X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
    look I will just say a lot of it is based on statistics I am not going to say which statistics I am basing it off of but there is a lot that I look at. I promise I am looking at the correct stats, after doing this for four years I know exactly which ones to look at....getting a lot of criticism this week but next week I will most likely be saying see where I had them, is it starting to make sense to ya....??? good glad it is. Yes I know about weaker schedules, and stronger ones....and that does matter...
    No, it's not making any sense whatsoever.

You keep defending your argument saying, "wait until next week". Power rankings aren't based on future speculattion. They are based on actual results.

There is no possible logistical statistic stats whatsoever, other than your dyslexic, or a blind homer, that someone could argue Washington at #14, and Arizona #7.

Try argue with this stat.

Washington is 4-1, and 2-1, on the road, in divisional games played in which a lot of analysts are legitimately arguing is the best division in the NFL since 1960.

And you have them at #14.

You're process is terrible, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Fins4Life View Post
    Bills lost to Arizona, not Atlanta and Edwards should be back after the bye.
    He MIGHT be back after the bye... so far they've said he's suffering from symptoms of post concussion. Sure he might be.. may be... back. But that doesn't take away from the reasons of my comment.

Leave a comment:

• jay who ?
    replied
    ...vedy interestink.....but shtupit!just kidding around...uhh the broncos are better than the bucs and the redskins maybe the best team in the nfc right now....so there

Leave a comment:

• Shanahanigans
    replied
    I recognize this formula! You totally stole it from Moodys to evaluate home buyer's credit worthiness.

:nono:

Leave a comment:

• Wolverine83
    replied
    He just revealed the secret system to me in a PM.

Get ready for it....

It's mindblowing stuff...

Crack. Smoke A LOT of crack.

Leave a comment:

• Cutler_aka_god
    replied
    Of course I care lol...re:broncohyde

so I exaggerated it a little bit, of course I care some what, but most of my replies are what I think are facts, if I think it is a fact and not an insult then it can't have a whole lot of emotions. and yes I know there is a lot of disdain here for my rankings. Even more than most articles professionally written, not by a whole lot though. And a lot of the negativity is because I actually respond to the negative thoughts on my rankings and the professionals don't. That is because they know they will get way more than even mine has gotten. I do agree that I construct sentences poorly....(because I tend to ramble on mostly) I admit my faults. That fault is obvious. Part of the reason for that is I type around 75-80 words a minute and harder for me to correct it while typing that quickly. I do correct some so I hope some of it at least makes sense. I even have trouble reading some of my posts so I don't doubt that you do either. I do agree that based on most statistics rankings will be better judged by the experts. My statistics on the other hand isn't usually thought of I am pretty sure on this part, and hence why I think my Rankings are better than most experts. You will see (besides I believe washington) that these will probably be more agreed upon next week, not my rankings next week (those too but...) but those ones that have been posted this week. Thanks for your thoughts Broncohyde....it was indeed a foolish statement to state that I do not care. It was intended as an exaggerated statement but even you say I bring a lot less emotion to the table than most would so I probably care less, and mostly it is just responses, even if lengthy ones. That is mostly because I can type extremely fast, maybe to fast for my mind to express words understandibly unless paid close attention to.

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I honestly can't see how the Bills are higher when they just lost to Atlanta and lost their starting QB. I also have NO clue as to how you can put TB above the Broncos.

Moving AZ up TEN spots?? seriously?

ALso.. how can you POSSIBLY have Washington Redskins DOWN so far when they have ONLY lost to the Giants in week 1, yet beat the cowboys and the Eagles in the absolute TOUGHEST division in the NFL?? You have the Cowboys and Eagles at 5 & 6, and the Skins beat BOTH of them in THEIR house.... yet the Skins are ranked 14 behind SD, Tampa, Buffalo, and Denver??? You raise the Cardinals up TEN because they beat the Bills, yet only raise Washington after beating the Eagles..after just beating the Cowboys??

I'm sorry.. I just don't understand your thinking at all. But...... thats the good things about a 'power ranking.' They aren't fact and you are more than welcome to list them as you wish.
    Bills lost to Arizona, not Atlanta and Edwards should be back after the bye.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    I am not complaining just responding. People have their opinions and I have mine. My opinion is that my system works well. No matter who posts power rankings there is always going to be negative thoughts no matter what or who posts them, I expect it. It is not a big deal. Go to any sports page with the rankings posted I know for a fact there will be a bunch of negativity posted about those rankings, so what who cares . . . . Again trust me it is not a big deal that people reply to my postings in a negative way, I don't really care if they do or don't.
    Based on your reactions from this thread and last nights, it is obvious that you do care what people think. Want some examples?

