Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodyard should be on the field, period!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woodyard should be on the field, period!

    I think he would bring a huge spark to this defense. The bottom line with this guy is he makes plays! His motor is non stop and he plays with a fire & love for the game. Being we have been using a 3-4, let him play! I think he can bring that intensity this defense is missing. DJ, Woodyard, Larsen, Boss. Let's play ball boys!
    sigpic
    "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
    Great Job & thanks, WD!




    "He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN


    “A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

  • #2
    I love his intensity and motor, but think that if he was ready he'd already be out there.
    In Manning I trust.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
      I think he would bring a huge spark to this defense. The bottom line with this guy is he makes plays! His motor is non stop and he plays with a fire & love for the game. Being we have been using a 3-4, let him play! I think he can bring that intensity this defense is missing. DJ, Woodyard, Larsen, Boss. Let's go boys!
      Easy there big fella!!! I love Woodyard too and would like to see him get some playing time once in awhile too along with JW but he is still learning and is not ready to start. Gotta remember he was an undrafted FA because he has raw talent much like Josh Barrett. Eventually I believe Woodyard will be a very productive LB in this league but let's give him a few years to develop before crowning him the next Mike Singletary.

      P.S. Same goes for Larsen
      Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
        Easy there big fella!!! I love Woodyard too and would like to see him get some playing time once in awhile too along with JW but he is still learning and is not ready to start. Gotta remember he was an undrafted FA because he has raw talent much like Josh Barrett. Eventually I believe Woodyard will be a very productive LB in this league but let's give him a few years to develop before crowning him the next Mike Singletary.

        P.S. Same goes for Larsen
        Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said anything about crowning him or Singletary? I just said I feel he could be that spark this defense needs. At this point I don't think it could hurt anymore than where we are now.
        sigpic
        "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
        Great Job & thanks, WD!




        "He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN


        “A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
          Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said anything about crowning him or Singletary? I just said I feel he could be that spark this defense needs. At this point I don't think it could hurt anymore than where we are now.
          I see what you're saying about trying anything at this point I just don't want people to get their hopes up only to come crashing down the first time he over pursues a play, gets ran over, or blows a coverage assignment. I think the spark we need is on the DL and we unfortunately don't have the personnel to provide it.
          Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
            I see what you're saying about trying anything at this point I just don't want people to get their hopes up only to come crashing down the first time he over pursues a play, gets ran over, or blows a coverage assignment. I think the spark we need is on the DL and we unfortunately don't have the personnel to provide it.
            I think we are forturnate to have depth at linebacker, which is what may prevent him from starting the next two years.

            Now, if only we had that kind of depth on the line!
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • #7
              I have to agree that Woodyard(and Larsen) shouldn't be starting LBs this year. I would like to see Woodyard given a look at SS though.

              He can stop the run, blitz, tackle and move through traffic much better then Manuel.
              He is faster and can cover better then Manuel.
              He needs playing time and at Safety he would have a little more room for plays to develope in front of him to prepare him for playing OLB.

              Out with the scrub(Manuel) and give our future a shot!

              Comment


              • #8
                I mean we have depth, but most of them are below average. Including a stater.
                sigpic
                "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                Great Job & thanks, WD!




                "He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN


                “A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

                Comment


                • #9
                  I AGREE 100%.... Winborn and Webster are STer's at best

                  If noone seen Winborn just blow by LJ on that long run he broke

                  He was way outta position...No gap control and no sense of

                  Sideline to sideline...I think they would help our whole Blitzing

                  scheme...Fast young and very mobile...PLEASE INSERT HERE...
                  sigpic Adopted By:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm all for developing the young talent if our defense is going to be a disaster scene anyways. But I don't think an inexperienced LB is a good recipe for an already shaky run defense. Stability and experience there is a must. Get Robertson back in and stick to the 4-3 and I think we can do well enough. Marcus and Doom are on their way to stepping it up, I think. Maybe I'm just hoping...

                    Maybe I'm a hypocrite for wanting Josh Barrett on the field at S but not a rookie LB?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                      I think he would bring a huge spark to this defense. The bottom line with this guy is he makes plays! His motor is non stop and he plays with a fire & love for the game. Being we have been using a 3-4, let him play! I think he can bring that intensity this defense is missing. DJ, Woodyard, Larsen, Boss. Let's play ball boys!
                      so who would play the outside LB/rush position? I agree that DJ could play the ILB but Boss would have a hard time shedding blocks. He was a horrible tampa 2 MLB and something tells me he would be horrible especially since OL would have a strait shot at him. Maybe Crowder or Moss would play OLB's but they'll be a liability in coverage. The Bronco's just aren't built for the 34 and would be ran on all day if they tried.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
                        The Bronco's just aren't built for the 34 and would be ran on all day if they tried.
                        See play #1 against Chefs for confirmation. Team didn't run the 34 anymore that game

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sage View Post
                          I have to agree that Woodyard(and Larsen) shouldn't be starting LBs this year. I would like to see Woodyard given a look at SS though.

                          He can stop the run, blitz, tackle and move through traffic much better then Manuel.
                          He is faster and can cover better then Manuel.
                          He needs playing time and at Safety he would have a little more room for plays to develope in front of him to prepare him for playing OLB.

                          Out with the scrub(Manuel) and give our future a shot!
                          where do you people come up with this crap . . . if he was better at safety dont you think he would be out there
                          sigpic
                          -------

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            where do you people come up with this crap . . . if he was better at safety dont you think he would be out there
                            Are you implying Slowik knows what he's doing? He has Manuel and Webster starting so clearly he doesn't care if the best players are on the field.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sage View Post
                              Are you implying Slowik knows what he's doing? He has Manuel and Webster starting so clearly he doesn't care if the best players are on the field.
                              yes because im sure he has some ulterior motive . . . . he is secretly planning on destroying the Denver Broncos

                              what have you seen of Woodyard at safety that makes you reasonably believe that he is an upgrade at the position, o wait nothing you are making unreasonable assumptions that woodyard would make a good safety because of what you saw of him at LB in preseason against 3rd stringers and people without jobs

                              that is hardly anything to make a reasonable person think he is an upgrade over someone who the coaches believe is the best option on the team

                              as for webster where is the better option on the team . . . again if you think larsen you are fooling yourself or can see into the future because obviously the coaches see the players every day and what they bring to the table, and as much as i hate Webster there is no reason to believe that somebody on the team is an upgrade
                              sigpic
                              -------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X