Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Rankings week 5 FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Carolina....

    Well I do expect broncos will rise some spots next week. San Diego should of beat us and own a 3-2 record tied with us, And New Orleans had a good shot to beat us (but didn't) even tied San diego would have the division lead because of tie breakers not to mention we lost to the lowly chiefs, so having them ranked right around the same if not lower than San Diego would be justifiable. You mentioned Carolina's schedule people gave me grief over Washington and how tough of a schedule they played. Carolina with exception of Kansas played just as tough of a schedule(not as tough cuz of kansas) pretty much every team carolina played is tougher than what most people think and they beat them the first two games without steve smith now that he is back and getting back into the system of Carolinas they will look unstopable.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
      Well I do expect broncos will rise some spots next week. San Diego should of beat us and own a 3-2 record tied with us, And New Orleans had a good shot to beat us (but didn't) even tied San diego would have the division lead because of tie breakers not to mention we lost to the lowly chiefs, so having them ranked right around the same if not lower than San Diego would be justifiable. You mentioned Carolina's schedule people gave me grief over Washington and how tough of a schedule they played. Carolina with exception of Kansas played just as tough of a schedule(not as tough cuz of kansas) pretty much every team carolina played is tougher than what most people think and they beat them the first two games without steve smith now that he is back and getting back into the system of Carolinas they will look unstopable.
      I thought you based things on the actual past, not the "what if" future. You keep saying SD should have beat us. Well, fact check, they didn't. Sure, a mistake by one of our players (nothing to do with SD's ability) combined with one or two big plays (nothing consistent) could have given them the win. But it didn't. And even after that play, they had ample opportunity to stop us, and they couldn't do it. Even for a 2 pt conversion.
      So that'll be enough of the "SD should have blah blah blah blah". They didn't, and the "shoulda coulda" should have no bearing on your "system".


      So basically, what you're doing here is demonstrating that your "un-biased system" cannot stand on its own merits and has to be defended by your your biased observations and opinions about who played who, and scheduling?? If the system was so good and un-biased it should be able to stand on it's own merits, not having to be defended by the very things it's trying not to rely on.

      Your arguments in this last post are completely contradictory to everything you've claimed in your previous posts.

      Comment


      • #93
        Biased decisions...

        No now at this point like 5-6 posts ago (at least) threw away my system and started using biased judgment. yeah of course it didn't happen that way and they could of stopped us both on 4th down and two point but the fact of the matter is that they should have beaten us, and I'm not even going into the supposed interception Champ had that helped change the game in our favor, for I am not so certain that he didn't end up picking it off. I am defending my un-biased rankings because everyone is responding in biased reasoning.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
          No now at this point like 5-6 posts ago (at least) threw away my system and started using biased judgment. yeah of course it didn't happen that way and they could of stopped us both on 4th down and two point but the fact of the matter is that they should have beaten us, and I'm not even going into the supposed interception Champ had that helped change the game in our favor, for I am not so certain that he didn't end up picking it off. I am defending my un-biased rankings because everyone is responding in biased reasoning.
          So you're ignoring your principles, to participate in a discussion that thinks your principles are crap? In other words, we have succeeded in dragging you down to our level.

          (BTW, NFL reviewed and said the Champ call was correct)

          Comment


          • #95
            My picks for the week and the spread I have them at.

            This is without injuries...looking at injuries will change it a little. perhaps even switching it to another team.
            Chicago at Atlanta: Chicago by 3
            Miami at Houston: Miami by 10
            Baltimore at Indy: Baltimore by 4.5
            Detroit at Minnesota: Minnesota by 19
            Oakland at New Orleans: New Orleans by 7.5
            Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets: N.Y. Jets by 11.5
            Carolina at Tampa bay: Carolina by 2
            St. Louis at Washington: Washington by 25
            Jacksonville at Denver: Denver by 5
            Dallas at Arizona: with Anquon Arizona by .5 without Dallas by 3
            Phille At San Fran: Phille by 5.5
            Green Bay at Seattle: Green Bay by 8.5
            New England at San Diego: San Diego by 7
            N.Y. Giants at Cleveland: N.Y. Giants by 21.5
            This is using my same non-biased system
            Last edited by Cutler_aka_god; 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
              This is without injuries...looking at injuries will change it a little. perhaps even switching it to another team.
              Chicago at Atlanta: Chicago by 3
              Miami at Houston: Miami by 10
              Baltimore at Indy: Baltimore by 4.5
              Detroit at Minnesota: Minnesota by 19
              Oakland at New Orleans: New Orleans by 7.5
              Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets: N.Y. Jets by 11.5
              Carolina at Tampa bay: Carolina by 2
              St. Louis at Washington: Washington by 25
              Jacksonville at Denver: Denver by 5
              Dallas at Arizona: with Anquon Arizona by .5 without Dallas by 3
              Phille At San Fran: Phille by 5.5
              Green Bay at Seattle: Green Bay by 8.5
              New England at San Diego: San Diego by 7
              N.Y. Giants at Cleveland: N.Y. Giants by 21.5
              I'll make you a pick 'em bet. I'll post my picks (just wins, no points). If you get more right, I'll put in my sig that you have a great power ranking system. If I get more right, you have to admit that your system sucks, and put it in your sig for at least a week.
              Is it a deal?

              Comment


              • #97
                okay

                But I still got to look at injuries..... I will know for sure by Saturday oh and it probably is Dallas that I picking me thinks anquon is out. not sure...I will post something here on Saturday in the new Thread with your name in it cool? But what are your picks so far? and the rest will probably stand (probably)
                Last edited by Cutler_aka_god; 10-08-2008, 03:21 PM. Reason: but what are your picks so far:)

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
                  But I still got to look at injuries..... I will know for sure by Saturday oh and it probably is Dallas that I picking me thinks anquon is out. not sure...I will post something here on Saturday in the new Thread with your name in it cool? But what are your picks so far?
                  Generally not a good idea to put names in thread titles. I got a warning for that once. Just call it "Pick 'em bet" or something like that. I'll have my picks ready by then, and I'll be working on a sig for you.

                  Oh, Boldin is for sure out until their bye week.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    sounds fair

                    All right sounds fair, not sure about what teams ya would change I only see four with a possible change.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cutler_aka_god View Post
                      All right sounds fair, not sure about what teams ya would change I only see four with a possible change.
                      We'll see . . . I'm feeling a week full of upsets coming on.

                      Comment


                      • nfl point spread.

                        My point spread has 4 different but I can't see how that point spread has seattle beating Green Bay maybe they got a lot of their recievers back??? I'm not understanding that one but again I guess I will have to look at injuries this Saturday, maybe Aaron rodgers is out hmmmm potential for this one.

                        Comment


                        • Prediction for next week's rankings

                          Washington will be placed into 6th or 7th spot I'm thinking 6th but we will see.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X