Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Rankings week 5 FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So let me get this straight:

    Two 3-1 teams face off. At the end of the day, the 4-1 teams QB puts up 227 yards, 1 TD, no INTs, and a passer rating of 96.1. The 3-2 teams first QB puts up 88 yards, 0 TDs, 0 ints, a passer rating of 78.4. Their second QB puts up 93 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, and a passer rating of 83.7. And the losing team is ranked higher?

    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the winning team was in the TOP 3 of the ENTIRE NFL in offense, whereas the losing team is ranked 16th at best. And the losing team is ranked higher???

    I guess when the Broncos are 12-4 with a first week bye, the Bucs, Ravens, and Bills will still be ranked higher.

    Your power ranking algorithm is crap and should be reformulated to account for reality.


    Comment


    • #17
      Toast:

      or should I say Broncohyde??? with the same exact ending to anything you say with a quote of Cutler, and don't try to say coincidence. If and when (which I doubt) at the end of week 8 if I am getting no one "still" (which I doubt had 1 so far this week which surprised me that liked it) not liking the rankings I will give up my system and tell ya how I do it, which you will be surprised and ending up going to the page and confirm the information in astonishment probably thinking well hey these rankings aren't so bad.

      Comment


      • #18
        OH and of course your rankings are going to look better by week 8! By week 8 you can almost realistically know what teams are going to make a playoff run although things can still happen but still it will leave you with less teams to have to rank for the top 12 spots. your rankings will look better by week 8 just like they will look better by week 14 no surprise there. look I'm not trying to be mean and YES I AM A BRONCO FAN! (SHOCK!!!) but a least help us to reason with your ranks.

        and Broncohyde????
        Last edited by Toast1386; 10-07-2008, 12:54 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Toast:

          True, but these week 5 rankings won't look so bad in week 8 except for 1 or two teams. I will post them comparing watch and learn.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
            1. N.Y. Giants up 1
            2. Tennessee Titans down 1
            3. Carolina Panthers up 10
            4. Chicago Bears up 7
            5. Dallas Cowboys even
            6. Philadelphia Eagles down 2
            7. Arizona Cardinals up 10
            8. Pittsburgh Steelers up 1
            9. Baltimore Ravens down 2
            10. Buffalo down 7
            11. Tampa Bay Bucs down 3
            12. Denver Broncos down 2
            13. San Diego Chargers down 7
            14. Washington Redskins up 2
            15. Atlanta Falcons even
            16. New Orleans Saints down 4
            17. Miami Dolphins up 2
            18. Green Bay Packers down 4
            19. New England Patriots up 5
            20. N.Y. Jets down 2
            21. Minnesota Vikings up 2
            22. Jacksonville Jaguars even
            23. San Fransisco 49ers down 3
            24. Indianapolis Colts up 1
            25. Oakland Raiders up 1
            26. Cleveland Browns up 1
            27. Cincinnati Bengals up 2
            28. Seattle Sea hawks down 7
            29. Houston Texans up 1
            30. Kansas City Chiefs down 2
            31. Detroit Lions even
            32. St. Louis Rams even
            Terrible.


            Arizona at #7. That warrants a #7 ranking after beating a sorry SF, an average Miami, and a quarterbackless Bills team? Losses? They were annihilated by your #20 Jets, and worst of all, dominated by your #14 Washington.

            Washington #14. Possibly the worst ranking of any team, in any power ranking I've seen. Ever. Washington, after losing a well played game AT the defending SuperBowl Champs, and your #1 ranking Giants, have rung off 4 straight. Against who?

            Your #16 Saints.
            Your #7 Cardinals.
            Your #5 COwboys, in Dallas.
            Your #6 Eagles, in Philly.

            They have had the hardest schedule in the NFL up until this point, and they are 4-1.

            Absolutely brutal.

            Comment


            • #21
              under exxagerated

              Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
              True, but these week 5 rankings won't look so bad in week 8 except for 1 or two teams. I will post them comparing watch and learn.
              okay I did mean two but it is more realistically 4 with 2 teams probablly dropping down (one of em being Arizona probably we will see) and one of em being Washington moving up, trust me I knew I was going to get chit about both these teams. I also think next week broncos will more up and Tampa bay will fall but again any team can beat any other team any given week and Jacksonville could beat us especially with injuries, even though I have Denver winning again and Carolina beating Tampa which will rise Denver up and drop Tampa. But who knows maybe their will be upsets and Tampa beast Carolina and Jacksonville beats us.

              Comment


              • #22
                these rankings are pretty bad to be honest.

                Comment


                • #23
                  IDk why but i like to throw my power rankings in your thread... maybe because
                  I know they cant be any worse...?

