How Long Until Cutler is an Elite QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Until Cutler is an Elite QB?

This is Cutler's third season, is it too early for him to be considered an elite qb around the nfl? When do you think he'll be at the tops (and I don't mean fantasy)? Or is he already? Looking forward to your thoughts!
    He already is one!
    44.32%
    By the end of this season.
    40.91%
    Within the next 2-3 seasons.
    13.64%
    Someday, but it'll be a while.
    1.14%
    He never will be.
    0.00%

Originally posted by SnaPs27 View Post
    This is Cutler's third season, is it too early for him to be considered an elite qb around the nfl? When do you think he'll be at the tops (and I don't mean fantasy)? Or is he already? Looking forward to your thoughts!
    He is currently playing as one right now, but to solidify it give it until the middle of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
      He is currently playing as one right now, but to solidify it give it until the middle of the season.
      Good Point

Comment

I think he already is one but its still early...

I give it midseason to end of season before people really start talking about him.

Comment

I put two to three years. Obviously he is playing great in his third year but imo to call him an elite qb he'll need to sustain playing at a high level for a couple years.
          " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

He's playing like an elite QB right now but it's consistency over the rest of the season and into the playoffs that will get him there on an undeniable basis.

There are still a lot of "nay" sayers that are waiting for him to regress.

Comment

Difference between great and elite = consistency. Consistency requires several years of similar performance.
              He is playing like and Elite QB, which makes him a current Great, but he cannot be considered Elite until he plays like this for at least this year and next.
              By the 2010 season he will be everyone's #1 fantasy pick (which sucks, because I won't be able to get him every time)

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                By the 2010 season he will be everyone's #1 fantasy pick (which sucks, because I won't be able to get him every time)
                I got laughed at for taking him in the 2nd round,

WHOSE LAUGHING NOW!!!

I think he's Elite, there is no other QB in the NFL I want lined up behind center right now than Culer

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                  I got laughed at for taking him in the 2nd round,

WHOSE LAUGHING NOW!!!

I think he's Elite, there is no other QB in the NFL I want lined up behind center right now than Culer
                  I got P. Manning in the 1st and Cutler in the 3rd. Started Cutler and traded Manning for B. Urlacher and Marshawn Lynch. Then picked up Royal as a free agent before the Oakland game.

Yeah, I'm undefeated and leading the league by almost 100 points. Great way to shut people up.

Comment

I think Cutler will become "elite" when he learns to control his gunslinger mentality and checkdown to the open RB when he needs to.

That is something Brett Favre was able to balance out in his career to limit mistakes.

The pick by McKenzie was a perfect example of what is keeping Jay from the being the best the NFL has seen in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                      I think Cutler will become "elite" when he learns to control his gunslinger mentality and checkdown to the open RB when he needs to.

That is something Brett Favre was able to balance out in his career to limit mistakes.

The pick by McKenzie was a perfect example of what is keeping Jay from the being the best the NFL has seen in awhile.
                      It was 1 time. (although he did have some questionable passes) Favre didn't learn to stop throwing picks until he was an old man, hence why he has the record for the most thrown.

I think the "Is Cutler sick" thread explains a lot of why Jay was a bit off on his throws last week.

Besides, I would still rather see Cutler throw deep 10 times a game and throw a few picks than be relegated back to the plummer days when he always threw the "safe" pass to the flat, and still got picks.
                      As long as we get some big plays and deep passes each game, I will put up with a few ints.

Comment

It was 1 time. (although he did have some questionable passes) Favre didn't learn to stop throwing picks until he was an old man, hence why he has the record for the most thrown.

I think the "Is Cutler sick" thread explains a lot of why Jay was a bit off on his throws last week.

Besides, I would still rather see Cutler throw deep 10 times a game and throw a few picks than be relegated back to the plummer days when he always threw the "safe" pass to the flat, and still got picks.
                        As long as we get some big plays and deep passes each game, I will put up with a few ints.
                        The interception was the same situation against the Chargers.

By no means do I want Jay to cut down on the deep passes, but when the WR has NO chance at catching a pass, Cutler seems to think otherwise.

I'm not against him throwing risky throws either, but at least make sure guys like Royal have even a 1/100 chance to get his hand on the ball.

In the Denver/Greenbay game last season, Favre was looking deep, couldn't find anyone and dumped it off to Ryan Grant (Even though Champ made a great play and stopped him at the line). I always remember that play. Cutler most likely would have thrown into the double coverage with the same result as the McKenzie int.

Comment

Originally posted by SnaPs27 View Post
                          Around 4 days from now.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                            The interception was the same situation against the Chargers.

By no means do I want Jay to cut down on the deep passes, but when the WR has NO chance at catching a pass, Cutler seems to think otherwise.

I'm not against him throwing risky throws either, but at least make sure guys like Royal have even a 1/100 chance to get his hand on the ball.

In the Denver/Greenbay game last season, Favre was looking deep, couldn't find anyone and dumped it off to Ryan Grant (Even though Champ made a great play and stopped him at the line). I always remember that play. Cutler most likely would have thrown into the double coverage with the same result as the McKenzie int.

I won't disagree that he made some bad decisions, but I just don't think it's a problem we need to worry about. He generally doesn't make the same mistake twice. He'll learn.

Comment

I won't disagree that he made some bad decisions, but I just don't think it's a problem we need to worry about. He generally doesn't make the same mistake twice. He'll learn.
                              Agreed. You gotta love how Jay comes back twice as strong after he makes a mistake, not rattled at all.

The reason I brought it up was because his two interceptions in 2008 have led to really bad situations. The SD pick almost cost Denver the game. The McKenzie int. led to a quick Saints score.

Comment

Working...
                              X