Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one has been bringing up...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No one has been bringing up...

    Matt Prater!

    The kid has been solid in fg's this year even making a 52 yarder. I think he has really stepped up and has been kicking a**! 5/5 so far with 13 extra points made.

    Also give it up to kern! he's averaging almost 50 yards a punt with a long of 64!!!

    These guys are doing a great job and I don't think they get the attention they deserve!

    ...Or maybe im just a fg kicker and I only notice...

    haha but seriously! these guys are doing great after all the worrying of Elam and Mr. S gone!
    Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

  • #2
    Dude, I agree. This kid is awesome. Did you see what he said after that Saints game, when asked what he thought of Gramatica's miss? "It didn't matter; we just would have driven down and I would have kicked the winning field goal."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
      Dude, I agree. This kid is awesome. Did you see what he said after that Saints game, when asked what he thought of Gramatica's miss? "It didn't matter; we just would have driven down and I would have kicked the winning field goal."
      Lol, I didnt see that! But wow! great attitude haha
      Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

      Comment


      • #4
        Truth be told, I, like many other Broncos fans was nervous to start 2 young kickers. I mean special teams coverage has always been a little bit of a worry. But these kids can play!

        Our punt team still needs to work on reducing returns, whether it is the coverage or the hang-time of the punt. Kern's gross average is 49.4, but the net of 39.7 is not spectacular. No worse than our punters in recent history though!
        Broncos fan at InGameNow.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
          Dude, I agree. This kid is awesome. Did you see what he said after that Saints game, when asked what he thought of Gramatica's miss? "It didn't matter; we just would have driven down and I would have kicked the winning field goal."
          that seems to sum up the quiet confidence of our entire offense. I know Prater is special teams, BUT he is a scoring machine on ST and he obviously has the same confidence in our offense to get him in position to make a play as the rest of the O-squad. I want to see our defense settling in and playing with some of that same swagger, if anyone can manage to turn it around I have faith in Shannahan now that he is no longer dealing primarily with the offense and just floating around using his talents where they are needed most. I sincerely believe that our D will come together at some point this season and find a scheme that allows them to play with the same confidence. Go Broncs

          Comment


          • #6
            also, who saw all those touchbacks in the NO game?? I think Prater even sent one through the goal posts on one LOL
            Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
              Matt Prater!

              The kid has been solid in fg's this year even making a 52 yarder. I think he has really stepped up and has been kicking a**! 5/5 so far with 13 extra points made.

              Also give it up to kern! he's averaging almost 50 yards a punt with a long of 64!!!

              These guys are doing a great job and I don't think they get the attention they deserve!

              ...Or maybe im just a fg kicker and I only notice...

              haha but seriously! these guys are doing great after all the worrying of Elam and Mr. S gone!
              They are doing a good job. I am glad to see some young kickers in there. I was one of the people that wanted Elam gone 2-3 years ago and was never a big Sauerbraun fan. Hopefully Kern and Prater will continue to get better over the next couple years and turn into pro-bowl caliber players. I also like the fact that Prater is pretty damn fast too and we might need that seeing how our kick coverage tends to give up a big return once in a while.
              Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

              Comment


              • #8
                I haven't really paid attention to the kickers, but now that it's mentioned, they have been solid. But also, now that it's been mentioned, if Prater misses anything tomorrow, I blame this thread.

                And because of this thread, I'm thinking for looking into putting Prater as my kicker on my fantasy team.
                Just a side note, Prater is ranked higher than Elam on FOX Sports Fantasy Football.
                Last edited by I_Only_Like_Jay; 09-27-2008, 10:00 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                  I haven't really paid attention to the kickers, but now that it's mentioned, they have been solid. But also, now that it's been mentioned, if Prater misses anything tomorrow, I blame this thread.

                  And because of this thread, I'm thinking for looking into putting Prater as my kicker on my fantasy team.
                  I have him on 2 of my fantasy teams and due to our high powered offense he has been clutch for me so far!!!
                  Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                    I have him on 2 of my fantasy teams and due to our high powered offense he has been clutch for me so far!!!
                    He's on my fantasy team too, but josh brown i also have and he is solid with a rams team that cant get into the endzone. Meaning lots of Fg's
                    Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He's now on my Fantasy Team. Vinatieri was my kicker, but Indiana has a bye week, so Prater is it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by djwinter View Post
                        Truth be told, I, like many other Broncos fans was nervous to start 2 young kickers. I mean special teams coverage has always been a little bit of a worry. But these kids can play!

                        Our punt team still needs to work on reducing returns, whether it is the coverage or the hang-time of the punt. Kern's gross average is 49.4, but the net of 39.7 is not spectacular. No worse than our punters in recent history though!
                        I'll take 39.7yds net over what we've had before. That's just 0.1 yards off being top 10.
                        sigpic

                        Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                        Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          yeah good call. Elam was one of my favorite players on the broncos, i was soo sad to see him go. But prater has done a spectacular job so far. I thought losing elam would be a big blow because we usually settled for field goals, but with our offense scoring so many td's we eliminated that problem

                          anyways, does anyone know why we traded elam? He was a bronco for soo long, shouldnt loyalty and partnership come into play while the denver staff debated to trade him or not? Did he want to be released?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
                            anyways, does anyone know why we traded elam? He was a bronco for soo long, shouldnt loyalty and partnership come into play while the denver staff debated to trade him or not? Did he want to be released?
                            I'm pretty sure he was a free agent and wanted more money than we were willing to give so he signed with Atlanta instead...I was pretty bummed about it all offseason but am very pleased with the kicking so far so really can't complain.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=Scheyjosh;2346239]Matt Prater!

                              The kid has been solid in fg's this year even making a 52 yarder. I think he has really stepped up and has been kicking a**! 5/5 so far with 13 extra points made.

                              QUOTE]

                              13 extra points and 5 field goals, for most teams that stat would be switched around.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X