Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fomer owner loses bid to buy part of the Broncos

http://www.9news.com/sports/article....0981&catid=295

DENVER (AP) - Former Denver Broncos owner Edgar Kaiser Jr. lost his latest bid to force current owner Pat Bowlen to sell him part of the team.

The Colorado Court of Appeals Thursday refused to revive Kaiser's state case that was tossed out last year.

Kaiser, who sold his 60.8 percent share of the team to Bowlen in 1984, lost his case in federal court in 2004 involving an offer to sell part of the team to Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway.

Kaiser argued the 1984 contract included a "buyback" provision if Bowlen tried to sell the team or a partnership holding majority interest in the team to anybody else. The case in state court involved Bowlen's acquisition of an additional interest of the team.

The state appellate court agreed the same legal issues in federal court also apply to the state case.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

As far as I'm concerned, Kaiser can go straight to hell for sticking his nose into Bowlen's deal with John. It was only a 10% stake that John wanted at the time, and the ensuing publicity made him back out of it. Screw you, Kaiser.

I want John to eventually be the owner of the team.
    sigpic

TZ

Comment

Kaiser, what an A-hole! I remember when he came in he cleaned house by unceremoniously dumping a successful coach in Red Miller and bringing in Reeves, then getting rid of the popular "Pony Express" cheerleader squad and bringing in local high school cheerleaders. When Bowlen came in I was the happiest man on earth!!

Comment

He does not want to by the Broncos, he just wants to stick it to Bowlen.

sigpic

Comment

Must be sour grapes after selling an asset that blossomed into a billion plus on the books for Bowlen. Raise foot...kick self...

sigpic
          \

Comment

Good, it's over.

I'm surprised more people aren't posting about this.

Comment

Me too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
                Must be sour grapes after selling an asset that blossomed into a billion plus on the books for Bowlen. Raise foot...kick self...
                LOL i agree and also why sale one of the original AFL teams witch may i add this is one of the top ten most expensive franchises in the world acording to Forbes mag. only 2 teams not in the USA are in the top ten Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. If i was him id jump of a bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                  Good, it's over.

I'm surprised more people aren't posting about this.
                  To be honest this is the first real mention I have heard about it ...

I guess I will have to up my game....I'm glad you posted it SS

By the looks of it I like the result...
                  :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                    To be honest this is the first real mention I have heard about it ...

I guess I will have to up my game....I'm glad you posted it SS

By the looks of it I like the result...
                    I was shocked as well, I just happened to stumble on it myself.

sigpic

Comment

Since this is likely one of the only times we will ever be discussing Edgar Kaiser for any reason, how about this quote of his, after The Trade with Baltimore:

"The worst thing that can happen is maybe he won't turn out to be better than Joe Namath"

Heh...
                      sigpic

TZ

Comment

Working...
                      X