Torain update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torain update.

Rookie running back Ryan Torain, out since training camp with a dislocated elbow, will see a doctor today.

"Hopefully, he will clear me to get going," Torain said. "I'm ready to start playing."

If he's allowed to shed his cumbersome elbow brace, Torain likely would begin strengthening his arm this week and practicing next week, when the Broncos prepare to play at New England. Shanahan said he doesn't expect Torain to be ready for game action until the bye week, meaning he likely won't play until Nov. 2 against Miami.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10654735

I know a lot of people have been asking about Torain and when he'll be back. Hopefully he's ready to help us against Miami.

That's great news to hear as I will be attending that game. Hope he has a monster first game and helps us get the W. Nothing will be better than seeing the Broncos win at my first game in many years

Comment

With Denver running so much shotgun, I'm not real sure how Torain fits into the offense.

I do not want Denver to use less shotgun because of Torain, because Cutler is so much better in shotgun and his stats prove it.

Can Torain really be effective out of the shotgun? He's not as quick as Young or Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        With Denver running so much shotgun, I'm not real sure how Torain fits into the offense.

I do not want Denver to use less shotgun because of Torain, because Cutler is so much better in shotgun and his stats prove it.

Can Torain really be effective out of the shotgun? He's not as quick as Young or Hall.
        When in doubt, watch the highlight vid I made.

Check out his shotgun run at 1:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_bdlrXQczU

Comment

Man, i wish Torain didnt get injured. By the high praise Shanahan said about Torain in training camp, i am excited to see him play. Best of luck to Torain, and a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post

so thats what shanny saw in him. this guy is gonna be an animal!!! he showed pretty good vision to so he should be great in our zone blocking system
            Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
            vs.
            Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
            Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
            First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post

Nothing about that video impresses me in the slightest. Hopefully it is just a poor selection of highlights but if those are the best college highlights he has hopefully something transformed him during training camp prior to injury into a good NFL back. Only time will tell I guess. I will hold out my personal opinion until he actually gets a carry in the NFL. Hopefully he turns out to be a beast but he will have to be better than what those highlights show for that to happen.
              Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

I think Torain can be effective in the shotgun.

Then again I am being optimistic.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                  Nothing about that video impresses me in the slightest. Hopefully it is just a poor selection of highlights but if those are the best college highlights he has hopefully something transformed him during training camp prior to injury into a good NFL back. Only time will tell I guess. I will hold out my personal opinion until he actually gets a carry in the NFL. Hopefully he turns out to be a beast but he will have to be better than what those highlights show for that to happen.
                  I wasn't going to say anything because I am not a negativity guy but now that Norton piped up I have to agree. Not that they were bad runs but I was expecting phenomenal runs.

I started counting broken tackles and didn't get to five. There was only one play I would have considered great where he broke through the line and ran thru a guy and down to the one, but most of the others he went down at first contact. Again not to be negative nancy, it just I was expecting to see extraordinary individual performance. I saw some huge holes generated by the o-line. But no real elusiveness and/or tackle breaking ability. Watch it again before tearing me up. Again I am not saying Torain sucks or anything I just wasn't overly impressed with the examples shown.

Maybe I am just getting Jaded.

sigpic
                  \

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                    Nah it's all good, they are the only runs I could find.

There are only maybe 2 runs in that video that are anything special, if that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                      I think Torain can be effective in the shotgun.

Then again I am being optimistic.
                      It was just a legit question.

Shanahan said he reminded him of TD.

TD was a downhill runner, and wouldn't have been great out of the shotgun.

Comment

It was just a legit question.

Shanahan said he reminded him of TD.

TD was a downhill runner, and wouldn't have been great out of the shotgun.
                        thats about all that can be said for torian he hit the hole fast and got through but went down on contact.. so as far as downhill he looks good i just hope our oline can give him the room he was getting in the video.. if they can i think he will work out. but as far as a game breaker i dont see it from that video

Comment

I expect us to start running the ball more often as the season goes on which should give Torain a good amount of carries but as for him been in shotgun i have no worries its not all about speed all we could do with him is a little check down getting one on one with a corner and just let him lower his shoulder and run him over. Apart from the ageing Pittman, we have no powerback until he gets back so i expect him to beat out Hall and Pittman by week 10 and split carries with Young for the rest of the season.

Comment

Good info about Torain ....I was expecting after the bye....I hope it works out that way....I think it will be a few games after that before he will start to get any amount of legitimate carries 15+..

This mite work out in the Broncos favor when he starts to get his legs under him...The fact he will be fresh to help carry the running game into the postseason and give the Broncos an added dimension...hopefully....
                            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

This is good news. His recovery seems to be going very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X