X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draco193
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    So Slowik was telling him to stay on the left side of the field every play since we brought him in here even though Slowik wasn't a DC until this year?
    How long ws he the DBs coach though? The scheme weve run for the secondary has been the same for a long time. We need to start playing more press man, and blitzing more.

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    just as a simple guess? Champ stays on the strongside since most runs and QB bootlegs tend to go to that side, I don't agree that its a wise way to utilize his skills but it may be possible that they keep him there in run support and to cover receivers on that side of the field when the QB rolls out?

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Champ should be on the best receiver...It's that simple.

Why have your best CB (maybe best in the league), playing against a #2 scrub... while watching the opposing #1 RAPE a rookie.

It's just stupid.

its because he is our best run support DB, our safeties suck especially manuel. for his first game as a rookie JW did quite well he gave up 1 maybe 2 plays to bowe, but bly was on him most of the game. JW, champ, and dre were not the problem this last game.....it is and has been our piss poor safety play against the run and in coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Champ should be on the best receiver...It's that simple.

Why have your best CB (maybe best in the league), playing against a #2 scrub... while watching the opposing #1 RAPE a rookie.

It's just stupid.

Leave a comment:

• illmatic
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Name me one corner in the league who doesn't cover the other teams best receiver more often then not?

Nnamdi Asomugha
    Terrence Newman
    Asante Samuel
    Charles Woodson
    Rhonde Barber
    Antonio Cromartie

Notice a pattern here? All of the teams these guys play on have a competent to very good corner playing across from them. And with Champ it's no different. People like to trash Bly, but he's done a pretty good job imo holding up his end of the bargain playing across from Champ.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    no man, its slowik, champ doesn't go into the huddle saying hey i will take care of the 2nd string TE, slowik tells the team what the call is and champ has no choice but to execute. and he still executes to his ability, but the coach doesn't put him in a good position.
    So Slowik was telling him to stay on the left side of the field every play since we brought him in here even though Slowik wasn't a DC until this year?

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    It's pathetic that people have not realized that he's done this since he's been here. It's not Bob Slowik it's probably Champ
    no man, its slowik, champ doesn't go into the huddle saying hey i will take care of the 2nd string TE, slowik tells the team what the call is and champ has no choice but to execute. and he still executes to his ability, but the coach doesn't put him in a good position.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Then why hasn't he moved over to the other side of the field since he's been here. We've been through 3 or 4 DCs and he has never went over to the right side of the field. He's always stayed on the left.
    That's pretty sad....

Might as well go out and get 2 good corner backs, instead of paying for one great corner who is limited to one side of the field, which usually doesn't involve the opposing #1.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by WoodyInvincible View Post
    Champ always sticks to that one side. It's how it's been for a long time unless we're in man coverage. Doesn't mean I agree with it though.
    I know, and it's the dumbest philosophy I've ever heard.

Geez, what do you think the offense will do? Put their best WR on the other side maybe?

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Are you actually saying that it's Champs fault that he's not covering the #1??

He's stated that he wants to go up against the best.... and covering some #2 scrub and watching a rookie getting eatin' alive is not good use of a top notch/top dollar corner.
    Then why hasn't he moved over to the other side of the field since he's been here. We've been through 3 or 4 DCs and he has never went over to the right side of the field. He's always stayed on the left.

Leave a comment:

• WoodyInvincible
    replied
    Champ always sticks to that one side. It's how it's been for a long time unless we're in man coverage. Doesn't mean I agree with it though.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Name me one corner in the league who doesn't cover the other teams best receiver more often then not?
    This is obvious Champ Bailey

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    It's pathetic that people have not realized that he's done this since he's been here. It's not Bob Slowik it's probably Champ
    Are you actually saying that it's Champs fault that he's not covering the #1??

He's stated that he wants to go up against the best.... and covering some #2 scrub and watching a rookie getting eatin' alive is not good use of a top notch/top dollar corner.

Leave a comment:

• Broncette in GA
    replied
    I have been asking the same question for 2 quarters now. Who the hell is Champ on?

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by illmatic View Post
    Name me one corner in the league who covers the other teams #1 exclusively.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X