X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnElwayAce07 View Post
    We are NOT going to draft a RB. That's not how we roll. Look how badly Clinton Portis turned out. All of our 1000yd RBs have been undrafted FAs (well at least most of them), and the others were drafted very late.

Shanny could make himself into an elite RB with his zone blocking system.
    Well this has been argued forever, but I will say that Portis was the last true gamebreaker they had at RB. So, it may be wise to go out and draft a stud back to get that gamebreaking ability back. Cutler would be deadly if he had a playmaker in the backfield with him. IMHO

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    I don't think Pittman is a bad back by no means. But i would rather keep him healthy so that we have a back for goal line situations. Because if he gets hurt from being the starting RB like alot of posters on here think should be the case, Then what do we do in goal line situations?

IMO i think the problem is that Selvin and Hall just haven't had the amount of carries they should have at this point, which in a way could contribute to the fact that thier is no rythym for them when they do come in. But i do like these backs and really hope they keep doing what they have been doing thus far, but just give Selvin and Hall more carries. And keep Pittman healthy for the Goal Line or in a game where we face a tough D like we did with Tampa.

Leave a comment:

• JohnElwayAce07
    replied
    We are NOT going to draft a RB. That's not how we roll. Look how badly Clinton Portis turned out. All of our 1000yd RBs have been undrafted FAs (well at least most of them), and the others were drafted very late.

Shanny could make himself into an elite RB with his zone blocking system.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by lottaphil View Post
    Although I would love Knowshon Moreno in a broncos uniform next year! Him and Torain in a 2 back system could be unstoppable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI-PT_waY8k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwRE...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Zdkm-RAYo
    IMO, we are already stacked for running backs. I think what we need is more OOMPH in the D-Line and perhaps a more solid MLB. Maybe see if we can get an elite safety.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliminatrix View Post
    What is the status on Ryan Torain? anyone know?

We are desperately missing a solid running game and I think Torain could help provide that.

What do you guys think?.....
    You're making an assumption that we don't have a running game. Perhaps you think that Shanny and Jeremy Bates throw most of the time because we can't run the ball? Last I looked we are averaging over 5 yards per carry.

So, if we are throwing the ball in spite of the fact that we CAN run it, then there is nothing to change, no?

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Well, Selvin Young has an average of 5.7 yards per carry. Now, is he getting enough carries? We are sticking with the 3 RBs rotation so, the stats are being sacrificed for results.

Leave a comment:

• lottaphil
    replied
    Although I would love Knowshon Moreno in a broncos uniform next year! Him and Torain in a 2 back system could be unstoppable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI-PT_waY8k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwRE...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Zdkm-RAYo

Leave a comment:

• lottaphil
    replied
    I think despite our offensive line being great at protecting the pass they haven't done a very good job at opening holes in the running game. I think Selvin Young goes down far too easily but a lot of times he just doesn't have anywhere to go. Pittman's done a really good job at making a lot out of a little, he runs with purpose and falls forward at least. I think our Oline has not been that great creating holes and Selvin and Hall aren't talented enough to improvise.
    I like Hall over Young but Pittman in short yardage situations. Here's to hoping Torain is the back we've been waiting for

Leave a comment:

• timp
    replied
    Even with all of the changes in how the game is played, the running game still pulls in the safeties to open up the passing game. I don't think that aspect will ever change. Very soon Pittman is going to break a game wide open and rush for over 200 yards, I just feel it. I don't see Young being much more then a utility back, but which ever way the wind decides to blow One of these guys is about to explode and leave the rest in the dust. It's up to them.

Leave a comment:

• Monz
    replied
    I don't think we are going to see our typical Denver style running game used as often or as effectively as it has in the past . Think about it, those offensive lines were pretty much the same from 2000 until 2006. Lepsis, Hamilton, Nalen, Carlisle, Foster...with a few switches on the right side. This year our line has only given up 1 true sack (the other one being the Hochuli call in the SD game). In other words, our O Line has been AWESOME in pass protection. The new guys (Clady, Harris, Kuper, Wiegmann) still need to work on mastering the blocking schemes that we use. If the line is better suited for pass protection at this point, why not play to their strengths? I mean, we do have some great weapons in the passing game, and we are 4-1, so why not?

The O-Line is learning as they go, so I would look for some improvements by the end of the season in the running game, and us getting back to pounding the ball in 2009 with Torain and Pittman (byebye Selvin)

Leave a comment:

• timp
    replied
    Running Game

I'm only concerned about the running game because like many other people I am used to Denver having that one great rb. Right now the rushing game is by committee, which might not be a bad idea with Miami's "Wild Cat" running game. They used it loud and proud against the Chargers and it was very effective. I absolutely love Pittman and Young, so Hall had better get some fire in his belly or update his resume. When is the trading deadline?

Leave a comment:

• CutlerEra06
    replied
    if hall gets hurt, god forbid, and selvin gets most of the carries, every single one of you will be singing a different tune.

and seriously, i have all the faith in torain i can have, but you people talk likes hes the greatest back to ever play, yet he has not touched nfl grass yet. Im being real, if i did not know who he was, by the way your all talking I would think hes the most dominant runningback of all time. He'll be great I think, but your giving him more HYPE than mcfadden had in the draft. Is it because of what shanny said abotu him?...lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    If we had a legit running back he would emerge himself from the stable of backs. That has not happened. The simple fact that Andre Hall even gets carries shows me that neither guys are capable of taking on the entire workload.

Selvin is a jive turkey hole dancer that conveniently slips at all of the wrong times...

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    You earn opporunities in practice. If he was lights out in practice, he would be the feature back. It has always been that way under Shanahan. If he was as good as you think he is, he would be getting 20 carries a game.
    its that way under any coach thats worth his chalk....think about it why would you try ANY player at ANY position unless they showed you in some way that they could handle it?....Obviously Selvin either isnt all we wish he was...or they have concerns about his durability and they want to keep him healthy...I'm still waiting to see Torain....Shannahan saying he was one of the most talented backs he had ever worked with sounds impressive considering some of our past talents

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
    He could be a feature back, but is not being given the opportunity.
    You earn opporunities in practice. If he was lights out in practice, he would be the feature back. It has always been that way under Shanahan. If he was as good as you think he is, he would be getting 20 carries a game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X