Status of Eddie Royal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of Eddie Royal?

Shanny kicked a gift horse in the mouth by making a receiver a punt returner. How is he? I didn't hear anything in the press conference.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
    Shanny kicked a gift horse in the mouth by making a receiver a punt returner. How is he? I didn't hear anything in the press conference.
    Actually, he was drafted as a punt returner, and the receiving part was a bonus. So technically you could say that Shanny made a returner into a receiver, not the other way around.

Stuff happens, get over it. It wasn't a really bad injury . . . ankle sprain? he'll be out a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
      Actually, he was drafted as a punt returner, and the receiving part was a bonus. So technically you could say that Shanny made a returner into a receiver, not the other way around.

Stuff happens, get over it. It wasn't a really bad injury . . . ankle sprain? he'll be out a week or two.
      yes it might be a week or two.. but if i could have him for any week or two left in the season it might be vs the next two opponents

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
        yes it might be a week or two.. but if i could have him for any week or two left in the season it might be vs the next two opponents
        I agree, i would like him against Jville and NE, but 1 guy does not a team make . . . unless it's Jay. We'll be fine. Stokley will see more snaps, and Martinez can contribute (that is, if he stops getting tackled by his own team mates )

Comment

Shanny also put Champ Bailey on offense for a play, then Champ nearly broke his neck for a first down and Shanny realized he should be more carefull with his talent.

Eddie was drafted as a punt returner, but after showing his hands (especially his role in the td and 2 point conversion in the Chargers game) I thought Shanny would think this kid has too much talent to be catching punts.
          sigpic

Comment

Not to mention Royal wanted to continue returning kicks. I guess he has no say in the matter though.

MJD returns kicks, Hester is now a WR and still returns kicks, Reggie Bush.

This is the NFL man. With the roster changes teams have to do this kind of thing.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post

Shanny also put Champ Bailey on offense for a play, then Champ nearly broke his neck for a first down and Shanny realized he should be more carefull with his talent.

Eddie was drafted as a punt returner, but after showing his hands (especially his role in the td and 2 point conversion in the Chargers game) I thought Shanny would think this kid has too much talent to be catching punts.
              Umm...did you guys miss the atrocious special teams the Broncos have had for the past few years? Last year I believe the team was last in starting field position. Really, Royal should be doing KR too. It's not like the hit he took was any different than ones he takes at WR. Injuries happen. Special teams isn't a throw away job, ask Devin Hester.

Comment

I totally agree! Eddie came to us with a multi faceted game, not just as a receiver. In fact I'd love to put him in on a few "important" kickoffs, if that comes to pass. For example, if we need a TD and the clock is running down. He's instant field position.

There are a number of really good players who handle at least 2 functions. Some guys even play special teams. Why not? Are we here to protect ourselves from injury, or are we here to win games? Sure the chances for injury rise a bit, if you are on the field a lot, but you get what you pay for.

I used this one already...but the Pats weren't afraid to keep their top guns in the game last year, even when the games were out of hand. They were making a statement. Sure they could have lost players to injury, but they factored everything in. And to be fair (even though the SB had a sweet ending indeed:thumb, were it not for one "almost miraculous drive" they could easily have become known as (for one specific year) the greatest team in history.

Comment

so regarding the topic:

how hurt, how long?
                  sigpic

Comment

so regarding the topic:

how hurt, how long?
                    I bet he is in the game against J'Ville. Young guy and self proclaimed fast healer and low ankle sprain = short time out. He will be fine.

Comment

who would you suggest?? thing is royal has an explosive talent on the return game...that's what we brought him in for the fact that he also is talented as a WR is a bonus but who else do we have that could bust of big yards for PR's?
                      sigpic

Comment

I know its the NFL and guys get hurt, but eddie is kind of a petite guy. Hester his very solid and not very small, he can absorb some big hits. Eddie can take big hits too, but his build is just not meant to be durable. Sure it would be nice to have royal return kicks, but its not smart. Lets selvin do it, its not like hes being used for anything else

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
                          I know its the NFL and guys get hurt, but eddie is kind of a petite guy. Hester his very solid and not very small, he can absorb some big hits. Eddie can take big hits too, but his build is just not meant to be durable. Sure it would be nice to have royal return kicks, but its not smart. Lets selvin do it, its not like hes being used for anything else
                          Eddie Royal - 5'10" 182 lbs
                          Devin Hester - 5'11" 190 lbs

I wouldn't say Royal is 'petite' and Hester is 'not very small' when only an inch and 8 lbs separates them...
                          My other love...
                          sigpic
                          305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
                            Eddie Royal - 5'10" 182 lbs
                            Devin Hester - 5'11" 190 lbs

I wouldn't say Royal is 'petite' and Hester is 'not very small' when only an inch and 8 lbs separates them...

hester is very solid looking, Eddie is not so much...

sure they are only 8 pounds different, but who would you rather be hit by?

Eddie just does not have the build to take punishment.

Comment

Hope Eddie gets better. And Scheff.

I hope the extra snaps does't hurt Stokes either... I'll be looking forward to seeing him catch some more passes!

Comment

Working...
                              X