Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeNbake
    replied
    The problem isn't Baily, the actually both Baily's are in on almost every tackle, the true problem is lack of QB pressure, as proved on sunday if you give a Proffesional QB that much time in the pocket (even Huared) he can pick apart even the best secondary.

Leave a comment:

• BigMike05
    replied
    i agree with you cammina

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
    Are you thinking straight? You're clearly missing the entire argument of this thread. U need to watch the chargers game again, the first pic was thrown to a RB that cro was all over. the undersized receiver.

The 2nd pic was thrown by clemons the backup QB in the endzone. You have no facts with which to backup your information.

That 7 for cro did come off merriman pressure last year you idiot.
    Originally posted by ESPN
    On the fourth play of the next Jets' drive, Cromartie overpowered Laveranues Coles and took the ball away, racing 52 yards for a 17-7 lead.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280922024

So, next time before sending me a PM telling me about my credibility, try looking
    something up.

Leave a comment:

• rockreptile
    replied
    i agree that Chambers is quality. i remember seeing him making a bunch of plays in Miami... i know because he was on my fantasy teams one year so i paid attention

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    The thing is... Champ cant "lock" down half the field anymore... Hell he is getting
    beat by mediocre WRs (Chambers and Curry[although Curry cant catch]) in
    man 2 man coverage. But who doesnt?
    I would look at Chambers career numbers before saying he is mediocre. I realize that you are a Ocho fan and that you would be suprised at how their numbers compare. Im sure you wouldnt label Johnson as mediocre right

Leave a comment:

• AyanBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    Everything you have said in this thread just lost all credibility...

I dont remember Cros other pick in that game, but I remember the one over
    Coles (who was/is not a back up RB) and Favre threw this pick not Clemons.

So apperently your either choosing not to aknowledge the fact tha Cro went
    around Coles to pop the ball outta Cole's hands, up in the air over Coles, and
    to himself in which he returned it for a touchdown. If that is not a play on a
    ball what is?

I also highly doubt that you counted EXACTLY 7 balls that were thrown to Cro
    while SPECIFIALLY Merriman was pressuring the QB. Your reaching, and failing.
    Are you thinking straight? You're clearly missing the entire argument of this thread. U need to watch the chargers game again, the first pic was thrown to a RB that cro was all over. the undersized receiver.

The 2nd pic was thrown by clemons the backup QB in the endzone. You have no facts with which to backup your information.

That 7 for cro did come off merriman pressure last year you idiot.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
    You charger fans are all the same. You fail to acknowledge how Cro gets his balls. I counted SEVEN balls last year that were thrown right to him because merriman had pressure on the Qb.

As for this two ints this year, both vs favre; The first was thrown to a backup Running back at 5'10 while cro was all over him.

The second was an overthrown ball by clemons deep into the endzone where cro was standing all alone.

When champ gets his picks, he's right next to the receiver makin the play to steal the ball away. That's a true CB.

You are worthless and illogical just as much as your post is.

Everything you have said in this thread just lost all credibility...

I dont remember Cros other pick in that game, but I remember the one over
    Coles (who was/is not a back up RB) and Favre threw this pick not Clemons.

So apperently your either choosing not to aknowledge the fact tha Cro went
    around Coles to pop the ball outta Cole's hands, up in the air over Coles, and
    to himself in which he returned it for a touchdown. If that is not a play on a
    ball what is?

I also highly doubt that you counted EXACTLY 7 balls that were thrown to Cro
    while SPECIFIALLY Merriman was pressuring the QB. Your reaching, and failing.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by cammina View Post
    Are you joking? Finnegan? based off four games with a stout Dline with sacks? Look at haynesworth with 6 sacks to his credit and NOTICE how many times the ball was thrown RIGHT at finnegan.

Samuels was beat by devin hester and kyle orton last night 3 times and for a TD. Wth are you talking about? Cro got spanked by marshall for 18 catches and 2 TDs. Watch Mathis/Woodsen and tell me that the balls were thrown right at them.

Our defense has done nothing to scare the QB into throwing a bad pass at Champ. Then our D gives Qbs all day to focus a perfect throw on champ and you're all screaming.

What kind of broncos fans do we have here?

1) Im not a Bronco fan

2) Do you watch who is covering who when you watch a game? Or do you just
    assume that every play is made against a teams best CB? Except in Denver's
    case then its never against Champ.

Woodson has been spectacular this year, Mathis has been as well (look what
    Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, and Andre Johnson did against him). Cro did get
    beat up by Marshall a few times, not 18, and Denver threw at Aso like 3 times
    all game. Aso, Mathis, and Woodson have played better than Champ this year.

