X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    THIS kind of thinking, B4, is elementary football thinking. Can't happen. Won't happen, and its the kind of sense that will simply NOT WORK in the NFL. You can NOT NOT NOT completely go man-on-man defense every play. That will make it SOOOOOO easy for any offense and QB.
    How many times did we even go man to man yesterday? I watched the entire game, and barely (if any) saw any man to man.

I swear, it seemed like we were in a soft ass prevent D the whole game, and we were the team behind.

The zone thing isn't working, and we use it too much. You can't go completely into a zone every time. The QB will eat us alive... in which the "stud" Damien Huard did.

What's the point of playing zone every defensive snap? It's pathetic.

And I'm also sick of seeing the 3 linebackers and a safety "show" blitz... I mean get real. Do teams really think we're are actually going to do it? It's almost funny...

"Showing blitz... up to the line of scrimmage...... Now we drop back into that zone."
    Last edited by Peerless; 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Well then the D needs to make a change, because it is unacceptable to have your best CB lining up on a #2.

Seriously, it's not that hard to make the change.

If there are 3 receivers on the field, and 3 corners... line up accordingly.
    THIS kind of thinking, B4, is elementary football thinking. Can't happen. Won't happen, and its the kind of sense that will simply NOT WORK in the NFL. You can NOT NOT NOT completely go man-on-man defense every play. That will make it SOOOOOO easy for any offense and QB.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Champ should be on the best receiver...It's that simple.

Why have your best CB (maybe best in the league), playing against a #2 scrub... while watching the opposing #1 RAPE a rookie.

It's just stupid.
    No. You can NOT play man-to-man defense the ENTIRE game.. PERIOD. NO defense in the NFL plays Man-to-man defense the entire game. You do that, you get CRUSHED.

Look... QBs and OCs LOVE man-to-man defense. Don't you guys see each and every week the QB trying to identify and isolate the man-to-man coverage so that they can THROW into and AT that coverage???? The advantage is to the receiver EVERY time. Thats why defenses try go cover and hide what kind of coverage they are in. Thats why you see ZONE blitzes.. because it hides coverage. Thats why you fake blitzes, because it hides coverages. Thats why you have some man and some zone.. and why you Do NOT switch your corners just randomly each and EVERy play!

This has been the same way EVERy team EVERy week.. ALL the time. Thats why QBs put people in motion... to identify WHERE the man coverage is.

This isn't Junior High Football.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I do not mind how Champ plays and he had to be on the same side. It really shuts down that side. What really irritates me is Bly and no one on our D line needs to be doubled. We need a pure NT, Solid CB, and saftey on our D in the next offseason.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Originally posted by cammina View Post
    The people in this thread are extremely unintelligent. If you watch games, Teams line up with formations to get the matchup they want.

CHamp and Bly play on their sides and rarely switch. They dont usually line up #1 on champ for a reason.
    That's why when you start getting beat you change scheme and maybe try man cov.? Just a guess though.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by cammina View Post
    The people in this thread are extremely unintelligent. If you watch games, Teams line up with formations to get the matchup they want.

CHamp and Bly play on their sides and rarely switch. They dont usually line up #1 on champ for a reason.
    Well then the D needs to make a change, because it is unacceptable to have your best CB lining up on a #2.

Seriously, it's not that hard to make the change.

If there are 3 receivers on the field, and 3 corners... line up accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• cammina
    replied

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    It was unacceptable to see Bowe catching all those balls and not having Champ covering him. Where is the shutdown CB when we need? Oh, he is covering the #2 guy...

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Originally posted by RedStormRising View Post
    You guys got to understand that having a great run stopping corner is a double-edged sword.

Generally speaking, they line up in a specific position and stay there, especially when you don't play a lot of man coverage.

That allows other teams to create some mismatches.

The Chiefs obviously worked on that a lot this week. We picked on Dre Bly an awful lot.

Like anything though, pass coverage is not just about one person...even when you have arguably the best cover guy in the league.

We started the game with two rookie corners in Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers. They were part of what turned out to be a good scheme, and made some plays.

Bailey is still the best, but until that RUN DEFENSE is shored up, you're gonna see a lot more mismatches.
    Word ... I cant disagree

Leave a comment:

• Jason Sitoke
    replied
    Champ, like any other good corner, can only be expected to cover a WR for a few seconds. If he has a good run defense, and a decent pass rush, it allows him the freedom to pick his spots and try to jump the receivers first move once in a while. Since he has to keep his eyes in the backfield (run defense sucks) AND he knows he's got double moves coming from the wideouts (pass rush sucks and swallows), he hasn't had any pick-6s in a while.

That being said, he hasn't had a great year to start, and I did see him (for some reason) covering the Chiefs 250 lb fullback on a couple plays (???????).

Dre Bly is the most over-rated player I've ever seen. He gets burned regularly, he can't tackle, and I can't remember the last turnover he forced. We should have kept Fox at the other corner and cut Bly, but I guess with Bly's contract we couldn't do that

Leave a comment:

• RedStormRising
    replied
    You guys got to understand that having a great run stopping corner is a double-edged sword.

Generally speaking, they line up in a specific position and stay there, especially when you don't play a lot of man coverage.

That allows other teams to create some mismatches.

The Chiefs obviously worked on that a lot this week. We picked on Dre Bly an awful lot.

Like anything though, pass coverage is not just about one person...even when you have arguably the best cover guy in the league.

We started the game with two rookie corners in Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers. They were part of what turned out to be a good scheme, and made some plays.

Bailey is still the best, but until that RUN DEFENSE is shored up, you're gonna see a lot more mismatches.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Champ is the greatest CB in the league that came in and completely upended LJ and forced a fumble that keep the Broncos in the game a little longer ..

The game is about finding mismatches ....

Why the Broncos had JW on Bowe I have no idea but Champ did not give up them yards..
    Last edited by LarryDean; 09-28-2008, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    I'm starting to think champ might actually be comeing back down to earth.

If teams know he is gonna play one side. and denver does not adjust to this i am calling out the scheme or coach
    He could be.. but then again you can always say a corner is as only as good as his pass rush.

But pass rush or no pass rush, you shouldn't be putting inexperienced corner's on the opposing teams #1 receiver.

Don't tell me Champ is on one side to defend the run... I could really care less, and hope that's not the answer. Our run D is just as bad with him on that one side, and I'd rather have him defending the best #1 then on one side to stop the run here and there.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    I'm starting to think champ might actually be comeing back down to earth.

If teams know he is gonna play one side. and denver does not adjust to this i am calling out the scheme or coach

Leave a comment:

• beastlymarsh15
    replied
    What is up with this?

First we had to suffer and watch Paymah cover Chris Chambers, and now we have to watch J"MF"W try and cover Bowe.

Does big Bob know we have Champ Bailey? There's no point in having him if he's not used for covering the #1 receiver.

It's pathetic....
    well some of us got what we wanted...jack williams was played over karl paymah...and it wasnt any better...

as far as what you said...i noticed that too...champ bailey was hardly lined up with dwayne bowe...which is a big mistake

Leave a comment:

Working...
X