Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champ Bailey, the greatest corner back in the league who doesn't cover #1's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by cammina View Post
    The people in this thread are extremely unintelligent. If you watch games, Teams line up with formations to get the matchup they want.

    CHamp and Bly play on their sides and rarely switch. They dont usually line up #1 on champ for a reason.
    That's why when you start getting beat you change scheme and maybe try man cov.? Just a guess though.

    Comment


    • #32
      I do not mind how Champ plays and he had to be on the same side. It really shuts down that side. What really irritates me is Bly and no one on our D line needs to be doubled. We need a pure NT, Solid CB, and saftey on our D in the next offseason.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        Champ should be on the best receiver...It's that simple.

        Why have your best CB (maybe best in the league), playing against a #2 scrub... while watching the opposing #1 RAPE a rookie.

        It's just stupid.
        No. You can NOT play man-to-man defense the ENTIRE game.. PERIOD. NO defense in the NFL plays Man-to-man defense the entire game. You do that, you get CRUSHED.

        Look... QBs and OCs LOVE man-to-man defense. Don't you guys see each and every week the QB trying to identify and isolate the man-to-man coverage so that they can THROW into and AT that coverage???? The advantage is to the receiver EVERY time. Thats why defenses try go cover and hide what kind of coverage they are in. Thats why you see ZONE blitzes.. because it hides coverage. Thats why you fake blitzes, because it hides coverages. Thats why you have some man and some zone.. and why you Do NOT switch your corners just randomly each and EVERy play!

        This has been the same way EVERy team EVERy week.. ALL the time. Thats why QBs put people in motion... to identify WHERE the man coverage is.

        This isn't Junior High Football.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
          Well then the D needs to make a change, because it is unacceptable to have your best CB lining up on a #2.

          Seriously, it's not that hard to make the change.

          If there are 3 receivers on the field, and 3 corners... line up accordingly.
          THIS kind of thinking, B4, is elementary football thinking. Can't happen. Won't happen, and its the kind of sense that will simply NOT WORK in the NFL. You can NOT NOT NOT completely go man-on-man defense every play. That will make it SOOOOOO easy for any offense and QB.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            THIS kind of thinking, B4, is elementary football thinking. Can't happen. Won't happen, and its the kind of sense that will simply NOT WORK in the NFL. You can NOT NOT NOT completely go man-on-man defense every play. That will make it SOOOOOO easy for any offense and QB.
            How many times did we even go man to man yesterday? I watched the entire game, and barely (if any) saw any man to man.

            I swear, it seemed like we were in a soft ass prevent D the whole game, and we were the team behind.

            The zone thing isn't working, and we use it too much. You can't go completely into a zone every time. The QB will eat us alive... in which the "stud" Damien Huard did.


            What's the point of playing zone every defensive snap? It's pathetic.


            And I'm also sick of seeing the 3 linebackers and a safety "show" blitz... I mean get real. Do teams really think we're are actually going to do it? It's almost funny...

            "Showing blitz... up to the line of scrimmage...... Now we drop back into that zone."
            Last edited by Peerless; 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              How many times did we even go man to man yesterday? I watched the entire game, and barely (if any) saw any man to man.

              I swear, it seemed like we were in a soft ass prevent D the whole game, and we were the team behind.

              The zone thing isn't working, and we use it too much. You can't go completely into a zone every time. The QB will eat us alive... in which the "stud" Damien Huard did.


              What's the point of playing zone every defensive snap? It's pathetic.
              I was at the game. I watched. But believe it or not, it wasn't the defense that lost this game. The defense is BADDDDDD (worse than bad).. but the defense didn't LOSE this game. The offense did.

              But we DID play man-to-man. But we obviously didn't go man-up each and every snap. You are saying that they need ot move Champ back and forth and follow the best WR, and I'm saying you don't see any team in the NFL do that on every snap. You can't.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I was at the game. I watched. But believe it or not, it wasn't the defense that lost this game. The defense is BADDDDDD (worse than bad).. but the defense didn't LOSE this game. The offense did.

                But we DID play man-to-man. But we obviously didn't go man-up each and every snap. You are saying that they need ot move Champ back and forth and follow the best WR, and I'm saying you don't see any team in the NFL do that on every snap. You can't.
                I know, the defense was actually keeping us in the game..... weird.




                Well that man to man play must have been limited, because I know I saw a lot of zone.

