X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aija
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateo32 View Post
    That's because they ran for 200 yards on us. They didnt need to pass the ball.

Your statement is pointless. The fact is, Champ Bailey has not been worth what we gave up for him.
    They only threw the ball in the fourth quarter for a little. Had Champ covered Bowe they would have had to decide to throw it to the other side or force it to Bowe. Champ doesn't get looks becasue he's always covering scrubs. To me it makes no sense to pay a guy the highest salary of a CB to cover scrubs.

Leave a comment:

• Mateo32
    replied
    Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
    Am I seeing things here...or is this a thread blasting Champ Bailey and the DBs?

KC had 160 yards passing and 1 TD. Um...they didn't win 'cause of their passing game.

So unless you can pin LJ's 200 on Champ...this thread is pointless.

Jim

That's because they ran for 200 yards on us. They didnt need to pass the ball.

Your statement is pointless. The fact is, Champ Bailey has not been worth what we gave up for him.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Man.. every time I would point and say "uh oh.. 26 on Bowe again, they are going to throw to bowe." Rarely was I wrong. It was a perfect match-up for them and they were going hard at it. I don't see why we didn't have more safety help to that match up? I don't know. It was more than frustrating to watch.. it was painful.
    While it was painful, while I was watching the game it seemed as if they rolled the safety to help with Gonzalez. Maybe KC used him as a decoy because they did not throw to him as much as I thought they would. But it freed up Bowe to run free throughout the entire secondary.

Leave a comment:

• rockrules40
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    So Slowik was telling him to stay on the left side of the field every play since we brought him in here even though Slowik wasn't a DC until this year?
    You do realize that Slowik was an assistant under Larry Coyer. They run the same type of scheme which has the corners stay on the same side.

Leave a comment:

• Acidburn05
    replied
    Iasked that same ? for 4 weeks now. and its ovious he doesnt get thrown to because he never covers the primari reciever exept when he covered chambers and aloud him to catch a bomb for a TD. Now heres another ? is he that good or just overe rated. because J William can do what he does against a second reciever and JW is a rookie.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Even if man doesn't work, how can we get worse? Honestly if we told our DBs to sit down on the field and take a nap it would be just about the same.
    You're afraid of doing something that might not work, even though it doesn't work now.
    Also that 3-4 defense is stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Man.. every time I would point and say "uh oh.. 26 on Bowe again, they are going to throw to bowe." Rarely was I wrong. It was a perfect match-up for them and they were going hard at it. I don't see why we didn't have more safety help to that match up? I don't know. It was more than frustrating to watch.. it was painful.
    Yeah, I believe another thing that makes our pass coverage look bad is our safety play.

I'm okay with McCree..... But I can kinda see why the Dolt fans had a problem with him, but I just don't like Manuel and never did. Here in Packer country, I had to watch and listen to all of the fans complain about his poor play.. and I guess it hasn't changed.

But the real solution is the pass rush. Your coverage is only as good as the pass rush, and clearly ours suck.

Leave a comment:

• atl-bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
    Am I seeing things here...or is this a thread blasting Champ Bailey and the DBs?

KC had 160 yards passing and 1 TD. Um...they didn't win 'cause of their passing game.

Jim
    But most of those 160 yards came on 3rd downs (the most important down in a football game) throughout the game that keeps the chains moving.

LJ went for 65 on his first carry and nearly 30 late in the 4th during garbage time.

3rd downs are what kill this team on defense every game.

FYI, take away at least 2 of the 4 turnovers on offense and we aren't even having this discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Ah good points....

It's still tough to watch.

One week you have Paymah getting eaten alive by Chris Chambers, and later on you have Jack Williams being heavily tested against Bowe.

Leave a comment:

• atl-bronco
    replied
    THIS kind of thinking, B4, is elementary football thinking. Can't happen. Won't happen, and its the kind of sense that will simply NOT WORK in the NFL. You can NOT NOT NOT completely go man-on-man defense every play. That will make it SOOOOOO easy for any offense and QB.
    Wow.....it can be even easier for opposing teams?

Watching SD's defense, you see adjustments being made at halftime (that's how they usually shutdown opponents for the most part in the 2nd half (albeit, we do not have the D line talent); but putting Champ on the #1 WR on 3rd and long (which other teams convert over 75% of the time) is at least worth a try.
    And hearing people say Champ has lost a step......well, maybe true; but I see C. Woodson shadowing T.O. all game (with an injured Al Harris) in week 3 and he did a very formidable job.
    One last note, Bly is nothing that I expected 2 yrs ago....a huge lack of effort on his part.

At least teams will have to resort to more running later in the season with the cold weather, and we won't have to see L.J. but once more.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    If you moved Champ over to the right when bowe moved to the right, they would just put him in motion to the left. If Champ moves to the left with him, they know they are in man... if he stays... tehy know its zone anyway, and keep bowe to the left.

its not hard to see that Champ is moving back and forth, and simply counter that.
    Ah good points....

It's still tough to watch.

One week you have Paymah getting eaten alive by Chris Chambers, and later on you have Jack Williams being heavily tested against Bowe.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    If you moved Champ over to the right when bowe moved to the right, they would just put him in motion to the left. If Champ moves to the left with him, they know they are in man... if he stays... tehy know its zone anyway, and keep bowe to the left.

its not hard to see that Champ is moving back and forth, and simply counter that.

Leave a comment:

• vannestjc
    replied

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    I was at the game. I watched. But believe it or not, it wasn't the defense that lost this game. The defense is BADDDDDD (worse than bad).. but the defense didn't LOSE this game. The offense did.

But we DID play man-to-man. But we obviously didn't go man-up each and every snap. You are saying that they need ot move Champ back and forth and follow the best WR, and I'm saying you don't see any team in the NFL do that on every snap. You can't.
    I know, the defense was actually keeping us in the game..... weird.

Well that man to man play must have been limited, because I know I saw a lot of zone.

And why is it so hard to move Champ on the side of the #1 receiver in a zone?

I really don't get it.

I mean... if one corner is playing the zone on the left side, and the other corner is playing the zone on the right side.... is it that hard to play the zone's on opposite sides of the fields? It's not like Champ would line up in man coverage on the other side, but he'd line up on the other side in zone coverage.

A zone is going to be a zone if you play it....

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    How many times did we even go man to man yesterday? I watched the entire game, and barely (if any) saw any man to man.

I swear, it seemed like we were in a soft ass prevent D the whole game, and we were the team behind.

The zone thing isn't working, and we use it too much. You can't go completely into a zone every time. The QB will eat us alive... in which the "stud" Damien Huard did.

What's the point of playing zone every defensive snap? It's pathetic.
    I was at the game. I watched. But believe it or not, it wasn't the defense that lost this game. The defense is BADDDDDD (worse than bad).. but the defense didn't LOSE this game. The offense did.

But we DID play man-to-man. But we obviously didn't go man-up each and every snap. You are saying that they need ot move Champ back and forth and follow the best WR, and I'm saying you don't see any team in the NFL do that on every snap. You can't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X