player. He has that ring that most of our defense doesn't, he is for the team and doesn't complain like some other corners. If we didn't have Bly we would have Tatum Bell and George Foster, who are not very good and might not be employed. So lay off

Leave a comment:

• Judoka0822
    started a topic Dre Bly the role model

Dre Bly the role model

Bly relays passing formula
    Bronco stresses importance of hard work in school pep talk
    By Tom McGhee
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 09/24/2008 12:11:04 AM MDT

Denver Broncos cornerback Dre Bly discusses making great choices and the lifelong benefits of staying in school during an assembly at Denver's Place Bridge Academy on Tuesday. (John Leyba, The Denver Post )When it comes to learning, school kids aren't that much different from pro football players, Denver Broncos cornerback Dre Bly told some students Tuesday.

"You have to listen to your teacher. I'm a grown man, but I have a teacher — that's my coach," Bly told the students at Place Bridge Academy, a Denver public school.

Bly, whose Dre Bly Foundation partners with the school, gave the third- through eighth-graders an inspirational pep talk on the importance of hard work, discipline and staying in school.

"A high-profile job is just like any job. You have to be accountable and be responsible."

Students wanted to hear about more than hard work from Bly, who led the Broncos with five interceptions in 2007.

So Bly talked some football, predicting that Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall would someday be the best receiver in the NFL.

How much did he earn, they wanted to know.

"You can't ask how much I get paid, and what kind of car I drive," he told them.

Bly was a hit with the students, who clapped, cheered and sometimes squealed and screamed in response to his comments.

"I think he was really intriguing. He made everybody happy," said Christopher Montgomery, 13, an eighth-grader who wants to be a lawyer.

"He said you have to get good grades," added Christopher, an A student. "You can't just play a sport and think you are going to go through without work. You still have to know stuff."

"It really means a lot to me that he would devote time to make things better for us," said Miguel Hernandez, 12, a sixth-grader who wants to be a forensic firearms examiner.

"He brought a lot of emotion to the crowd. He told us you can't slack off and excel in the job," Miguel said.

Bly began working with the school last year when it was still Place Middle School. Since then, Denver Public Schools closed Fallis and Whiteman elementary schools, consolidating them at Place and adding a magnet program for new immigrants.

Place was renovated and reopened in August with a new name, Place Bridge Academy, and a student body that includes children from 60 countries.

Besides his time, Bly contributes 25 tickets to each Broncos home game.

Last year, he contributed Thanksgiving dinners for all the school's students and their families and arranged a tutoring program.
    Happy to hear someone like Dre is devoting some time outside of football to something useful, but maybe some of these public school kids can teach him a little bit of how to cover a receiver.
Working...
X