SI.com + some notes on Cutler vs. Griese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
    What I liked about the throw was that it really wasn't that risky, Jay put it up so high so that BMarsh was going to be the one to catch it, if it was going to be caught. More often than not he put it just a tad too high in those situations and it goes sailing out the back of the endzone (we've seen this a few times already this year), but that time he put it right on the money.

And I honestly don't mind the first INT he got, you have to admit the defender did make a good play on it himself. Most of the time Cutler's ball is thrown so hard that defenders can't react in time, but occasionally they do. The inexcusable move to me was the second INT. As he's bootlegging his left there is a WIDE OPEN Tony Scheffler (I think?) going across the middle but for whatever reason Jay throws it to Marshall who is basically triple covered. Not to mention he has to throw across the field and so it's that much more likely the ball is underthrown. This is where I really want Jay to improve, I love how he takes shots down the field, but it drives me nuts when he does so when there's an underneath receiver who is WIDE OPEN. I've seen this numerous times already over the past couple years and he still does it. It's pretty much my only complaint of Jay so I guess it's good that there is so little to complain about.
    If you watch that play really close Marshall was open and had a step on his man and Cutler underthrew the ball. You can see Marshall trying to come back to the ball. I think he saw both Scheff and Marshall deep, decided marshall but didn't put enough on it.

sigpic
    \

Comment

I think he needs to be more careful and at least stop throwing across the body when on the run. It seemed like KC was baiting him, dropping their LBs deep and waiting for the pick.

Comment

Great throw/bad decision?

It was a great throw but he has shown a tendency to force it lately and he paid the price against the Chiefs.
        [/IMG]Morpheus*SFH^E*

Comment

But he still has great accuracy.
          [/IMG]Morpheus*SFH^E*

Comment

A lot of quarterbacks are good at putting the ball into a certain spot, but Cutler's accuracy is something else. That short zip to Stokely in the flat where he throws it low? There's like an inch of space that separates that from being an incomplete pass. But Cutler runs that play all the time, and it always works. Dude throws darts.
            sigpic

TZ

Comment

Working...
            X