Prater and the broncos going for the record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prater and the broncos going for the record

yes another Prater thread. what can i say. he's only a kicker but he's the special teams MVP so far.

anyway i thought one of hamburger bills latest blogs was interesting.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...FG-record.html

it says that
    Denver Will give Prater his chance to the record as soon as the opportunity comes.

and when it comes
    i think he will make it. i wouldnt be suprised if they even give prater 2 chances this year.
    Hell yeah he will.
    87.10%
    Prater is good but come on. he aint that good.
    12.90%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    yes another Prater thread. what can i say. he's only a kicker but he's the special teams MVP so far.

it says that
    Denver Will give Prater his chance to the record as soon as the opportunity comes.

and when it comes
    i think he will make it. i wouldnt be suprised if they even give prater 2 chances this year.
    Heck, just keep trying until he misses consistantly. I'd be great to only have to get to midfield to score. Defend that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
      Heck, just keep trying until he misses consistantly. I'd be great to only have to get to midfield to score. Defend that.
      yea how great would it be to be in overtime and know we don't have to go real far just to midfield to win
      sigpic

Comment

I voted no, but not because I don't think he can. He's got a heck of a leg. I just don't see us being in that situation often enough and at the right time of the game (end of half) to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post

it says that

and when it comes
          Only a kicker?...nah....keep up the posts. The kickers dont get a lot of respect most of the time, yet they score as many if not more points than the QB or an individual back does in most cases in a season. One more piece of the Broncos puzzle is back in place.....future hall of fame kicker, future hall of fame Qb, future hall of fame cb, future hall of fame receiver, who else is a legitimate HOF candidate if their careers arent shortened by injuries?? Its lookin like its gonna be fun to be a Broncos fan for many more years to come

Comment

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
            I voted no, but not because I don't think he can. He's got a heck of a leg. I just don't see us being in that situation often enough and at the right time of the game (end of half) to try it.
            Think about it....35 seconds left till the 1/2....we get the ball on the 35....yeah...I definitely see Shannahan pushing to get us in range for that record kick...it WILL happen

Comment

Well, I figure when we play the Raiders again and are up by 40 or more... we can just kinda run down the field whenever and then take a knee back around the 47 yard line to set up the 64 yarder.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                Well, I figure when we play the Raiders again and are up by 40 or more... we can just kinda run down the field whenever and then take a knee back around the 47 yard line to set up the 64 yarder.
                Then after the game have some sort of shout out to Kiffen?? LMAO!!!
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
                  Only a kicker?...nah....keep up the posts. The kickers dont get a lot of respect most of the time, yet they score as many if not more points than the QB or an individual back does in most cases in a season. One more piece of the Broncos puzzle is back in place.....future hall of fame kicker, future hall of fame Qb, future hall of fame cb, future hall of fame receiver, who else is a legitimate HOF candidate if their careers arent shortened by injuries?? Its lookin like its gonna be fun to be a Broncos fan for many more years to come
                  Your right kickers are important and they should get more respect because often a win is decided by if the kicker makes the field goal or not

Comment

thats a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
                      Think about it....35 seconds left till the 1/2....we get the ball on the 35....yeah...I definitely see Shannahan pushing to get us in range for that record kick...it WILL happen
                      Haha, oh, i know HOW it would happen. But the odds of that exact circumstance playing out are about nil. Unless, of course, we do this:

...which I am all for.

Comment

That would be the icing on the cake. The Broncos finally hold the record solely and with practically a rookie kicker. Make us all forget about Elam, although you gotta love the guy.

He has the leg... obviously. I think he'll do it.... first try.

GET SOME BRONCOS!
                        sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

Haha, oh, i know HOW it would happen. But the odds of that exact circumstance playing out are about nil. Unless, of course, we do this: Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
                          Well, I figure when we play the Raiders again and are up by 40 or more... we can just kinda run down the field whenever and then take a knee back around the 47 yard line to set up the 64 yarder

...which I am all for.
                          if that happens we should totally try a 77 yrder and point and al davis and laugh.

I love Kiffin for doing that, i actually feel bad for the guy.

He was probably just like "this place sucks... Hey you rapist over thar... you were a first round pick Al Davis prolly thinks you got it in you go for it..."

NOTE: Janokowski a couple years back was accused of rape by some girl. I don't know if this is completely true, but... he kinda looks like one lol. If it isnt true i apologize.
                          sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
                            if that happens we should totally try a 77 yrder and point and al davis and laugh.
                            Knowing him, Prater would actually make it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                              Knowing him, Prater would actually make it.
                              all he needs is a touch of wind. or maybe he doesn't even need wind. who knows.

but i bet he could nail a 70 yarder easy.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X