Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey, the greatest corner back in the league who doesn't cover #1's

What is up with this?

First we had to suffer and watch Paymah cover Chris Chambers, and now we have to watch J"MF"W try and cover Bowe.

Does big Bob know we have Champ Bailey? There's no point in having him if he's not used for covering the #1 receiver.

It's pathetic....

It's pathetic that people have not realized that he's done this since he's been here. It's not Bob Slowik it's probably Champ

Comment

Why isn't Champ on Bowe 24/7?

He has 74 yards, the next closest KC receiver has 14.
      http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
      MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

Name me one corner in the league who covers the other teams #1 exclusively.

Comment

Because Slowik is a dumb---.

No wonder why Champ rarely has any int's. Because they never throw to him when he's covering the second, third, or fourth WR.

Comment

Originally posted by illmatic View Post
            Name me one corner in the league who covers the other teams #1 exclusively.
            Name me one corner in the league who doesn't cover the other teams best receiver more often then not?

Comment

I have been asking the same question for 2 quarters now. Who the hell is Champ on?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                It's pathetic that people have not realized that he's done this since he's been here. It's not Bob Slowik it's probably Champ
                Are you actually saying that it's Champs fault that he's not covering the #1??

He's stated that he wants to go up against the best.... and covering some #2 scrub and watching a rookie getting eatin' alive is not good use of a top notch/top dollar corner.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                  Name me one corner in the league who doesn't cover the other teams best receiver more often then not?
                  This is obvious Champ Bailey

Comment

Champ always sticks to that one side. It's how it's been for a long time unless we're in man coverage. Doesn't mean I agree with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      Are you actually saying that it's Champs fault that he's not covering the #1??

He's stated that he wants to go up against the best.... and covering some #2 scrub and watching a rookie getting eatin' alive is not good use of a top notch/top dollar corner.
                      Then why hasn't he moved over to the other side of the field since he's been here. We've been through 3 or 4 DCs and he has never went over to the right side of the field. He's always stayed on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodyInvincible View Post
                        Champ always sticks to that one side. It's how it's been for a long time unless we're in man coverage. Doesn't mean I agree with it though.
                        I know, and it's the dumbest philosophy I've ever heard.

Geez, what do you think the offense will do? Put their best WR on the other side maybe?

Comment

Then why hasn't he moved over to the other side of the field since he's been here. We've been through 3 or 4 DCs and he has never went over to the right side of the field. He's always stayed on the left.
                          That's pretty sad....

Might as well go out and get 2 good corner backs, instead of paying for one great corner who is limited to one side of the field, which usually doesn't involve the opposing #1.

Comment

no man, its slowik, champ doesn't go into the huddle saying hey i will take care of the 2nd string TE, slowik tells the team what the call is and champ has no choice but to execute. and he still executes to his ability, but the coach doesn't put him in a good position.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                              no man, its slowik, champ doesn't go into the huddle saying hey i will take care of the 2nd string TE, slowik tells the team what the call is and champ has no choice but to execute. and he still executes to his ability, but the coach doesn't put him in a good position.
                              So Slowik was telling him to stay on the left side of the field every play since we brought him in here even though Slowik wasn't a DC until this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X