Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Until Cutler is an Elite QB?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Good qbs can do it for a couple of games ...if he can keep it up through the season and gets over 30 tds and play sgood in the playoffs than he becomes elite

    Comment


    • #17
      if he keeps this strong performance all of the season, he will have elite status by the end of the season.

      Comment


      • #18
        Cutler needs to make a deep playoff run before the so-called "experts" will consider him an elite QB and I tend to agree.

        He's certainly on the right track but until he can lead the team past the regular season, it's just unfulfilled potential.
        www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

        Comment


        • #19
          Anyone wanna guess what I chose?

          I think that Jay is already elite, but I'm a Jay Cutler Homer, so...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
            He's playing like an elite QB right now but it's consistency over the rest of the season and into the playoffs that will get him there on an undeniable basis.

            There are still a lot of "nay" sayers that are waiting for him to regress.
            I agree 100%...he is playing out of his mind right now. We can't expect that every week but as long as he does good and more importantly stays consistent we will be fine and he will move into the ranks of the elite permanently.
            Thx,
            Joe
            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              I gotta say in a few years.... Remember he still has a losing record.... To me an Elite player is in the top 3 or 4 in the league....... Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Romo, Even rivers are all ahead of him..... Put if he keeps plugging along he will get there....But not till some of the older Vets (Brady, manning) decline a bit more
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                playing like one this season

                but IMO ot be elite you gotta do it at least 2 years in a row

                Comment


                • #23
                  3 weeks ago
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                    I won't disagree that he made some bad decisions, but I just don't think it's a problem we need to worry about. He generally doesn't make the same mistake twice. He'll learn.
                    I tend to disagree alil bit. I like JC he is headed in the right direction but as far as generally doesn't make the same mistake twice well..... Last year against Green Bay he fumbled on the goal line, this year a fumble and a pick in the Red Zone against San Diego, and then a Safety in the Redzone against the saints. So to me if he does well the rest of this year and then comes back and gets to the Mid season with those mistakes fixed then i will call him an elite QB. JMO

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                      He is currently playing as one right now, but to solidify it give it until the middle of the season.
                      +1 All it will take is for him to play at a similar level this season, through most of the games, and under some adversity. He's already handling himself quite well -- one thing that plays very well in the media circles is that he bounces back from mistakes and keeps fighting. Barring a meltdown or a couple unrecoverable OL injuries, he'll be there by the end of the season. At the latest, hindsight during the off-season will have everyone agreeing that he's one of the elite.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Thanks for the input everyone... interesting split so far but almost everyone agrees he's really close now. I think those who said it takes consistency are spot on. He has done great things so far, but he needs to do so over a longer period of time. I'm looking forward to the development with him and B-Marsh, Scheffler, Royal, etc. If the O keeps attacking and overcoming defenses, I think Cutler could be elite by the end of the season, maybe sometime next year. Exciting times for Bronco fans!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                          I tend to disagree alil bit. I like JC he is headed in the right direction but as far as generally doesn't make the same mistake twice well..... Last year against Green Bay he fumbled on the goal line, this year a fumble and a pick in the Red Zone against San Diego, and then a Safety in the Redzone against the saints. So to me if he does well the rest of this year and then comes back and gets to the Mid season with those mistakes fixed then i will call him an elite QB. JMO
                          Don't think you can count those things as the same mistake. Sure in a big broad general sense they were a turnover in the red zone, but what I meant is more detailed.
                          If he throws a pick because he didn't notice the safety, he'll rarely throw again without checking for the safety.
                          If he fumbles because he's pump-faking, he'll make sure he has a better grip before he pump-fakes again.
                          As time goes on he'll keep the mental list of mistakes he's made, and we will see them less and less, until its a rarity to see any mistakes.


                          Originally posted by SnaPs27 View Post
                          Thanks for the input everyone... interesting split so far but almost everyone agrees he's really close now. I think those who said it takes consistency are spot on. He has done great things so far, but he needs to do so over a longer period of time. I'm looking forward to the development with him and B-Marsh, Scheffler, Royal, etc. If the O keeps attacking and overcoming defenses, I think Cutler could be elite by the end of the season, maybe sometime next year. Exciting times for Bronco fans!
                          That was me. And I maintain he can play and an elite level, but cannot be considered an elite QB until he's done it for a couple years.
                          I think the word elite is being thrown around a little too loosely here lately.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I guess it comes down to what you consider Elite. Some think it means how you play for a couple years. Other... think it has to do with your current CAREER record.

                            All you have to do is watch Jay play.. and see that he is in the top 4 QBs in the NFL. What FOUR QBs can you tell me that you would rather have INSTEAD of Jay Cutler behind center? If he's in the top 3-5, doesn't that make him Elite???

                            I don't have to see what he's going to do over the next couple of years to feel VERY STRONGLY that this kid is the ABSOLUTE real deal. He has it all, and he always has. There was a reason he was voted (by the coaches) to be the SEC MVP despite playing on a poor and losing Vanderbilt team. Its not because they were judging him on TEAM accomplishments like a win-loss record.

                            Judging him on his past record seems to COMPLETELY ignore the way he is playing NOW.. and doesn't tell me if he's grown to be an Elite. he played FANTASTIC last year, and has improved significantly this year.

                            Jay Cutler is in the Elite class. Maybe by mid-season people will finally feel comfortable in allowing themselves to believe it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              I guess it comes down to what you consider Elite. Some think it means how you play for a couple years. Other... think it has to do with your current CAREER record.

                              All you have to do is watch Jay play.. and see that he is in the top 4 QBs in the NFL. What FOUR QBs can you tell me that you would rather have INSTEAD of Jay Cutler behind center? If he's in the top 3-5, doesn't that make him Elite???

                              I suppose it depends on if your talking from a reference point of currently or historically. I tend to use the word "elite" when referencing historically significant players.. Namely, Elway, Favre, Marino, Young, Montana, etc. Those were elite QB's. And it's not even to do with their record (although that's part of it). Brady and Manning have not finished their careers, but they are undisputably elite because they are the best of their era (not just the season, but the era)

                              When talking from the perspective of current players the word is "Top QB" or "best QB" or "great", but elite (for me at least) is reserved for the historic reference.

                              I definitely see where you're coming from, and I agree there isn't another QB in the league I would rather have playing for the Broncos.
                              6 of one, half dozen of the other. The big point is we all know Jay WILL be elite.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                                I suppose it depends on if your talking from a reference point of currently or historically. I tend to use the word "elite" when referencing historically significant players.. Namely, Elway, Favre, Marino, Young, Montana, etc. Those were elite QB's. And it's not even to do with their record (although that's part of it). Brady and Manning have not finished their careers, but they are undisputably elite because they are the best of their era (not just the season, but the era)

                                When talking from the perspective of current players the word is "Top QB" or "best QB" or "great", but elite (for me at least) is reserved for the historic reference.

                                I definitely see where you're coming from, and I agree there isn't another QB in the league I would rather have playing for the Broncos.
                                6 of one, half dozen of the other. The big point is we all know Jay WILL be elite.
                                Ahhhhhh... welll.... yes. If thats your definition of elite.. then I COMPLETELY agree with you. If you are talking in a historical sense, then he absolutely needs another couple years of success to prove himself.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X