INDY or MIAMI? who will we keep out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDY or MIAMI? who will we keep out?

We all know the situation with Miami. But i think we've got a good chance to instead get in ahead of the Colts. Indy lost today, so we are only 2 games behind them. if Indy loses to the Titans next week (they will), then we need to win out, thus beating the Colts (both 11-5 then) and getting the head-to-head tiebraker
    Denver gets in over Indy (TEN beats IND, DEN beats IND; both 11-5 w/ DENVER tiebraker
    24.32%
    Baltimore doesn't get division but beats out Denver after Miami fades
    2.70%
    Miami drops a few, Denver gets in over Miami
    56.76%
    Miami stays strong, Indy beats Denver, MIA and IND get wildcard
    16.22%
    Last edited by chickennob2; 11-30-2003, 01:44 PM.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

denver is not goin to the playoffs.......end of story

Comment

now let grease ball in and I almost guarntee we can get in...
      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Re: INDY or MIAMI? who will we keep out?

Originally posted by chickennob2
        We all know the situation with Miami. But i think we've got a good chance to instead get in ahead of the Colts. Indy lost today, so we are only 2 games behind them. if Indy loses to the Titans next week (they will), then we need to win out, thus beating the Colts (both 11-5 then) and getting the head-to-head tiebraker
        Not a bad scenario. Shanny has had a hard time beating teams coached by Tony Dungy. He wasn't able to beat him when he coached the Bucs and he lost last year to Indy in Denver.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but with Manning at QB, it will be very hard.
        sigpic

Comment

We saw today that Peyton isn't invincible. It's going to take a much better defensive effort, but a win over Indy is very possible.

Note to self: Must focus on task at hand. Chiefs are next.
          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
            denver is not goin to the playoffs.......end of story

Wow... you're lack of faith makes me very sad! Are you sure you are a broncos fan?

GO BRONCOS!!! POOP ON KC!!!
            Do or do not.... there is NO try

Comment

I don't think we will keep Indy out. We need to win first.

Baltimore needs to edge out Cinci and take the division, we have the tie breaker over the Bengals, and we need Miami to drop a game or two. If we don't win it is all moot.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

My thoughts

I think that IND has shown in the past that they are not unlike MIA, in that they fade in the late season. IND started today, and MIA the next few weeks.
                I think we need to worry about the previous laughers, the AFC North! CIN is really looking good now and I think they will make laughing stock out of BAL next week.
                Captain Kirk

Comment

Indy is confusing me more than the
                  broncos are rtight now, at least the Broncos have some crucial injuries hampering the team,Indy just seems to fall short at important moments yet are completely ca[bale of ripping teams apart.

I actually thought they would make a good playoff run this season, at least to the AFC Championship, but they have really found all sorts of new ways to trip themselves up this season.

Broncos get in over miami, the FIns just do not have the kind of consistancy to finish strong enough to take the spot. They do have Brian Griese, nuff sed.
                  Do you know where a fella can get a rub and a tug round here?

Comment

Don't forget Dallas Clarke, that guy is awesome, broke his fibula and is out rest of the regular season for the colts. That will hurt because Payton was throwing to him on crucial downs according to my friend who is a colt fan.
                    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Sorry, but Indy won't fall. They have Titans, Falcons, Texans, and us. They will probably go 2-2, which means they go 11-5 and still in the playoffs.
                      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I dont really care how we get in or who has to lose as long as in the end the Broncos are in the playoffs.

Comment

Maimi is the best shot at not making it.
                          They've got a couple of nasty games coming up in NE and Philly. Plus they have two QB's, neither of whom has shown any consistency this year. Ricky looked good early in the season, but in typical Miami fashion he and the rest of the finns will fold up like cheap suites.

Thanks to Baltimore's recently found offense (WOW) they should win the north leaving the second wild card spot their for Denver to grab.
                          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sorry guys but the Broncos wont make the playoffs. They need to many things to happen before they are in. When you need the stars to lineup and the tealeaves to fall right you normally don’t make the playoffs. This is not because I am a Chiefs fan but because I have watched the Broncos play this year and they don’t have the team to win the next 4 games two of which are on the road against teams also fighting for the playoffs.

- Denver must beat Indy and GB on the road with both of those teams fighting for playoff births and KC who is going for home field advantage as well as AFC West title this week, KC cant afford to stumble with NE and Tennessee waiting in the wings. I will give you the benefit of the doubt because they are playing at home two of the last four games. Denver ends up 9-7, and misses the playoffs for the 4th time since Elway retired.
                            - They need Baltimore to fall on their face against Cleveland, Oakland, and Pittsburgh this is if they lose to Cincy at home giving them 10-6. If they lose they will go 9-7 and have a step up on Denver for any wild card spot.
                            - Or, Cincy to fall on their face, they will probably lose to St. Louis and Baltimore on the road giving them 9-7. If they beat Baltimore then they will end up10-6.
                            - I do expect Miami to lose against NE and Phily but not to Buffalo or the Jets even though they are rivalry games. 10-6 (worse case they loose to Buffalo and go 9-7)

Like someone else mentioned you need a lot of help and I believe Shanahans nine lives have ran out. Never should have given him that big of an extension. 9 years in one place is too long for one coach to be in charge. (I am talking pro coaching not college and current era not the 60’s)

I predict (this is with Baltimore winning this weekend, if they don’t put Cincy as the North Champs and possibly Baltimore for the last WC spot.)
                            AFC East- New England
                            AFC North- Baltimore
                            AFC South- Tennessee
                            AFC West- KC
                            Wild Card- Indianapolis
                            Wild Card- Miami
                            Never take life seriously.
                            Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                              I dont really care how we get in or who has to lose as long as in the end the Broncos are in the playoffs.
                              AMEN!

GO BRONCOS!!
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X