No announcement yet.

Power Rankings week 5 FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both rankings in this thread are horrible.

The Broncos are obviously number one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
      Yeah, apparently he thinks we're the same person because he can't understand that more than one person would consider his "system" ridiculous.
      So he thought I was you because we have the same signature????

Comment

why post em anyways....

because next week i think not many would laugh at these rankings, because they are accurate (I'm still not sold on fact that my system chose arizona and washington on where they are at in my rankings but...). it is what happened from week 3-4 people (for example i will use tennessee) a lot of people laughed at them being number one and then no one did the very next week, again, the same thing will probably happen this next up and coming week. nice try on the quote thing coincidences must run in pairs if not more then because same person you who is responding to these rankings and other person Toast started a thread on espn power rankings and cbs's plus in addition someone new to these boards has an old and same exact quote from cutler wow guess coincidences come in 3's now that i think about it.

Comment

Wow what a joke.

Comment

What IS your system?

To me, that's the question.

I can look at your rankings and say that your system looks like a terrible one, but I might be convinced if you actually explained what your system is. Otherwise, all that I have to go off of is what you've posted.

As it stands, I'd say that either your system looks weak. It doesn't look predictive at all. And since I don't know what your reasoning is, I feel that there is no reason to not simply discount your rankings entirely.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Toast1386 View Post
              So he thought I was you because we have the same signature????
              Yep. Real intelligent guy, this one. Thought I'd help him out by changing mine. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Taz_bb2 View Post
                CP to you for the intelligence to get the rankings right!

I do agree with Tenn above NYG...NY hasn't really played anyone of any quality yet. Otherwise...SPOT ON!!!
                The Redskins... who have beaten both the Cowboys and the Eagles.... who both look like good teams. Its not so much as "who have they beaten." You watch them play, and you see a solid team. They have beaten the teams in front of them so far.

Like I said.. I just think the Giants are a much more well rounded team, counting RBs, WRs, and QB... than the Titans.

Comment

I never laughed at Tennessee being #1...them or the giants would fit. If not your even sold on the fact that your "system" put Washington and Arizona where they are, then how do you expect us to be sold on them? Those 2 rankings right there show that your system if flawed. The reason your rankings get better midseason is because its hardest to rank teams during the beginning because there are so many question marks. The actually good systems can do it in the beginning because they are not flawed, but yours seems to be. Therefore, your not that good at ranking because it takes you will midseason to actually get them right, as appose to it takes you midseason till people start agreeing with you. Many of us could do good rankings in about 3 more games because its easier to tell where each team stands.

Comment

system to the rankings....

There is a an actual good system, and I said I would disclose this information if in fact there is a lot still disagreeing with it and not quite a few agreeing with it after week 8 in regulation. Yes all Power rankings are a lot easier to choose based on biased opinion's by then, not a lot easier to choose based on a system of non-biased facts. And these rankings will look a lot more realistic probably after next week and no this is not based on what i think teams will do in future, it is based on the past.

Comment

Cutlerera

yes to my knowledge you havn't wasn't talking about everyone if I said everyone it was an obvious exaggeration. At least i thought it was. to my knowledge this
                      is also your replys to my power rankings as well, shrug. I could be wrong on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
                        yes to my knowledge you havn't wasn't talking about everyone if I said everyone it was an obvious exaggeration. At least i thought it was. to my knowledge this
                        is also your replys to my power rankings as well, shrug. I could be wrong on that.
                        whoops meant your first replies

Comment

Dude, I really don't want to keep beating you up here (Like I said you seem like a nice guy, just with bad rankings), but every time you post it's increasingly harder to take you serious.

You are babbling. No one cares about half the stuff you're claiming. Sorry to tell you, but power rankings are always subjected to opinions, and the best ones consist almost entirely of educated opinion. Opinions are not a bad thing, and a good system should not steer completely away from them.

As far as how your phrasing things . . . . here's a word, look it up. Lucidity. You really need to work on it if you want to be taken seriously. On the other hand, if you just like seeing yourself post things . . . that's fine too. But don't complain about the reaction you get.

p.s.
                          Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
                          whoops meant your first replies
                          It's called an edit button. You don't have to make a new post to correct something.

Comment

Why do you have to wait and see if people still disagree by week 8 to reveal your ranking system?
                            You sound like your just trying to wait to be proved right and then you can go back and say "see I told you so". Just reveal it now and maybe it will make sense to us. Because if week 8 rolls around and people still disagree and you reveal your system and its really weak, youre just going to get alot more crap because you talked so much about how good its going to be by week 8.

Theres really nothing you can lose here because based on the posts you dont have that much credibility as it is anyway. This could actually help you.

But based on some of your rankings (besides the obviously good or bad teams) you kind of look like your system is just throwing darts at a dart board.
                            LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                            Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

On complaining...

I am not complaining just responding. People have their opinions and I have mine. My opinion is that my system works well. No matter who posts power rankings there is always going to be negative thoughts no matter what or who posts them, I expect it. It is not a big deal. Go to any sports page with the rankings posted I know for a fact there will be a bunch of negativity posted about those rankings, so what who cares, I am just bored right now and am replying to these messages because I work part time fixing computers. Again trust me it is not a big deal that people reply to my postings in a negative way, I don't really care if they do or don't. Oh and yesterday about me not knowing when people are being sarcastic. I do know when they are but most of the time just tend to ignore the sarcastic part. But did you know I was being sarcastic about when I said placing Giants number 1 wow what a surprise??? No because it isn't a surprise that someone would put them at number 1.

Comment

When someone says they use formulas to rank football teams I simply think to the BCS and realize how terrible most of these formula ranking systems are.

I remember Troy Aikman had a ranking system that used a formula to rank the teams which is probably pretty similar (or you got it from him) to what you got since you sound like he did in his ranking columns.

Comment

Working...
                                X