Kickoff returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    He did have some long returns....Even a 64 yarder.

yeah he did, i dont think hall has even passed 34 yds...lol

giving up hixon was a bad move also, but i think the everett thing threw him off here......

Comment

What the heck

I think Shanny should put Glen M and Clifford R back there and see what they can do. After all If my memory is correct, was it not Glen M the returned our last punt for a TD.That take vision as well. So if he can do it on a punt return' why not a kick off. Just last week I thought he was going for another punt return for a TD, but a block in the back penalty was called on that play. Glen gained I think about 35 to 40 yards on that punt return. Sure he can use some speed but the guy does have vision. It can only get better cause what Hall is doing is not enough, that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TONYTZ7 View Post
        I think Shanny should put Glen M and Clifford R back there and see what they can do. After all If my memory is correct, was it not Glen M the returned our last punt for a TD.That take vision as well. So if he can do it on a punt return' why not a kick off. Just last week I thought he was going for another punt return for a TD, but a block in the back penalty was called on that play. Glen gained I think about 35 to 40 yards on that punt return. Sure he can use some speed but the guy does have vision. It can only get better cause what Hall is doing is not enough, that is for sure.
        Clifford Russel was waived... or put on IR... but I know he's not active.

And against KC when he was returning kicks, he was flat out horrid.

Comment

According to the Rocky Mountain news, the Broncos are strongly considering stopping Eddie Royal from doing any kind of returning. Andre Hall will play a lot this weekend so he won't return any kicks i think, so it looks like it's all Glenn Martinez

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            According to the Rocky Mountain news, the Broncos are strongly considering stopping Eddie Royal from doing any kind of returning. Andre Hall will play a lot this weekend so he won't return any kicks i think, so it looks like it's all Glenn Martinez
            I don't think we should stop Royal from returning..

He has the skills and ability to do returns, especially punts.

What are they so afraid of? Injury? C'mon. The guy could catch a pass any offensive play and get hurt.

You saw Rod Smith return punts, and he was a clear starter?

You see Santonio Holmes return punts for PITT, and he's a starter.

Eddie Royal has been the very bright spot of our special teams punting return....

Comment

I don't think we should stop Royal from returning..

He has the skills and ability to do returns, especially punts.

What are they so afraid of? Injury? C'mon. The guy could catch a pass any offensive play and get hurt.

You saw Rod Smith return punts, and he was a clear starter?

You see Santonio Holmes return punts for PITT, and he's a starter.

Eddie Royal has been the very bright spot of our special teams punting return....
              http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-to-left-side/
              "The Broncos likely will consider keeping Royal out of the return game when he does return. He severely sprained the ankle on a punt return Sunday after the ankle had bothered him most of the week leading to the game"

I love Royal returning punts, but I think that his health is much more important than an extra 10-20 yards of field position

sigpic

Comment

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-to-left-side/
                "The Broncos likely will consider keeping Royal out of the return game when he does return. He severely sprained the ankle on a punt return Sunday after the ankle had bothered him most of the week leading to the game"

I love Royal returning punts, but I think that his health is much more important than an extra 10-20 yards of field position
                Wait... didn't you just write that the rockymountainnews said just the opposite?

And please stop with the health excuse... He's probably MORE likely to get hurt catching passes from Cutler then returning punts just because he has the option to fair catch any punt he wants.

Comment

Wait... didn't you just write that the rockymountainnews said just the opposite?

And please stop with the health excuse... He's probably MORE likely to get hurt catching passes from Cutler then returning punts just because he has the option to fair catch any punt he wants.
                  what do you mean? I said that the Rocky Mountain news reported that the Broncos are strongly thinking about stopping Eddie Royal from returning any kind of punts and kicks for the remainder of the season, and then I posted the article where I read it

Don't get me wrong, Royal is amazing during punt returns...but I think when it comes to gauging where he is more valuable, it's as a receiver and not a returner

sigpic

Comment

what do you mean? I said that the Rocky Mountain news reported that the Broncos are strongly thinking about stopping Eddie Royal from returning any kind of punts and kicks for the remainder of the season, and then I posted the article where I read it

Don't get me wrong, Royal is amazing during punt returns...but I think when it comes to gauging where he is more valuable, it's as a receiver and not a returner
                    Oh nevermind....I read it too fast.

Comment

Oh nevermind....I read it too fast.

i guess my brain isn't the only one turned to mush after the day is over

sigpic

Comment

Prediction!

In the 3rd quarter after the Jags drive down the field and settle for 3 to come within a touchdown, the kickoff will go to Martinez and he will take it to the house.

It will break the game WIDE open and he will remain our return man the REST of the season.

Count it!

BTW... I know kickoffs and punts are two different animals, but in that same token, you have to have speed, agility and VISION to take either one the distance. He's been our best return man in recent memory so why NOT have him back there on kicks since he's had success for us on punts?

I really do wish we still had Gordon. "The Commissioner" was awesome! Remember that Carolina game? GEEZ we could really use that again!
                        Thank You theMileHighGuy!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Young get teh KO returns. His vision is a LOT better than Hall's. Hall seems to be slipping further adn further down the depth chart to me with his running.

I too would like to keep Royal returning the Punts

Comment

if they want to rest royal on punt returns so be it. martinez actually isnt a bad punt returner, but man he had better show something on KO if its all him because he was not very good at it last year. i like having martinez though because he is a good option behind royal for punt returns. and he can make some tough catches as a reciever

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                              okay i have had it i am tired of seeing hall run straight ahead and try and power through guys on kick off returns. there is no first down to get.......i mean lets face it hall is not the answer at Kick-off returns. he gets by on passionate play and running tough, but on Kick-off returns we need more than that we need a guy with vision and speed and toughness. this is the nfl you cant just run over everybody......i really think he just doesnt have the vision, i see in when he runs the ball as well.

i personally think we should have selvin return kicks, what do you think...and do u think i am off base in my thoughts......
                              I really like the idea. I thought he looked faster than Hall, and better at looking for running lanes.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

To words for ya, EDDIE ROYAL.

I see ALOT of potental from him on punt/kickoff returns. But since, Royal is listed at #2 WR, and got hurt on a punt return agains the Bucs, Shanahan is likely to not play Royal at punt returner. Which sux alot, because he at so much talent being a punt/kick returner.

Comment

Working...
                                X