Status of Eddie Royal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    I agree, i would like him against Jville and NE, but 1 guy does not a team make . . . unless it's Jay. We'll be fine. Stokley will see more snaps, and Martinez can contribute (that is, if he stops getting tackled by his own team mates )
    As long as our offensive line gives Jay some time, the passing game should be OK. When Ben had time, Pitt was killing their corners on the come backs. One thing is for sure, J Ville is going to bring people early and often.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
      Eddie Royal - 5'10" 182 lbs
      Devin Hester - 5'11" 190 lbs

I wouldn't say Royal is 'petite' and Hester is 'not very small' when only an inch and 8 lbs separates them...
      I have noticed this year that our punt returns have looked consistently better with Royal fielding them. Thats why he was drafted and regardless of size or how nicely he fills in other possible gaps in our offense or even if he did nicely at corner or safety...lol. He was drafted as a returner and we got our moneys worth. He has a low ankle sprain and sure I hate that he could possibly miss some playing time (if that happens), but for my money I'd like to see him on kickoff returns as well, he has a presence in the return game that inspires confidence that we "could" take it all the way on any given kick.

Comment

Originally posted by SethGrandpa View Post
        Umm...did you guys miss the atrocious special teams the Broncos have had for the past few years? Last year I believe the team was last in starting field position. Really, Royal should be doing KR too. It's not like the hit he took was any different than ones he takes at WR. Injuries happen. Special teams isn't a throw away job, ask Devin Hester.
        Great post. I'll just add that there's coaching smart and there's coaching scared. While I think it's smart that Shanny minimizes contact in practice, it would be coaching scared to take Royal off of punt returns for fear of injury.

And I agree that we could use Royal on kickoff returns as well. So, I guess Shanny is only coaching HALF-scared.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

If Shanny takes Royal off of PR because of this I will be so mad, because that is really dumb.

Royal can take it to the house on PRs.

Comment

Eddie needs to keep doin PR. Martinez is about as shaky as they come, he is soft, slow and he holds the ball out and he is just a fumble waiting to happen
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I totally agree! Eddie came to us with a multi faceted game, not just as a receiver. In fact I'd love to put him in on a few "important" kickoffs, if that comes to pass. For example, if we need a TD and the clock is running down. He's instant field position.

There are a number of really good players who handle at least 2 functions. Some guys even play special teams. Why not? Are we here to protect ourselves from injury, or are we here to win games? Sure the chances for injury rise a bit, if you are on the field a lot, but you get what you pay for.

I used this one already...but the Pats weren't afraid to keep their top guns in the game last year, even when the games were out of hand. They were making a statement. Sure they could have lost players to injury, but they factored everything in. And to be fair (even though the SB had a sweet ending indeed:thumb, were it not for one "almost miraculous drive" they could easily have become known as (for one specific year) the greatest team in history.
              i also agree, let him do what he does best

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I totally agree! Eddie came to us with a multi faceted game, not just as a receiver. In fact I'd love to put him in on a few "important" kickoffs, if that comes to pass. For example, if we need a TD and the clock is running down. He's instant field position.

There are a number of really good players who handle at least 2 functions. Some guys even play special teams. Why not? Are we here to protect ourselves from injury, or are we here to win games? Sure the chances for injury rise a bit, if you are on the field a lot, but you get what you pay for.

I used this one already...but the Pats weren't afraid to keep their top guns in the game last year, even when the games were out of hand. They were making a statement. Sure they could have lost players to injury, but they factored everything in. And to be fair (even though the SB had a sweet ending indeed:thumb, were it not for one "almost miraculous drive" they could easily have become known as (for one specific year) the greatest team in history.
                In case anyone has doubts about using Eddie as a receiver and a returner, check out what Bush is doing in New Orleans tonight.

Comment

I know the post and roto world "speculated" eddie would not practice this week.

does anyone know the latest?

Im sure shanny will touch on it during his Wednesday press conference.

Comment

Working...
                  X