And here is a concept... if the ball is thrown right into a DBs arms, it is possible
    that a DB made a great read and broke on the ball.

Leave a comment:

• rickdnlsn
    replied
    needs help

Champ is doing a great job no DB can shut down a reciever all day, the D-Line needs to step up and put some pressure on somebody, we are making these quarterbacks look like all stars

Leave a comment:

• RAWRAMN
    replied
    Question:

Would you guys be up tp trading Champ to help fill some voids on the defense?

Cut Bly? (whom is severely over-rated)

Leave a comment:

• RAWRAMN
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    God I can't even stomach reading some of the retarded opinions on this site anymore. Lost a step? Is too old? Does anyone even understand what the hell's going on out there when they watch these games? Why do you think Champ is almost always around the ball when it's a run, and I don't mean beyond the five. Now think about our useless middle linebacker who can't stop the run.

Mindless drones. Every one of you.
    The funny thing is we get that at the Charger forum in regards to LT........morons over there say LT has lost a step, We should trade LT, bench LT for Sproles

Leave a comment:

• RAWRAMN
    replied
    Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
    4 offensive turnovers, 2 3 and outs. Inflated KC's stats.
    198 yards from LJ is getting owned, even if your offense doesn't turn over the ball

Leave a comment:

• Conde
    replied
    After five seasons of watching Champ Bailey play Im surprised the fans don't understand the role of Champ.

He is a SHUTDOWN corner, because of him, the term was popularized.

Why would you use Champ to lockdown exactly ONE player when he has the ability to cover half a field AND shut down the run on his side?!

Champ is excellent man on man but so much better when can cover half the field. How many times have you seen people run on champ?

The right thing to do is have him shut down half the field and leave it up to the other 10 guys to make a play, and if they don't they should be pressuring the QB to make a mistake on champ's side.

Our DLine is making our 3rd corner and safeties look terrible. But you don't just put Champ on #1 receiver all the time. Wake up broncos fans
    WHAT?!?! The Hell with all that. Champ responsibility should always to want to cover the #1 WR. The front seven is responsible for stopping the run. If a CB has to stop the run for them, then the front seven isn’t taking care of their responsibility. If they happen to run it to Champ side, he’ll try to stop it like always

Champ needs to be covering the #1 WR at all times. He's just useless if he isn't. They are not even going to throw or look to his side cuz they got their #2 or #3 lined up on his side anyway. DUH!

Champ is going to get beat. All CB's do. But he's not going to get beat often. That's the point of having him on the #1 WR at all times. Dre will always get beat 88% of the time when he's covering the #1 WR because he’s overrated.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    God I can't even stomach reading some of the retarded opinions on this site anymore. Lost a step? Is too old? Does anyone even understand what the hell's going on out there when they watch these games? Why do you think Champ is almost always around the ball when it's a run, and I don't mean beyond the five. Now think about our useless middle linebacker who can't stop the run.

Mindless drones. Every one of you.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    It's interesting how fans think that just by putting champ on the #1 receiver is the answer to our sloppy defense.
    Because what we are doing is working so well. No one here is a DC, for sure. But we still give our idea's being this is a forum and all. What I think is funny is when people come in here and criticizes other peoples idea's with out giving their own.

If you watch enough NFL there are numerous games where teams don't match up their #1 CB vs #1 WR.

It's like our game vs. oakland. WHy wasn't asomugha on Royal for most of the game when Hall was constantly getting torched. Then the Oak D eventually slowed Royal down for a bit and Cutler hit Sheffler and Jackson for bombs.
    Seriously, you're using Oakland in that game as an example of an effective defense. SERIOUSLY???

Then the chargers had Cromartie on Bmarsh manvman for most of the game and look how that worked out for them.
    alot better then what the Raiders did.

THEN you look at the chiefs, their CBs switched up on Bmarsh. Eventually, FLowers the smaller CB was on bmarsh and shut him down.
    We played like ass, Jay Cutler had some major lapses in judgment. I don't take much from that game. 4 turnovers 2 3 and outs and great field position threw out against our "horrible" defense and they could only muster 33 points. KC sucks and is not a major of just how bad we did.

Quit pretending like you know all the answers and open up to other suggestions. There is a REASON Champ was on zone and run support. It worked out pretty well. It just looks bad because JMFW#26 got hit up for a couple of key 1st downs.
    LOL it worked well, 33 points is not well. Our defense needs to change, this is KC were talking about not some high powered offense. This was supposed to be the movable object against the resistible force. Well the resistible force won .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X