BRONCO/raider GAME.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRONCO/raider GAME.

Just a quick note to say how much respect he has gained from me. Week after week, hit after hit, he goes back out there and gives 110% of himself. In addition to that, he keeps the rest of the team motivated.

Mr. Sharpe, my hat is off to you.

Al Wilson out

The only good player broncos had is out.

Now Shanahan's dream team is complete.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=1624

Comment

There is reason the HOF will be waiting for him. The man just gets
      what football is about.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Wilson might sit Raiders game out

He says a pinched nerve is bothering him. He also says it's no secret he's in a contract year and he's not going to jeopordize his future.

I can't blame him, but this is certainly an ominous message about how the players feel about their chances for this year. I'll bet if they'd won last week, you wouldn't be hearing about Wilson possibly not playing this week.

I'm afraid Wilson (and probably others) have given up and the rest of this season will just be about staying healthy so they can collect paychecks next year .

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

When was the last time we had our entire starting linebacking corps was out? Hell... we have two gone for the year already. I wouldn't be suprised if Wilson ends up playing and suffers an injury. I hope not, but it sure does seem that we're getting beat up with injuries this year. Even CP is injured ( mild... but hurt nonetheless ).

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Lack of Clock Management - Way to go Shanny

Even my wife, who isnt a huge football fan, was commenting on how bad Shanny was controlling the clock at the end of this last game.
            I dont understand why we didnt try to go long into the endzone and kick an onside kick, get the ball back and go for 3. No instead we pass 3 times up the middle, not stopping the clock. And then when there is 3 seconds left, we spike the ball and go into our hurry up offence. Heres a news flash Shanny, a TD with no time left would not have won the game.

What the heck is going on. We used to play smart. Something is going to have to change, and soon.

Comment

First off, there was little realistic chance of scoring twice in that situation.

Second, it was Jake Plummer who insisted on throwing down the middle of the field.

Third, a couple of players (including Portis) turned back into the middle of the field instead of running out of bounds to stop the clock.

If you want to blame Shanny, blame him for not beating it into the players' heads that they have to kill the clock, especially with no timeouts. But it was the players on the field who were responsible at that point in time.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Javalon,

You need to wean yourself off the "Shanarat Cool-aid". I've read on this board your repeated defense of the indefensible. You even call the knucklehead by a pet name "Shanny". Well I hate to break it to you but clock management, getting your team ready to play and play calling are the head coaches responsibility. Shanarat is as many on ESPN and NFL Access have called "OVERRATED" and your defense of him only makes you appear to be a cool-aid drinker and in denial. The guy sucks and needs to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 6180lcdr
                  Javalon,

You need to wean yourself off the "Shanarat Cool-aid". I've read on this board your repeated defense of the indefensible. You even call the knucklehead by a pet name "Shanny". Well I hate to break it to you but clock management, getting your team ready to play and play calling are the head coaches responsibility. Shanarat is as many on ESPN and NFL Access have called "OVERRATED" and your defense of him only makes you appear to be a cool-aid drinker and in denial. The guy sucks and needs to move on.
                  Hmm...I had assumed I was just as entitled to my opinion as anybody else.

As I mentioned in the above thread, Shanny was as fault for not prepping his guys better. But the players on the field were the ones throwing down the middle or not running out of bounds when they had the chance.

I still trust Shanny (too bad if the nickname bothers you, I didn't come up with it) to get the team back on track. You don't. Fine. No need to attack me because I defend a coach I like. Chill.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Bears/Broncos game

I went to the Bears/Broncos game and setup my VCR to record the game. Well I live in Wichita, KS and they didn't show the game here. Does anyone have the game on tape?

Comment

classic game

heard Blockbuster is renting it and calling it "The worst ass kicking in NFL history"

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                        Fred Taylor actually owns the copyright on that name.

Ask the 'Fins.
                        Ha ha...I remember that game. I think Fred is STILL running.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                        Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
                        Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                          Unfortunately, every time I bring that up to a Miami fan, I run the risk of them remembering the '95 Fiasco Bowl and bringing THAT up.
                          Yeah that was bad. But who wouldnt have taken that against that NU squad? Hate to say it....but they were loaded.

Hey BCollin, are you going to be at the game on Saturday? Any predictions?

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                          Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.

Comment

B, excellent takes on the game. If we can make Rix look like the idiot that he truly is, we'll be in great shape. Make mine UF 23 FSU 17.
                            I know BHG will be packed, and the band will be banging in your ear, but if you listen closely you'll hear me cheering from Colorado!

Comment

FireShanahan.com

We can say the players play the game all we want but in a lot of games we're being out coached. Let's start a website FIRESHANAHAN.COM to get this guy out of here because believe we will not win anything with guy calling the shots. I'm not saying he is a bad coach but he's not the coach for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X