This is why CHAMP doesn't cover #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
    how is Cro a ball hawk when the ball falls into his lap 80% of the time? Do you even watch how QJ plays? he's a physics CB that is good at Jamming the receiver at the line and then funnelling them off to the safety. Watch Jammer and McRee play in the past two years.

NOONE is a better tackler than champ. DId you watch when Champ stonewalled running backs last year?! You really are a chargers fan in disguise.
    Cro lead the NFL in INT's last year.......anyone with a brain knows that = Ballhawk.....off the top of my head I beleive he has two this year thus far vs. Bailey with 1 that we all know wasn't an INT

QJ is a better tackler then Bailey, that is not saying Bailey isnt a goo tackler

MEcree sucks and I am glad he is no longer a Charger

Comment

Originally posted by RAWRAMN View Post
      Cro lead the NFL in INT's last year.......anyone with a brain knows that = Ballhawk.....off the top of my head I beleive he has two this year thus far vs. Bailey with 1 that we all know wasn't an INT

QJ is a better tackler then Bailey, that is not saying Bailey isnt a goo tackler

You charger fans are all the same. You fail to acknowledge how Cro gets his balls. I counted SEVEN balls last year that were thrown right to him because merriman had pressure on the Qb.

As for this two ints this year, both vs favre; The first was thrown to a backup Running back at 5'10 while cro was all over him.

The second was an overthrown ball by clemons deep into the endzone where cro was standing all alone.

When champ gets his picks, he's right next to the receiver makin the play to steal the ball away. That's a true CB.

You are worthless and illogical just as much as your post is.

Comment

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
        You charger fans are all the same. You fail to acknowledge how Cro gets his balls. I counted SEVEN balls last year that were thrown right to him because merriman had pressure on the Qb.

As for this two ints this year, both vs favre; The first was thrown to a backup Running back at 5'10 while cro was all over him.

The second was an overthrown ball by clemons deep into the endzone where cro was standing all alone.

When champ gets his picks, he's right next to the receiver makin the play to steal the ball away. That's a true CB.

You are worthless and illogical just as much as your post is.
        I love how you start your post off by saying "you Charger fans are all the same" then go on to discredit Cro's INT's basically saying he was just in the right place at the right time LOL (same thing as being a ballhawk)

You must discredit one to build the other?

The best part of your post was when you went personal calling me worthless and illogical

Comment

The best part of your post was when you went personal calling me worthless and illogical
          No, the best part of his post was that he is right.

Comment

Is that who you guys roll over on this forum?

Ignore stats and resort to weak personal attacks?

Anyways good luck with the rest of the season and I cannot wait to see you in Dec in our house

Comment

Cro maybe a ballhawk, but there's only one thing he's got on Champ Bailey: having let one receiver catch 10 balls on him in a single game
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Nobody is ignoring stats.

Since champ bailey has played for the Broncos, in three seasons he has accumulated 21 interceptions and over 200 Solo tackles.

cro is in his 3rd year with 12 total ints with 75 total tackles.

Another stat worth mentioning is that cro got absolutely owned by Bmarsh on 18 catches.

You FAIL.

Comment

Is that who you guys roll over on this forum?

Ignore stats and resort to weak personal attacks?

Anyways good luck with the rest of the season and I cannot wait to see you in Dec in our house
                  Lmao, it is because of Champ that the league started with the whole "Shutdown Corner/LockDown corner" phrases. You want the same level of care and attention for cro? awww isn't that cute.

Teams gameplan around Champ bailey, it's a fact. Yeah, I want wait to see Bmarsh make cro his b*tch in dec again.

Comment

Originally posted by cammina View Post
                    After five seasons of watching Champ Bailey play Im surprised the fans don't understand the role of Champ.

He is a SHUTDOWN corner, because of him, the term was popularized.

Why would you use Champ to lockdown exactly ONE player when he has the ability to cover half a field AND shut down the run on his side?!

Champ is excellent man on man but so much better when can cover half the field. How many times have you seen people run on champ?

The right thing to do is have him shut down half the field and leave it up to the other 10 guys to make a play, and if they don't they should be pressuring the QB to make a mistake on champ's side.

Our DLine is making our 3rd corner and safeties look terrible. But you don't just put Champ on #1 receiver all the time. Wake up broncos fans
                    Champ doesn't lock down half the field, though.

And it doesn't matter even if he does, because when the other teams #1 receiver is on the other side of the field lined up against our nickel back, there's no point in even going to Champs side. Big gains all day long.

Also, Champ has had a number of rushing TD's to his side... so I don't know what you're getting at.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
                    sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

All I know is that our defense is the absolutely worst in the NFL against the pass, even with "Champ shutting down half the field" (???)... The role you described is just senseless, it is stupid. And it is not functional. He would do a better job covering Bowe, covering Chambers more often... What would Huard do if Bowe was covered by Champ? How many passes he threw to Bowe? How many were completed? How many 1sr downs? Champ can't cover half the field, but he could try to cover a #1 WR, and that would help a lot.
                      sigpic

Comment

Since champ bailey has played for the Broncos, in three seasons he has accumulated 21 interceptions and over 200 Solo tackles.

Another stat worth mentioning is that cro got absolutely owned by Bmarsh on 18 catches.

You FAIL.

I am not trying to smack here.......I just think it is funny that you continue to compare Cro to Bailey, which I have not. Have I once said Cor is better then Bailey, NO!

Trying to throw in this is Cro's third year is just ignorant since he was starting his first nor was he 100% healthy from his injuring in college.

Bailey is a hell of a DB

Also I am not sure how many passes were completed against bailey, but Rivers went right at him continually
                        Last edited by RAWRAMN; 09-29-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

You FAIL.
                          Good thing Cromartie was on Brandon Marshall for every one of those 18 catches.

You FAIL.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
                          sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

Bailey is a hell of a DB

Also I am not sure how many passes were completed against bailey, but Rivers went right at him continually
                            Rivers threw at champ three times. One was a TD for chambers. One that ended up being picked off. And the other was deflected.

The result of putting champ on his lockdown side was forced KC field goal 5 times.

That many rushing yards attributed to the 4 turn overs and inability to pass rush.

I think it'sa valid point that to lock down half a field is better than locking down one receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by McKeough View Post
                              Good thing Cromartie was on Brandon Marshall for every one of those 18 catches.

You FAIL.
                              The actual number is 10. Two for TDs. is 10 any less significant than 18?

I prefer 18, it looks better. it may be inaccurate but cro getting spanked for 10 and 2 TDs isn't much different.

I boasted.

Is that all you can provide for an argument?

You've epically FAILED

Comment

Our Defense wasn't perfect against KC, it was effective.

4 turnovers makes it look terrible. You guys wondered why champ wasn't on #1, i provided an argument. it worked out pretty well with the stops and punts and one Champ turnover.

#3Cb wasn't off bowe by that much. With a little pass rush you guys would think it was genius.

Think effectively before you speak with a mouth full of negativity.

mckeough and roddoliver, wow
                                Last edited by cammina; 09-29-2008, 03:26 PM. Reason: s

Comment

Working...
                                X