                  1) Tennesee Titans - Still top dogs... they will win alot of games like that, and Collins > VY
                  2) New York Giants - Looked good without Burress.. but look who they played.
                  3) Washington Redskins - I cant wait for the NYG Wash rematch
                  4) Pittsburgh Steelers - HUGE against Jax... Cant believe what Ben did on the last drive
                  5) Dallas Cowboys - Struggle... RUN MORE. I dont see how Phillips doesnt get that.
                  6) Chicago Bears - They show excitement on the offensive side for the first time in years
                  7) Carolina Panthers - 34-0 is impressive, but KC isnt so... we settle here
                  8) Philidelphia Eagles - What happened to the "old" McNabb from earlier this year?
                  9) Denver Broncos - Would be higher if not have an L to Kansas City
                  10) Buffalo Bills - Loosing the game hurts less than loosing Edwards.
                  11) Baltimore Ravens - Can you get much harder of back to back weeks?
                  12) Tampa Bay Buccanears - Played Denver close, even with Garcia having to come in
                  13) Jacksonville Jaguars - Maybe if guys could catch Garrard woulda had a 3rd GW drive
                  14) San Diego Chargers - A loss to the Phins? They should be behing Zona
                  15) Arizona Cardinals - HUGE WIN, but no Boldin is a still a negative
                  16) New York Jets - Favre carries em to 16
                  17) Atlanta Falcons - Look good, look bad, look really good, look bad... Inconsistant
                  18) New England Patriots - They might have to win a bunch of games like that
                  19) Minnesota Vikings - Ferrotte is 2-1, give him some more time
                  20) New Orleans Saints - Lets loose some more close games shall we? New kicker?
                  21) Green Bay Packers - Rodgers is hurt, Grant cant run, and the D sucks..
                  22) Miami Dolphins - Two big wins... marked by Ronnie Brown for QB!
                  23) San Francisco 49ers - Play teams tough, but just not that good
                  24) Indianapolis Colts - ***? how can u go from so good to so bad?
                  25) Okland Raiders - Very sparatic... can look good, can look bad
                  26) Houston Texans - Back up QB took Indy to the wire
                  27) Cleveland Browns - Hey that one win keeps thema head of a some teams
                  28) Cincinatti Bengals - FINALLY SHOWED SOME GAME, but too late against Dal.
                  29) Seattle Seahawks - Even with receivers back, nothing happens
                  30) Detroit Lions - Um, I though McMillen WAS the problem
                  31) Kansas City Chiefs - 34-0? In the NFL? What?
                  32) St. Louis Rams - Have shown no signs of life
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                  ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Your Power Rankings

                    Tenn number one, didn't you give me crap when I ranked em that high two weeks ago??? hmmph maybe I'm wrong but I seem to recall.... but not bad just by looking at it, mine are obviously different but not a whole lot different if you really look at it with the exceptions of Washington and Arizona.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      two weeks back...

                      Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
                      Tenn number one, didn't you give me crap when I ranked em that high two weeks ago??? hmmph maybe I'm wrong but I seem to recall.... but not bad just by looking at it, mine are obviously different but not a whole lot different if you really look at it with the exceptions of Washington and Arizona.
                      and then the following week (last week) when I had Tennessee number 1 didn't get laughed at pretty much at all, I suspect in one week that next week these won't be laughed at much at all either (again with "MAYBE" the exception of Arizona and Washington) except I have Arizona winning it by 1-3 points if anquan is back. Against DALLAS...but only if anquan is back.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                        IDk why but i like to throw my power rankings in your thread... maybe because
                        I know they cant be any worse...?

                        1) Tennesee Titans - Still top dogs... they will win alot of games like that, and Collins > VY
                        2) New York Giants - Looked good without Burress.. but look who they played.
                        3) Washington Redskins - I cant wait for the NYG Wash rematch
                        4) Pittsburgh Steelers - HUGE against Jax... Cant believe what Ben did on the last drive
                        5) Dallas Cowboys - Struggle... RUN MORE. I dont see how Phillips doesnt get that.
                        6) Chicago Bears - They show excitement on the offensive side for the first time in years
                        7) Carolina Panthers - 34-0 is impressive, but KC isnt so... we settle here
                        8) Philidelphia Eagles - What happened to the "old" McNabb from earlier this year?
                        9) Denver Broncos - Would be higher if not have an L to Kansas City
                        10) Buffalo Bills - Loosing the game hurts less than loosing Edwards.
                        11) Baltimore Ravens - Can you get much harder of back to back weeks?
                        12) Tampa Bay Buccanears - Played Denver close, even with Garcia having to come in
                        13) Jacksonville Jaguars - Maybe if guys could catch Garrard woulda had a 3rd GW drive
                        14) San Diego Chargers - A loss to the Phins? They should be behing Zona
                        15) Arizona Cardinals - HUGE WIN, but no Boldin is a still a negative
                        16) New York Jets - Favre carries em to 16
                        17) Atlanta Falcons - Look good, look bad, look really good, look bad... Inconsistant
                        18) New England Patriots - They might have to win a bunch of games like that
                        19) Minnesota Vikings - Ferrotte is 2-1, give him some more time
                        20) New Orleans Saints - Lets loose some more close games shall we? New kicker?
                        21) Green Bay Packers - Rodgers is hurt, Grant cant run, and the D sucks..
                        22) Miami Dolphins - Two big wins... marked by Ronnie Brown for QB!
                        23) San Francisco 49ers - Play teams tough, but just not that good
                        24) Indianapolis Colts - ***? how can u go from so good to so bad?
                        25) Okland Raiders - Very sparatic... can look good, can look bad
                        26) Houston Texans - Back up QB took Indy to the wire
                        27) Cleveland Browns - Hey that one win keeps thema head of a some teams
                        28) Cincinatti Bengals - FINALLY SHOWED SOME GAME, but too late against Dal.
                        29) Seattle Seahawks - Even with receivers back, nothing happens
                        30) Detroit Lions - Um, I though McMillen WAS the problem
                        31) Kansas City Chiefs - 34-0? In the NFL? What?
                        32) St. Louis Rams - Have shown no signs of life

