Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jay cutler on the hot seat

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

We're putting Jay Cutler on the hot seat this week.

Cutler
    After things went as well as they could have in the first three weeks of the season for Cutler and the Denver Broncos offense, he tasted his first piece of adversity in the 2008 season Sunday at Kansas City.

Cutler threw two interceptions and saw his standout receivers Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal fumble away two other chances in a stunning 33-19 loss at Kansas City. It was Denver's first loss and it was the first time this season the Broncos' offense showed signs of distress.

Let's see how Cutler reacts to it.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers visit Denver on Sunday. The Broncos need to beat Tampa Bay to ensure they stay in sole possession of first place in the AFC West.

Cutler has to respond by not making any mistakes against a strong Tampa Bay defense. He had a strong day in Kansas City as he threw for 361 yards but the turnovers were a killer. With Denver's defense struggling, the offense can't afford to make too many mistakes. That is Cutler's responsibility. He had done a great job of staying clean in the first three weeks. After taking a step back at Kansas City, the quarterback needs to rebound this weekend.
    Last edited by beastlymarsh15; 09-30-2008, 04:18 PM.

Promises, Promises.

That green has to go.

Jay is supposed to do what now? Crumble and fall apart after a loss? This guy doesn't think that Jay will respond and/or react to that? He still played well just made those two judgement mistakes. It happens.

This article is total BS and so laughable.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

What a piece of crap article.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        What a piece of crap article.
        Written by the awful Bill Williamson. What do you expect?
        In Manning I trust.

Comment

Jay on the hot seat.

Just

And more

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

What's up with the green?

Comment

my eyes
              "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Comment

We are fine. I love how when every a QB has the slightest problem the media is quick to put them on the Hotseat.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

These ESPN pricks take any chance they can get to jab at the Broncos. They were probably doing backflips after the final gun in Kansas City.

I hope Jay shoves this article straight down Williamson's throat.
                  sigpic

TZ

Comment

Upon further review, wouldn't the quarterback on the hot seat be Kurt Warner? I know he's 10,000 years old and all, but didn't he throw 8 picks and lose 24 fumbles this weekend or something?
                    In Manning I trust.

Comment

The only hot seat Jay will be on all year, is the ones that warm you up when it's cold out.

Comment

why did you use green.................................

my

eyes are burning

Comment

yup its a crap article...i wanted to see if it would pump up some of us...yea sorry about tha green...i tried to go to the color to the right of but messed up...sorry guys

Comment

alright i changed the lime to a dark brown hope it helps your eyes

Comment

I wonder if he means Jay will be on ESPN's segment they do during sportscenter called the Hot Seat....where they interview players that are performing well.

Dunno if they still do that, but that would make more sense to me than just saying that Jay is on the hot seat as if his job were on the line or something.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X