                And why is it so hard to move Champ on the side of the #1 receiver in a zone?

                I really don't get it.

                I mean... if one corner is playing the zone on the left side, and the other corner is playing the zone on the right side.... is it that hard to play the zone's on opposite sides of the fields? It's not like Champ would line up in man coverage on the other side, but he'd line up on the other side in zone coverage.

                A zone is going to be a zone if you play it....

                Comment


                • #38
                  Am I seeing things here...or is this a thread blasting Champ Bailey and the DBs?

                  KC had 160 yards passing and 1 TD. Um...they didn't win 'cause of their passing game.

                  So unless you can pin LJ's 200 on Champ...this thread is pointless.

                  Jim

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If you moved Champ over to the right when bowe moved to the right, they would just put him in motion to the left. If Champ moves to the left with him, they know they are in man... if he stays... tehy know its zone anyway, and keep bowe to the left.

                    its not hard to see that Champ is moving back and forth, and simply counter that.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      If you moved Champ over to the right when bowe moved to the right, they would just put him in motion to the left. If Champ moves to the left with him, they know they are in man... if he stays... tehy know its zone anyway, and keep bowe to the left.

                      its not hard to see that Champ is moving back and forth, and simply counter that.
                      Ah good points....

                      It's still tough to watch.

                      One week you have Paymah getting eaten alive by Chris Chambers, and later on you have Jack Williams being heavily tested against Bowe.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        THIS kind of thinking, B4, is elementary football thinking. Can't happen. Won't happen, and its the kind of sense that will simply NOT WORK in the NFL. You can NOT NOT NOT completely go man-on-man defense every play. That will make it SOOOOOO easy for any offense and QB.
                        Wow.....it can be even easier for opposing teams?

                        Watching SD's defense, you see adjustments being made at halftime (that's how they usually shutdown opponents for the most part in the 2nd half (albeit, we do not have the D line talent); but putting Champ on the #1 WR on 3rd and long (which other teams convert over 75% of the time) is at least worth a try.
                        And hearing people say Champ has lost a step......well, maybe true; but I see C. Woodson shadowing T.O. all game (with an injured Al Harris) in week 3 and he did a very formidable job.
                        One last note, Bly is nothing that I expected 2 yrs ago....a huge lack of effort on his part.

                        At least teams will have to resort to more running later in the season with the cold weather, and we won't have to see L.J. but once more.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          Ah good points....

                          It's still tough to watch.

                          One week you have Paymah getting eaten alive by Chris Chambers, and later on you have Jack Williams being heavily tested against Bowe.
                          Man.. every time I would point and say "uh oh.. 26 on Bowe again, they are going to throw to bowe." Rarely was I wrong. It was a perfect match-up for them and they were going hard at it. I don't see why we didn't have more safety help to that match up? I don't know. It was more than frustrating to watch.. it was painful.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
                            Am I seeing things here...or is this a thread blasting Champ Bailey and the DBs?

                            KC had 160 yards passing and 1 TD. Um...they didn't win 'cause of their passing game.

                            So unless you can pin LJ's 200 on Champ...this thread is pointless.

                            Jim
                            But most of those 160 yards came on 3rd downs (the most important down in a football game) throughout the game that keeps the chains moving.

                            LJ went for 65 on his first carry and nearly 30 late in the 4th during garbage time.

                            3rd downs are what kill this team on defense every game.

                            FYI, take away at least 2 of the 4 turnovers on offense and we aren't even having this discussion.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              Man.. every time I would point and say "uh oh.. 26 on Bowe again, they are going to throw to bowe." Rarely was I wrong. It was a perfect match-up for them and they were going hard at it. I don't see why we didn't have more safety help to that match up? I don't know. It was more than frustrating to watch.. it was painful.
                              Yeah, I believe another thing that makes our pass coverage look bad is our safety play.

                              I'm okay with McCree..... But I can kinda see why the Dolt fans had a problem with him, but I just don't like Manuel and never did. Here in Packer country, I had to watch and listen to all of the fans complain about his poor play.. and I guess it hasn't changed.



                              But the real solution is the pass rush. Your coverage is only as good as the pass rush, and clearly ours suck.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Even if man doesn't work, how can we get worse? Honestly if we told our DBs to sit down on the field and take a nap it would be just about the same.
                                You're afraid of doing something that might not work, even though it doesn't work now.
                                Also that 3-4 defense is stupid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X