Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Problem, We're still Undefea....oh, wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Problem, We're still Undefea....oh, wait...

Now you know why people say the Broncos are lucky not to be 1-3.

When you can't run the football at will...and the Broncos can't...

When your Defense sucks...and the Broncos does...

When your Special Teams suck...and the Broncos does...

All it takes is a team that plays physical, and is willing to beat up the Broncos, which the Chiefs absolutley did today. That is what I will take away from this game more than anything else is that the Chiefs obviously did not respect the Broncos on a physical level, and were simply commited to kicking their tail physically.

The Broncos have all of thses cute plays and formations, and what were they worth today?

Jack squat.

If Jay Cutler has an off day, or the O-Line can't pass block, the Broncos are dead meat, period,
    because they are an inferior team on 2/3 of the other parts of their team.

You can't throw the ball all over the yard and forget to run the ball.

I have no idea why Shanahan has fallen so far head-over-heels for all of this spread Offense crap, but if he does not remember that you have to run the ball fist in the NFL, he is going to watch the Broncos season go right down the drain.

The Broncos have two more very physical games coming up against Tampa Bay and Jacksonville, who beat Denver's a** last year.

That is the one ting I always sense about Mike Shanahan's teams...underneath it all, they are soft and vulnerale to tough, physical football teams, and they got spanked today for that very reason.

Too bad the refs could not bail them out today...
    Last edited by MindField; 09-28-2008, 01:39 PM.

Thank you captain obvious?

Comment

Great post we do have to get more physical.

I really do hope our defense and ST's starts to step up and our offense just had a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
        Thank you captain obvious?
        I agree, it IS obvious, which is why I wonder why I get so much pushback from Bronco fans around here.

The difference is, I could see it when the Broncos won those games against SD and NO, but when I posted it after those games, all I got was a bunch of..'Oh well, we're undefeated...'

"Whatever, Mindfield, we won the game..."

Well, I can tell you this, that was an 0-3 team that whooped their butts today, and that had lost 12 straight.

Safe to say they aren't the best team the Broncos have on their remianing schedule.

Comment

Oh, and to my good friend Humberg, who challenged me last week on my assertions about the Broncos, and winning football in general, I say...

Today's game was a blueprint of everything I said last week.

You can throw it all over the place, I will take a team that will punch you in the mouth, play physical, and rush for over 200 yards anyday...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
            Now you know why people say the Broncos are lucky not to be 1-3.

When you can't run the football at will...and the Broncos can't...

When your Defense sucks...and the Broncos does...

When your Special Teams suck...and the Broncos does...

All it takes is a team that plays physical, and is willing to beat up the Broncos, which the Chiefs absolutley did today. That is what I will take away from this game more than anything else is that the Chiefs obviously did not respect the Broncos on a physical level, and were simply commited to kicking their tail physically.

The Broncos have all of thses cute plays and formations, and what were they worth today?

Jack squat.

If Jay Cutler has an off day, or the O-Line can't pass block, the Broncos are dead meat, period,
            because they are an inferior team on 2/3 of the other parts of their team.

You can't throw the ball all over the yard and forget to run the ball.

I have no idea why Shanahan has fallen so far head-over-heels for all of this spread Offense crap, but if he does not remember that you have to run the ball fist in the NFL, he is going to watch the Broncos season go right down the drain.

The Broncos have two more very physical games coming up against Tampa Bay and Jacksonville, who beat Denver's a** last year.

That is the one ting I always sense about Mike Shanahan's teams...underneath it all, they are soft and vulnerale to tough, physical football teams, and they got spanked today for that very reason.

Too bad the refs could not bail them out today...

Good pos--oh wait...

This is the equivalent of me saying "A bad o-line will hurt the running game" or "Putting the two best corners on their two best receivers will hurt their receiving game."
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
              Good pos--oh wait...

This is the equivalent of me saying "A bad o-line will hurt the running game" or "Putting the two best corners on their two best receivers will hurt their receiving game."
              No it's not.

I say that because this has been happening since the Chargers game, and virtually no one here caught on, so you can't come back now and say it's obvious, because it should have been obvious to you two weeks ago, but it wasn't.

Comment

I said this would happen too:

Originally posted by Lomax
                Pessimists = "Broncos suck, but I'm awesome because I called it. They weren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway. Let's go get a better position in the draft. "
                Did you type this crap up during the game, or did you sprint to the computer after the final whistle blew to rub it in? I hope you didn't sprain a finger.

Besides, nothing you said is news to anyone. Defense needs help? Knew it. Kick return coverage needs help? Knew that too. You're doing nothing but stating the obvious.

If you want reality, talk about how the Broncos were -3 in turnover differential. That's all you need to know about this game, because that's one stat very few offenses, defenses, and STs can overcome, regardless of how good they are.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

No it's not.

