Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL workout

Denver Post 10-1-08

"The Broncos worked out five defensive linemen Tuesday: ends Charles Bennett, Jeff Charleston and Brent Hawkins and tackles Anthony Maddox and Montavious Stanley."

-Bennett: 6-3 254 25yrs-Clemson
    2006 TB/ 3games. 2tckl
    -Charleston: 6-4 265 25yrs-ID ST
    2007 IND/ 13games,3starts. 24tckl 1sck 3PDef
    -Hawkins: 6-2 247 25yrs-IL ST
    2006-7 JAX/ 20games. 23tckl 5.5sck

-Maddox: 6-1 305 29yrs-Delta ST
    2006-7 HOU/ 28games,12starts. 52tckl 4sck 1PDef
    2004-5 JAX/ 7games. 4tckl 1sck
    -Stanley: 6-2 302 26yrs-Louisville
    2007 ATL/ 14games,6starts. 29tckl
    2006 DAL/ -
    2006 JAX/ 3games. 4tckl
    2006 STL/ -

Could be shopping for a LB. Bennett(along with DE Chukwurah-formerly of the Broncos) was released Aug 30th by TB. Hawkins played DE at JAX but NFL.com lists him as a LB. Maddox might be added depth if Shaw or Robertson are out longer then predicted.

If we are looking for another LB, what's wrong with bringing Chukwurah back? Sure he wasn't the fastest and had some injuries, but that time he threw-up on the field just before the snap, then streaked in on a blitz was enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
      Denver Post 10-1-08

"The Broncos worked out five defensive linemen Tuesday: ends Charles Bennett, Jeff Charleston and Brent Hawkins and tackles Anthony Maddox and Montavious Stanley."

-Bennett: 6-3 254 25yrs-Clemson
      2006 TB/ 3games. 2tckl
      -Charleston: 6-4 265 25yrs-ID ST
      2007 IND/ 13games,3starts. 24tckl 1sck 3PDef
      -Hawkins: 6-2 247 25yrs-IL ST
      2006-7 JAX/ 20games. 23tckl 5.5sck

-Maddox: 6-1 305 29yrs-Delta ST
      2006-7 HOU/ 28games,12starts. 52tckl 4sck 1PDef
      2004-5 JAX/ 7games. 4tckl 1sck
      -Stanley: 6-2 302 26yrs-Louisville
      2007 ATL/ 14games,6starts. 29tckl
      2006 DAL/ -
      2006 JAX/ 3games. 4tckl
      2006 STL/ -

Could be shopping for a LB. Bennett(along with DE Chukwurah-formerly of the Broncos) was released Aug 30th by TB. Hawkins played DE at JAX but NFL.com lists him as a LB. Maddox might be added depth if Shaw or Robertson are out longer then predicted.
      don't know much about these guys but between the 5 of em I would pick Jeff Charleston. seems like he has the best potential and we are weaker at DE than DT.
      sigpic

Comment

I want Hawkins!!!!!

I also loved Chucky he was a great player on ST for us
        sigpic

Comment

If we are looking for another LB, what's wrong with bringing Chukwurah back? Sure he wasn't the fastest and had some injuries, but that time he threw-up on the field just before the snap, then streaked in on a blitz was enough for me!
          I was at that game!

Comment

That would make him up-chuck-wurah?

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
              I want Hawkins!!!!!

I also loved Chucky he was a great player on ST for us
              Chucky, Hawkins and Bennett are all of the same mold. Pass rushing DEs or slow OLBs. They are also all unemployed right now. Hawkins was arrested Jan 15th for a DUI so might not pass the Shanny-Halo-Test and Chucky is getting long in the tooth, but Bennett is a possibility with few miles and probably equal caliber to Chucky(cut on the same day from the same team and position).

As to working out DTs:
              Surprising considered we have two 300lb DLs on the 'squad and need a spot for Powell if he isn't IR'd. It wouldn't be bad to take a look at a few DTs if Rob or Shaw can't finish the year though.

Comment

Chucky, Hawkins and Bennett are all of the same mold. Pass rushing DEs or slow OLBs. They are also all unemployed right now. Hawkins was arrested Jan 15th for a DUI so might not pass the Shanny-Halo-Test and Chucky is getting long in the tooth, but Bennett is a possibility with few miles and probably equal caliber to Chucky(cut on the same day from the same team and position).

As to working out DTs:
                Surprising considered we have two 300lb DLs on the 'squad and need a spot for Powell if he isn't IR'd. It wouldn't be bad to take a look at a few DTs if Rob or Shaw can't finish the year though.
                I think Hawkins can make an imediate impact with us if we sign him
                sigpic

Comment

At this point, I don't really care who we sign, just as long as it helps even a bit.
                  Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Need another LB?

How about Wesley Woodard?

Comment

They all sound like a bunch of crap that wont make this defense any better then it already is, and thats not very good.
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Chukwurah knew how to bring presure on the qb, but if bates in TB cut him, he must still be injured.

Any man who tosses his chunkey soup on the field during a game should get another look.

Comment

Hell yeah, I remember that, now that's a motor lol.
                          BRONCOPOWER

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
                            I think Hawkins can make an imediate impact with us if we sign him
                            At what position, pass-rushing DE replacing Moss or maybe replace Webster? I believe he also played basketball in college so he should have good feet for coverage, but his 4.7 40 means he'd be too slow for an OLB spot on this team.

Comment

i dont understand why we'd be working out these bums. when you have someone like dre moore a freak with massive potential sitting on the bucs practice squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X