Eddie Royal Rookie of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Royal Rookie of the year?

Eddie Royal rookie of the year? I think he has a chance to become a nominee for rookie of the year, he is doing way better than I thought he would, but I was proven wrong so.....

!!!EDDIE ROYAL NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

yes.. he's looking good right now.. but lets remember that Dwayne Bowe was looking like the ROY last season this early in the season as well.

Comment

I am updating a post I wrote before about this topic....it's long, but I all I had to do was update it.

Eddie has a chance for sure. He has 27 catches for 298 yards and 2 TDs. I love Royal and if he breaks a few on returns, his stock will stay up.

Then there's another Bronco, Ryan Clady. He will continue to get better. And if Jay only gets pressures/sacked occasionally, as he has, Clady will be receiving some good points. Trouble is, olineman aren't as glamourous as the O stars. On that note, Jake Long may also start to stand out if Miami plays good ball on a more regular basis.

I really like Matt Forte so far. He is carrying the load for Chicago (92 carries / 347 yds / 1 TD). It's too bad that Chris Williams (rookie Tackle) went down before the season started, because if he's anything like Clady, Matt would even be more successful.

McFadden will definitely put up some numbers (currently 51 carries / 272 yds / 1 TD), and if used properly will be in the hunt for this award. There's no secret as to why he was such a success in college.

I also see some brilliance in Felix Jones (8.2 ypc / 2 TDs), and he will be a high impact player for the multi talented Cowboys, even if he doesn't start.

I also like Stewart's play so far in Carolina (4 TDs / 4.4 ypc), and if he becomes the main man, would also have a good chance.

And then there's Chris Johnson, for the highly ranked Titans. 337 yards rushing, 2 TDs and 5.0 ypc, and all that speed!! This team may carry him all the way.

DeSean Jackson is also impressive (22 catches / 327 yards / 14.9 ypc), but he will be remembered for his bonehead move for a couple more weeks. But the guy will break a few and if the Eagles stay strong (they will) he'll get a shot at this thing.

Watch for Matt Ryan to get his share of votes, if he continues to lead the Falcons to mediocrity. Rookie QBs don't usually fare well (it's usually farewell!) but so far he's not bad at all!

Even Joe Flacco has a chance, if the Ravens D provides win opportunites.

Finally, if Favre gets lost, he'll make Keller look like an all pro at TE. But he's a long, long shot.

On D
      Don't forget Chris Long, even though the lowly Rams will be hard pressed to win any games this year. Long has 16 tackles and 2 sacks, and will not quit.

And watch the numbers on 2 great linebackers - Mayo and Rivers. Mayo has 25 tackles (in 3 games), and is just what NE was looking for, while Rivers has 28 tackles, but playing for a weaker team....so far.

Last....lots of solid dbacks, but non of them has big numbers yet (Jenkins, Talib, Cromartie-D).....

So yes Eddie and Ryan are in the hunt!!

Comment

whoa thats alot to read

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBroncosBoy6151924 View Post
          whoa thats alot to read
          It's all your fault for getting me started......but seeing that I had written it before I figured it wouldn't hurt to update it. I find this year's crop to be a very interesting group indeed. Of course I'm pulling for our guys. Maybe Eddie and Ryan could be co-winners!!!!:thumb:

Comment

hell ya! broncos have some young players im looking forward to watching Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Eddie royal over the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBroncosBoy6151924 View Post
              hell ya! broncos have some young players im looking forward to watching Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Eddie royal over the next couple of years.
              There are a bunch more young guns to be excited about, including Clady, Harris, Thomas, Torain, Young, Hall, Williams, Hillis, Prater, Larsen and more, not to mention continued hope for Moss and Crowder as well.

Comment

thats alot of young players for the broncos....but being a veteran like champ and boss is good to....so they can be a leader fo their team. Mike Shanahan has his hands full with a lot of potential pro bowlers

Comment

Royal has a strong chance, so does steve slaton, and jonathon stewart.

Comment

Royal is good but Matt Forte is gonna win it

Comment

If E Royal were our number 1 option, he could probably run away with it. Either way, anything with him in the discussion is good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geandily View Post
                        Royal is good but Matt Forte is gonna win it
                        Yeah I would say at he moment Forte would be favourite... but there are a lot of games left yet.

Comment

He could win it.... But I really think that Forte is going to take it.... It is just so much harder for a Wr to have the statistical impact that a RB has. When was the last time that a WR won anything? A RB does good it is all the RB (See AP...) Had great stats...now he is the second coming...Yet people forget that he is running behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league.... Yet is a WR does good... The QB gets all the glory (Moss)... The only way it seems that you even hear about a WR is when they are a circus act (Ocho-stinko), a cry baby (TO), or are getting in trouble with the law (Marshall, but hopefully that is over). IMO WR deserve to get a lot more respect for what they do on field. This comming from a former Safety...What is the world comming to
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

The only problem with Clady is that he plays a position that is not "glamorous" and thus will get overlooked by te casual fan.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

royal roy

i would love to see him get it but you have to look at the rest of the league. deshaun jackson for the eagles. also matt ryan for the falcons.

Comment

Working...
                              X