                        These look pretty good, Grid. I personally would switch Tenn and Giants. I think Manning is better than Collins, and that would be the tie-breaker for me. But other than that, I just think the Giants are a better team.

                        I would even move the Ravens up higher. They are NOT great on offense, but their defense is again looking like a solid ROCK. I'd actually put them one spot ahead of Denver right now.

                        NIce job on this one

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                          IDk why but i like to throw my power rankings in your thread... maybe because
                          I know they cant be any worse...?

                          1) Tennesee Titans - Still top dogs... they will win alot of games like that, and Collins > VY
                          2) New York Giants - Looked good without Burress.. but look who they played.
                          3) Washington Redskins - I cant wait for the NYG Wash rematch
                          4) Pittsburgh Steelers - HUGE against Jax... Cant believe what Ben did on the last drive
                          5) Dallas Cowboys - Struggle... RUN MORE. I dont see how Phillips doesnt get that.
                          6) Chicago Bears - They show excitement on the offensive side for the first time in years
                          7) Carolina Panthers - 34-0 is impressive, but KC isnt so... we settle here
                          8) Philidelphia Eagles - What happened to the "old" McNabb from earlier this year?
                          9) Denver Broncos - Would be higher if not have an L to Kansas City
                          10) Buffalo Bills - Loosing the game hurts less than loosing Edwards.
                          11) Baltimore Ravens - Can you get much harder of back to back weeks?
                          12) Tampa Bay Buccanears - Played Denver close, even with Garcia having to come in
                          13) Jacksonville Jaguars - Maybe if guys could catch Garrard woulda had a 3rd GW drive
                          14) San Diego Chargers - A loss to the Phins? They should be behing Zona
                          15) Arizona Cardinals - HUGE WIN, but no Boldin is a still a negative
                          16) New York Jets - Favre carries em to 16
                          17) Atlanta Falcons - Look good, look bad, look really good, look bad... Inconsistant
                          18) New England Patriots - They might have to win a bunch of games like that
                          19) Minnesota Vikings - Ferrotte is 2-1, give him some more time
                          20) New Orleans Saints - Lets loose some more close games shall we? New kicker?
                          21) Green Bay Packers - Rodgers is hurt, Grant cant run, and the D sucks..
                          22) Miami Dolphins - Two big wins... marked by Ronnie Brown for QB!
                          23) San Francisco 49ers - Play teams tough, but just not that good
                          24) Indianapolis Colts - ***? how can u go from so good to so bad?
                          25) Okland Raiders - Very sparatic... can look good, can look bad
                          26) Houston Texans - Back up QB took Indy to the wire
                          27) Cleveland Browns - Hey that one win keeps thema head of a some teams
                          28) Cincinatti Bengals - FINALLY SHOWED SOME GAME, but too late against Dal.
                          29) Seattle Seahawks - Even with receivers back, nothing happens
                          30) Detroit Lions - Um, I though McMillen WAS the problem
                          31) Kansas City Chiefs - 34-0? In the NFL? What?
                          32) St. Louis Rams - Have shown no signs of life
                          CP to you for the intelligence to get the rankings right!

                          I do agree with Tenn above NYG...NY hasn't really played anyone of any quality yet. Otherwise...SPOT ON!!!


                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Toast1386 View Post
                            OH and of course your rankings are going to look better by week 8! By week 8 you can almost realistically know what teams are going to make a playoff run although things can still happen but still it will leave you with less teams to have to rank for the top 12 spots. your rankings will look better by week 8 just like they will look better by week 14 no surprise there. look I'm not trying to be mean and YES I AM A BRONCO FAN! (SHOCK!!!) but a least help us to reason with your ranks.

                            and Broncohyde????
                            Yeah, apparently he thinks we're the same person because he can't understand that more than one person would consider his "system" ridiculous.

                            As for that Cutler quote at the bottom . . . it's called a Signature. Lots of peole have them. Dang NOOBS!!! But if it will make you happy, I'm just getting ready to change it this week.

                            If your system gets better with time, and won't be accurate until week 8, why don't you do us a favor, and just not post until week 8? I don't care how fool proof a system is, there must always be room for last minute adjustments, and exceptions. If you used your system as a base, then made adjustments using common sense, you would be a whole lot more credible.
                            Last edited by Bronco_Hyde; 10-07-2008, 01:50 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Why did you quote and reply to yourself?

                              I like the CBS rankings better.
                              sigpic

                              TZ

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
                                Those are the worst rankings i've ever seen.
                                hahahaha

                                I agree

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X