Explanations in bold.

it is based on what has happened in the previous 5 weeks, sorry nice try. (The "sorry nice try" is obviously a personal retort, not just an emotionless response.)

or should I say Broncohyde??? with the same exact ending to anything you say with a quote of Cutler (If you're not concerned with people's responses, why single out people on a non-related subject?)

nice try on the quote thing coincidences must run in pairs if not more then because same person you who is responding to these rankings and other person Toast started a thread on espn power rankings and cbs's plus in addition someone new to these boards has an old and same exact quote from cutler wow guess coincidences come in 3's now that i think about it. (Again, it is obvious that my disagreements with you are getting under your skin. And this babbling doesn't even make sense. Anyone with half a brain knows that toast and I aren't the same person. )

If you do not understand that then you are dim of wit..., (Does this sound like someone who isn't concerned with criticism?)

I am off for the night so talk all the chit you guys want, as I am sure you will!!!
    I will give you credit, that you don't blow up at the first sign of disagreement, like a lot of guys. But you DO care, or you wouldn't bother responding.
    Yes, no matter what, there will be some disagreement. But reality check, bud, this thread isn't "some disagreement". This thread is A LOT of disagreement. Way more than should be given to any decent rankings. Your system is flawed. It's all good and well to use statistics, but statistics without their background are useless. For example, KC put up big #'s on us. Someone looking at those statistics would think they have a great offense. But anyone with half a brain knows they just had a good day and those statistics should be given a lot less credence.
    It is impossible to design a numbers system that takes all meaningful factors into account. For that reason alone, only human intelligence and OPINION can generate accurate power rankings because we can look at circumstances and evaluate based on them, not just on stats. Sure, humans are perfect, but when it comes to things as subjective as rankings, we're a lot better than number crunching.

As a final thought, I again implore you to review your writing skills, and maybe take a refresher course. Your sentences are poorly written. Your main ideas are lost in numerous side lines. You haven't figured out how to use the quote button so we even know who you are talking to. And, you should also learn how to use the features of the board (emotions, quotes, edits, etc.)
    Again, I'm not trying to pick on you, but it really would be very easy for you to improve the quality of your posts enough to at least be taken seriously instead of dismissed. But do whatever you want. I'm done. I'm getting a headache trying to figure out half of what you write.
    Last edited by Bronco_Hyde; 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    I just posted my more accurate NFL rankings.

Leave a comment:

• Cutler_aka_god
    replied
    The only team...

That I probably won't be saying that about is Washington I will most likely (again we will see) will have them probably in top 8.

Leave a comment:

• Cutler_aka_god
    replied
    Waiting to post about my system...

look I will just say a lot of it is based on statistics I am not going to say which statistics I am basing it off of but there is a lot that I look at. I promise I am looking at the correct stats, after doing this for four years I know exactly which ones to look at....getting a lot of criticism this week but next week I will most likely be saying see where I had them, is it starting to make sense to ya....??? good glad it is. Yes I know about weaker schedules, and stronger ones....and that does matter...

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Wow, those are pretty bad.

You have to let us know your system, because right now it's not making any sense.

Leave a comment:

• WoodyInvincible
    replied
    When someone says they use formulas to rank football teams I simply think to the BCS and realize how terrible most of these formula ranking systems are.

I remember Troy Aikman had a ranking system that used a formula to rank the teams which is probably pretty similar (or you got it from him) to what you got since you sound like he did in his ranking columns.

Leave a comment:

• Cutler_aka_god
    replied
    On complaining...

I am not complaining just responding. People have their opinions and I have mine. My opinion is that my system works well. No matter who posts power rankings there is always going to be negative thoughts no matter what or who posts them, I expect it. It is not a big deal. Go to any sports page with the rankings posted I know for a fact there will be a bunch of negativity posted about those rankings, so what who cares, I am just bored right now and am replying to these messages because I work part time fixing computers. Again trust me it is not a big deal that people reply to my postings in a negative way, I don't really care if they do or don't. Oh and yesterday about me not knowing when people are being sarcastic. I do know when they are but most of the time just tend to ignore the sarcastic part. But did you know I was being sarcastic about when I said placing Giants number 1 wow what a surprise??? No because it isn't a surprise that someone would put them at number 1.

Leave a comment:

• HurricaneDovs
    replied
    Why do you have to wait and see if people still disagree by week 8 to reveal your ranking system?
    You sound like your just trying to wait to be proved right and then you can go back and say "see I told you so". Just reveal it now and maybe it will make sense to us. Because if week 8 rolls around and people still disagree and you reveal your system and its really weak, youre just going to get alot more crap because you talked so much about how good its going to be by week 8.

Theres really nothing you can lose here because based on the posts you dont have that much credibility as it is anyway. This could actually help you.

But based on some of your rankings (besides the obviously good or bad teams) you kind of look like your system is just throwing darts at a dart board.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X