who i would put at SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who i would put at SS

I would convert wesly woodyard he has the SPEED,STRENGTH,AND AGRESSIVENESS TO DO IT. WHAT YOU THINK

i thik that was post draft talk. i want abdullah

Comment

Originally posted by imisselway View Post
      I would convert wesly woodyard he has the SPEED,STRENGTH,AND AGRESSIVENESS TO DO IT. WHAT YOU THINK
      I whole-heartedly agree. Play Woodyard at SS and replace him with Lowry in Nickel and Dime packages.

Comment

ian gold is smaller than wesley woodyard and there was never this nonsense talk about a position change. woodyard is a lnebaker and he should not and wont be switched

Comment

How about picking up Ty Law and putting him at safety? Thoughts?
          sigpic
          "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
          Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

How about a real SS named Josh Barrett?
            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by beastlymarsh15 View Post
              ian gold is smaller than wesley woodyard and there was never this nonsense talk about a position change.
              Actually I think there was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                How about a real SS named Josh Barrett?
                Or that! LOL
                sigpic
                Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

Originally posted by beastlymarsh15 View Post
                  ian gold is smaller than wesley woodyard and there was never this nonsense talk about a position change. woodyard is a lnebaker and he should not and wont be switched
                  The only ability difference between a SS and an OLB is:
                  -SS need to be able to cover WRs.
                  -OLBs need to be able to stand-up NFL OLmen.
                  If Woodyard has the speed to cover WRs(which I think he does) but needs to get some experience before trying to stack the line, I think we should give him a look at SS and bring him up to speed as what is required of the front seven while using his superior cover, run-stopping and tackling abilities to shore up our SS weaknesses(Manuel).

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                    The only ability difference between a SS and an OLB is:
                    -SS need to be able to cover WRs.
                    -OLBs need to be able to stand-up NFL OLmen.
                    If Woodyard has the speed to cover WRs(which I think he does) but needs to get some experience before trying to stack the line, I think we should give him a look at SS and bring him up to speed as what is required of the front seven while using his superior cover, run-stopping and tackling abilities to shore up our SS weaknesses(Manuel).
                    teams will target woodyard all the time b/c he is a lb playing ss...he cant cover nfl wide receivers thats why hes a lb

Comment

Was Urlacher not converted into a MLB? So maybe Woodyard could do the opposite...?
                      sigpic
                      Great Job & thanks, WD!

Comment

Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                        Was Urlacher not converted into a MLB? So maybe Woodyard could do the opposite...?
                        urlacher played mlb in college and was drafted as a mlb right?

Comment

paymah at safety

Comment

ACTIVATE Josh Barrett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 2006 he was Voted ASU's Defensive Most Valuable Player

2007: Barrett played 11 games (8 starts) as a senior at Arizona State, finishing the year with 38 tackles (25 solo), one sack (9 yds.), one interception, a career-high seven pass breakups and one fumble recovery... Missed three games early in the year due to injuries... Received ASU’s Cecil Abono Team Captain Award... Posted seven tackles vs. California (10/27) and intercepted a pass at UCLA (11/10).

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                              paymah at safety
                              that makes some more sense but then he would bring his suckability to the safety position

Comment

Working...
                              X