I say that because this has been happening since the Chargers game, and virtually no one here caught on, so you can't come back now and say it's obvious, because it should have been obvious to you two weeks ago, but it wasn't.
                  It's been pretty obvious to everyone who was watching the games.

So unless you're directing this to the people that just watch the highlights....yeah, it's obvious.
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Oh, and to my good friend Humberg, who challenged me last week on my assertions about the Broncos, and winning football in general, I say...

Today's game was a blueprint of everything I said last week.

You can throw it all over the place, I will take a team that will punch you in the mouth, play physical, and rush for over 200 yards anyday...
                    Well, I don't know about it being a blueprint for EVERYTHING since much of what you said was quite wrong (I cite the whole stats argument over again), but I'll give you a nod for getting something right, here goes:

I Humberg, do solemnly swear, that you Mindfield, after claiming many many negative things about the Broncos, from the offense/defense/special teams and coaching down to the color of the jersey's and the water boy's breath mints, can say that yes, the fact that we lost THIS ONE GAME in which the defense and running game struggled today (although had 94 yards rushing which isn't too bad) happens to align with some similar themes to what you have been saying for the past several years. While its true that you can put a 1000 monkeys in a room with typewriters for a 1000 years and eventually get the complete works of Shakespeare (although Mindfield is a pretty silly name for a monkey), you have actually moved one step beyond random chance and successfully pointed out the obvious (that we struggled with defense and a running game today).

Congratulations! I know after all those years of tireless negativity, it must feel good to be able to gloat when your team...or is it just 'our' team now?....loses. Great job on at least getting something right.

And boy, you SURE were right, weren't you? We are AWEFUL and that must mean that our record is...oh? We still have a winning record? What? We've only lost one game? Well, surely we're not in any kind of contention for...oh? First in our division? Picked to win the AFC West?

I regret to inform you that your other assertions have been reviewed by the booth and are still wrong, the ruling on the field stands (don't go here, you don't REALLY want me to bump last week's thread for all to see again, come on, I made you look downright silly by dumping those numbers in your face...okay, I'll let it go).

Boy, I would take a team that was physical, smash it in your mouth, and running for 200yards/game too! It doesn't take a brainiac or a "Mindfield" to look at that and say that would look pretty good and be hard to beat.

But then, you're missing the point aren't you. The point is we have a strong pass-oriented offense, not a smash-mouth run-first offense. So it seems kind of silly to sit around saying "the sky is falling" and being such a worried Grandma-bee, saying what-if and if-only, and not enjoy the team that is playing for Denver right now.

You're not so bleak that you can't enjoy anymore are you? My god, has the last smile in that sad heart of yours gone upstream in search of bigger waters? Cry me a river....(and somewhere a small, very sad violin is playing Mindfield's song)...

Yep, we're 3-1, lost to a struggling Chiefs team that we probably shouldn't have, but that's how it goes. The guys on the other side of the field get paid too. We've got a great chance to win the division, advance to the playoffs, and make some noise. In the meantime, don't you have somewhere else to be Mindfield? Your other teams need your "support."
                    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

You have to run the ball first in this league? What league are you talking about? Have you watched the NFL lately? Colts and the Pats are the best offenses year in and year out and they throw the ball more than anyone does.

Shanahan isn't running the ball because we don't have the line to do it. Clady gets manhandled on the left side about every other play and I don't even know who our fullback is anymore.

We are a pass first offense. That's how we're built. What we NEED is to not fumble the ball and throw into triple coverage when you've got your tight end running free down the seam.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
                        You have to run the ball first in this league? What league are you talking about? Have you watched the NFL lately? Colts and the Pats are the best offenses year in and year out and they throw the ball more than anyone does.

Shanahan isn't running the ball because we don't have the line to do it. Clady gets manhandled on the left side about every other play and I don't even know who our fullback is anymore.

We are a pass first offense. That's how we're built. What we NEED is to not fumble the ball and throw into triple coverage when you've got your tight end running free down the seam.
                        Who are the defending SB champs?

A gritty run and defend team in the NY Giants, that beat the fancy shotgun, pass at all costs team in the Patriots.

I have stated my case here over and over again, and I don't care who agrees with me anymore. I am not trying to convince anyone.

Disagree with me if you want. I will just point to the results when all is said and done, because this team is not even going to the playoffs the way they are playing now.

The game has not changed that much. It is still a game based on physical dominance, with very few exceptions.

So if you think the Broncos can be the exception, fine, but you will be proven wrong.

Maybe Shanahan will pull his head out and run the rock more. It would help the defense by keeping them off the field, and it would give the Broncos a sense of toughness, which they obviously lack...

But again, young Madden Nation, if you believe you can win consistently in the NFL playing videogame football, you are seriously mistaken.

When the weather turns cold, the tough teams that can run and control the clock win the great majority of the time.

