Wild Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Hog

I'm kinda surpised nobody's asked this, but could we run the wild hog with Eddie Royal? In the Oakland game he threw the ball once and it looked like he had an OK arm and he was smart with it and threw it away. Plus, since he's a very shifty runner he could make some plays. It's just an idea, and I was wondering what the general feeling about it was.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Expound on the Wild Hog. I think I know what you're talking about, but not sure.

One thing I will say, Don't expect any trick plays against KC. They're not needed, and it's no good to let the cat out of the bag.

Comment

For reference purposes if anyone doesnt know (and cause I know few people will actually ask "\/\/ TF is running a Wild Hog??) :

“Wild Hog” formation, where Eddie would line up at quarterback in the shotgun position with the option to run, hand the ball off or throw downfield.

One clear advantage of running the ball from this formation is the run becomes 11 on 11 instead of 10 on 11 like when the QB hands off and stands watching.

I think anything that makes the game more interesting & gives us a better chance at winning is a good plan, so I'd love to see them give this a whirl.

T777
      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
        Expound on the Wild Hog. I think I know what you're talking about, but not sure.

One thing I will say, Don't expect any trick plays against KC. They're not needed, and it's no good to let the cat out of the bag.

CP to you for not being to proud to ask him to expound on the Wild Hog, by the way

T777
        "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post

What T777 said. It's what the Dolphins ran 6 times and got 4 tds off of it against the Patriots.
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
            For reference purposes if anyone doesnt know (and cause I know few people will actually ask "\/\/ TF is running a Wild Hog??) :

“Wild Hog” formation, where Eddie would line up at quarterback in the shotgun position with the option to run, hand the ball off or throw downfield.

One clear advantage of running the ball from this formation is the run becomes 11 on 11 instead of 10 on 11 like when the QB hands off and stands watching.

I think anything that makes the game more interesting & gives us a better chance at winning is a good plan, so I'd love to see them give this a whirl.

T777
            Not what I thought, but thanks for the info.

I don't think there's any chance at all of this happening. Cutler is too good, and Shanny wants the ball in his hands. As good as Royal is, he is still a WR and a Rookie, so it would be kinda stupid to crank up the pressure on him unnecessarily.
            It would be cool to watch, but there's no chance.

Comment

My first question would be who would he have the option of handing off too? You'd probably have to split Andre Hall out wide and set him in motion in order to have some one speedy enough to take the rock from Royal, if Royal keeps it then you would want Pittman out there to assist with the blocks down the field. If Royal decides to throw it then you have to look at his accuracy.

I also have a feeling that the Phins may have blown this play outta the water for anyone that wants to run it from here on out. I mean seriously the Patriots got beat by it 4 times and each time they looked at each other like *** just happened ... I don't see to many more teams doing that.

JMO though so take it for what it's worth.
              sigpic

Comment

if you guys want to run the wild hog why not run it with the guy who it was designed for. arkansas orginally put it in for hillis and when he got hurt it was then turned over to mcfadden and since he ran it so well it stayed his job.. so i am guessing that hillis must have a good arm so when we want to run a trick play put him back there and let him chuck it up for jay.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan View Post
                  if you guys want to run the wild hog why not run it with the guy who it was designed for. arkansas orginally put it in for hillis and when he got hurt it was then turned over to mcfadden and since he ran it so well it stayed his job.. so i am guessing that hillis must have a good arm so when we want to run a trick play put him back there and let him chuck it up for jay.
                  Maybe later in the year against someone good, not against KC

Comment

Working...
                  X