Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time make Champ and Bly earn there money!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Can't help but watch all these other teams do all this blitzing and there corners hold up pretty good. We need to blitz more and let Champ and Bly hold there own. Doesnt make since to pay these corners all this money for nothing. Let them earn there pay. Leave them on an Island and lets bring the pressure.
    i feel like we're leaving them on an island even when we dont blitz so why not start doing it more

Comment

we are getting punished not blitzing...

so how much worse can we really get punished if we began to blitz A LOT??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton... View Post
        we are getting punished not blitzing...

so how much worse can we really get punished if we began to blitz A LOT??
        True.....very true

Comment

problem is

Cornerback is not an imediate impact position. Not to say that it isnt important but its not the sexxy stat position like LB or DE. Every year you see a bunch of DEs get 10+ sacks, or a bunch of LBs that gather 120+ tackles. These are stats that happen every game and are extremely noticable. Now on the other hand, how often does a CB or a safety get 10+pix? Generally in a given year you may have 1 guy that has a super year with 10 pix, then the next guy behind him has maybe 5 or 6 pix. The problem with DB is that the only time you even see or hear their name called is when he gets one of those 6 pix, or god forbid Chris Chambers makes an elite players play. You know the recievers get paid to make plays too, it happens quite often. So at the end of the day I cherish the fact that I may hear or even see champ baileys name called once or twice a game(Twice is pushing it)

Comment

Originally posted by beastlymarsh15 View Post
            you dont know what your are talking about. the reason were not getting any sacks off blitzes is because we havent blitzed very much at all

actually he had a valid point ian gold was the best blitzing lb we had. Webster isnt very good he does get picked up on blitzes rather easily, boss is not a good blitzer and Dj never has been. However it should be noted that we have 2 young LB's waiting in the wings that are very good at blitzing and thats spencer larsen and wesely woodyard. with our offense we can afford a year or 2 to get the d where we need it to be. i never once thought superbowl with this team and i still dont. so we got some time to get this d where we need it to be. this draft should have proved 1 thing to many fans and thats that the new scouting and evaluating is alot better, which means that it should stay that way this upcoming draft. for once we may get some defensive players that belong in this system on the line, and some playmakers in other areas......

Comment

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
              Cornerback is not an imediate impact position. Not to say that it isnt important but its not the sexxy stat position like LB or DE. Every year you see a bunch of DEs get 10+ sacks, or a bunch of LBs that gather 120+ tackles. These are stats that happen every game and are extremely noticable. Now on the other hand, how often does a CB or a safety get 10+pix? Generally in a given year you may have 1 guy that has a super year with 10 pix, then the next guy behind him has maybe 5 or 6 pix. The problem with DB is that the only time you even see or hear their name called is when he gets one of those 6 pix, or god forbid Chris Chambers makes an elite players play. You know the recievers get paid to make plays too, it happens quite often. So at the end of the day I cherish the fact that I may hear or even see champ baileys name called once or twice a game(Twice is pushing it)
              Bingo.. right on the nose. This is what I have been saying as well. NO CORNER can not be thrown on. They all have passes completed against them, and it doesn't mean they have "lost a step" if they have.

Comment

Putting Champ and Bly in zone coverage and having 3 rushers is a very poor use of the skill sets on this team, OK the LB's may not be the best blitzers, but that does not mean they cannot do it. Boss has great speed, DJ has very good speed, Nate can throw his helmet at the QB if he has to. We have weapons. But were not using them properly.

Champ's play has not went down. Just as Rav said.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                  Putting Champ and Bly in zone coverage and having 3 rushers is a very poor use of the skill sets on this team, OK the LB's may not be the best blitzers, but that does not mean they cannot do it. Boss has great speed, DJ has very good speed, Nate can throw his helmet at the QB if he has to. We have weapons. But were not using them properly.

Champ's play has not went down. Just as Rav said.
                  I agree, I am really getting ticked with the defensive scheme that Slowik has been running. My head starts throbbing when we rush 3 on 3rd downs and the QB has as long as he pleases to sit back and wait for an opening.

It isn't the personal, its the coverage and plays we are running. We have one of the best man coverage units and fail to utilize it.
                  sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X