The few exceptions to that are the Dome teams, where Denver has been absolutely murdered in the past anyway.

So I am in the sit and wait mode now. I am tired of posting about this team, getting ripped for it by ignorant posters, because today was the first of more than a few losses this season.

I like the Broncos schedule of KC, Tampa and Jacksonville in a row, because they are all tough, physical teams Denver usually has not fared well against.

So we'll see how they do...

0-1 so far...
                        Last edited by MindField; 09-28-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                          Well, I don't know about it being a blueprint for EVERYTHING since much of what you said was quite wrong (I cite the whole stats argument over again), but I'll give you a nod for getting something right, here goes:

I Humberg, do solemnly swear, that you Mindfield, after claiming many many negative things about the Broncos, from the offense/defense/special teams and coaching down to the color of the jersey's and the water boy's breath mints, can say that yes, the fact that we lost THIS ONE GAME in which the defense and running game struggled today (although had 94 yards rushing which isn't too bad) happens to align with some similar themes to what you have been saying for the past several years. While its true that you can put a 1000 monkeys in a room with typewriters for a 1000 years and eventually get the complete works of Shakespeare (although Mindfield is a pretty silly name for a monkey), you have actually moved one step beyond random chance and successfully pointed out the obvious (that we struggled with defense and a running game today).

Congratulations! I know after all those years of tireless negativity, it must feel good to be able to gloat when your team...or is it just 'our' team now?....loses. Great job on at least getting something right.

And boy, you SURE were right, weren't you? We are AWEFUL and that must mean that our record is...oh? We still have a winning record? What? We've only lost one game? Well, surely we're not in any kind of contention for...oh? First in our division? Picked to win the AFC West?

I regret to inform you that your other assertions have been reviewed by the booth and are still wrong, the ruling on the field stands (don't go here, you don't REALLY want me to bump last week's thread for all to see again, come on, I made you look downright silly by dumping those numbers in your face...okay, I'll let it go).

Boy, I would take a team that was physical, smash it in your mouth, and running for 200yards/game too! It doesn't take a brainiac or a "Mindfield" to look at that and say that would look pretty good and be hard to beat.

But then, you're missing the point aren't you. The point is we have a strong pass-oriented offense, not a smash-mouth run-first offense. So it seems kind of silly to sit around saying "the sky is falling" and being such a worried Grandma-bee, saying what-if and if-only, and not enjoy the team that is playing for Denver right now.

You're not so bleak that you can't enjoy anymore are you? My god, has the last smile in that sad heart of yours gone upstream in search of bigger waters? Cry me a river....(and somewhere a small, very sad violin is playing Mindfield's song)...

Yep, we're 3-1, lost to a struggling Chiefs team that we probably shouldn't have, but that's how it goes. The guys on the other side of the field get paid too. We've got a great chance to win the division, advance to the playoffs, and make some noise. In the meantime, don't you have somewhere else to be Mindfield? Your other teams need your "support."
                          You haven't proven a thing.

You are an idiot that uses meaningless numbers to attempt to win an argument that does not hold up.

You want numbers? Well, I 've got numhers for you.

9-7 and 7-9.

Those are the Broncos W-L records over the last two years, and zero playoff appearences.

This year will make three, becase this team won't make the playoffs running the ball the way they do with the 30th ranked defense.

So, the only one you made look foolish was yourself, because your numbers were/are a compete mirage.

Comment

mindfield = master of stupidity
                            sigpic

Comment

Same Old Story...

You haven't proven a thing.

You are an idiot that uses meaningless numbers to attempt to win an argument that does not hold up.

You want numbers? Well, I 've got numhers for you.

9-7 and 7-9.

Those are the Broncos W-L records over the last two years, and zero playoff appearences.

This year will make three, becase this team won't make the playoffs running the ball the way they do with the 30th ranked defense.

So, the only one you made look foolish was yourself, because your numbers were/are a compete mirage.
                              Dude, you make some decent points, but you really sound like a crybaby. All you do is say "this sucks" and "that sucks" all week long, then when the team eventually loses (which every team does) come around and proclaim yourself the great prognosticator who was right all along.

The team doesn't even need to lose the way YOU said they would. You're crapping all over Champ and the defense, but when the O comes in and loses the game by turning over the ball 4 times and giving the D short fields to work with you actually have the nerve to claim that this SUPPORTS your claim about the D because they don't win when the O stinks it up.

Now you're ranting about how important the running game is. The Broncos have had a VERY effective running game up to this point, and ran the ball well, though not often, in the first half.

This game tells us NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that anyone with at least 2 brain cells didn't already know. KC was desperate. KC home field advantage is huge. Denver's front 7 is undersized. Denver's D can't get off the field on 3rd downs. Cutler throws it to Marshall too much. Kick coverage stinks. The end.

Write another sob story, I've read this one already.
                              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X