Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler's breakout campaign put on hold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler's breakout campaign put on hold....

lets face it, the past two games jay cutler hasnt played his best football. just for a comparison, here's what has happened in these last 4 games:

first two games (@ OAK, vs. SD)
    6 TD's, to 1 INT

last two games (vs. NO, @ KC)
    3 TD's, to 3 INT's

he's obviously hit a slump, and he's going to have to get back to form in these next two games to re-energize his breakout season

yeah i know the yards are coming, Cutler is on pace for at least 4,000 yards but i'm looking at the efficiency of the TD to INT ratio

Cutler said at the beginning of the year that his goal was to keep his INT's in single digits...he's not off to a very good start to meet that goal

We need to come to terms with the fact that Cutler isn't always going to take what the defense gives him. If he's made up his mind that he's throwing to Marshal, then that's where the ball is going. In the Chiefs game. He could have thrown to Stokely on third and long, allowing him to make a move, but he tried to throw it by Johnson instead. He then had Sheffler down field wide open, but tried to throw over underneath coverage and between over the top coverage. He didn't even get enough on it, and it was picked by the corner. This is the way Jay plays the game. If you put a leash on him, he's not going to trust his arm to make the spectacular plays like he did on the touch down pass.

Comment

His bad games, he's still explosive, and very capable with one throw. He has shown that.

20 other QB's in the NFL have bad games, and their offense is completely stagnant.

Get Jay Cutler a 20th ranked defense and it's an entirely different situation.

Sad. "20th ranked defense" I could only dream about. That isn't asking for much.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        We need to come to terms with the fact that Cutler isn't always going to take what the defense gives him. If he's made up his mind that he's throwing to Marshal, then that's where the ball is going. In the Chiefs game. He could have thrown to Stokely on third and long, allowing him to make a move, but he tried to throw it by Johnson instead. He then had Sheffler down field wide open, but tried to throw over underneath coverage and between over the top coverage. He didn't even get enough on it, and it was picked by the corner. This is the way Jay plays the game. If you put a leash on him, he's not going to trust his arm to make the spectacular plays like he did on the touch down pass.
        if Cutler wants to be an elite QB like he has the ability to be...he's gonna have to take what the defense gives him....two absolutely stupid INT's that could have been easily avoided...

in the 1st INT, he had 3 guys wide open underneath, but instead tried to force it to Marshall, and then Derrick Johnson picks it off

the 2nd INT, Scheffler was wide freakin open....i cant believe he missed that! but Cutler HAD to go to Marshall, and then its picked for INT #2.....very bad decision making and that kind of play should not be tolerated from a third year NFL QB...especially our starting QB

Comment

Originally posted by beastlymarsh15 View Post
          if Cutler wants to be an elite QB like he has the ability to be...he's gonna have to take what the defense gives him....two absolutely stupid INT's that could have been easily avoided...

in the 1st INT, he had 3 guys wide open underneath, but instead tried to force it to Marshall, and then Derrick Johnson picks it off

the 2nd INT, Scheffler was wide freakin open....i cant believe he missed that! but Cutler HAD to go to Marshall, and then its picked for INT #2.....very bad decision making and that kind of play should not be tolerated from a third year NFL QB...especially our starting QB
          1) Elite CB's don't happen in their 3rd season. SOrry to disappoint you. Brady is about the only exception. McNabb, Brees, Manning, Favre, none of those guys were elite in the second full season of starting. None.

2)Elite Cb's make bad decisions. It happens. ELite Cb's certainly made bad decisions on their way to getting to where they are now. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a fact.

They won't be Cutlers last bad decisions he will make, and that will not have an influence if he is an elite QB or not.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            1) Elite CB's don't happen in their 3rd season. SOrry to disappoint you. Brady is about the only exception. McNabb, Brees, Manning, Favre, none of those guys were elite in the second full season of starting. None.

2)Elite Cb's make bad decisions. It happens. ELite Cb's certainly made bad decisions on their way to getting to where they are now. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a fact.

They won't be Cutlers last bad decisions he will make, and that will not have an influence if he is an elite QB or not.
            i know he's going to make mistakes, i'm just trying to point out that his "breakout season" is not so stellar...at least not yet

Comment

lets get this breakout season back on track Cutler

Comment

lets get this breakout season back on track Cutler
                and soon...i mean this sunday soon

Comment

yes his numbers went down but this is also the NFL so s**t happens and you cant always throw 4 touchdowns and no ints its just part of the game but i believe its just a bump in the road of his campaign and he'll regain form next week

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                    yes his numbers went down but this is also the NFL so s**t happens and you cant always throw 4 touchdowns and no ints its just part of the game but i believe its just a bump in the road of his campaign and he'll regain form next week
                    I hope he "wows" us all this Sunday...and shows he isnt always just looking for Marshall...I want Cutler to spread the ball around as much as he did vs. Oakland...when we scored the most points he have all season

Comment

I hope he "wows" us all this Sunday...and shows he isnt always just looking for Marshall...I want Cutler to spread the ball around as much as he did vs. Oakland...when we scored the most points he have all season
                      yeah me too i think hes kinda becoming to one dimensional when marshall was out during the chokeland game man Cutler was alll over the field

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

Are we going to move Cutler to CB position ?

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                          yeah me too i think hes kinda becoming to one dimensional when marshall was out during the chokeland game man Cutler was alll over the field
                          he was unbelievable without Marshall....either Cutler needs to learn how to spread the ball around and not get it to Marshall all the time....or one of them has to go (you know I'm kidding about that one )

Comment

A little disappointed with Jay....but not as much as I am with the DEFENSE!!! They have been horrible since the start of the season. Can't stop the RUN!! It isn't going to get any better if they keep playing like they have. Not sure if it's the defensive coordinator or just the players.....which ever it is they better get on the stick....next 3 games are going to be tough and you can't put it all on Jay's shoulder, it's a team effort and last I knew the "D" is part of the team. They better be ready for the Jags....I live by Jacksonville, I have witnessed many runs by Talor and Jones Drew, not to mention Garrard who can run...especially on 3rd downs. He did it to us last year! Converted every 3rd down to a 1st. I flew out to Denver for that game last year and saw it first hand. If things don't change SOON we will be giving that divison to the Chargers and possibly miss a playoff spot.

Lets go BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                              Are we going to move Cutler to CB position ?
                              maybe we should

Comment

Working...
                              X