No announcement yet.

Shanahan Upset with Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gotta understand that we all maybe fans of these players and idolize them, but shanny doesn't have to sugar coat anything for these guys. He isn't their fan. He is their coach, he as to be a hardass.
    sigpic

Comment

The fact is that no one would have complained if Thomas had not fumbled. The problem wasn't that he should have gone down the moment he caught the ball. It's that he didn't properly secure the ball while running with it. No one complained last year when Crowder ran back the fumble recovery for a touchdown. He should have been more conscious about securing the ball and if he finds himself in the same situation again, he will probably run with the ball, but hopefully secure it better.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        The fact is that no one would have complained if Thomas had not fumbled. The problem wasn't that he should have gone down the moment he caught the ball. It's that he didn't properly secure the ball while running with it. No one complained last year when Crowder ran back the fumble recovery for a touchdown. He should have been more conscious about securing the ball and if he finds himself in the same situation again, he will probably run with the ball, but hopefully secure it better.
        Or at least go down right before contact is imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
          I guess Tim Crowder should have just fallen flat on the ball last year, instead of taking it back for 6.

Exactly, I bet Tannahan wouldve thought different if it went for 6.

Comment

To heck with this talk of going down!

Instead, wrap up the ball with both arms and barrel your way to the end zone.

I highly doubt anyone could easily strip the ball from him if he wrapped up. And he would be a load to take down. I'll take those extra, easy yards.

Good job on your second int.

Comment

Let's not forget, that Nate Webster didn't have the greatest ball security on his return a couple weeks before....

I think it was a stupid and foolish thing for Shanahan to say that it was "inexcusable"...

That's almost throwing him under the bus.

Comment

Let's not forget, that Nate Webster didn't have the greatest ball security on his return a couple weeks before....

I think it was a stupid and foolish thing for Shanahan to say that it was "inexcusable"...

That's almost throwing him under the bus.
                Yeah... a bit harsh... But he had a point as well.

I'm sure there will be mention of it when the team is behind doors... that will matter more. Thomas will be fine. So will the Broncos.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

shanny was a little harsh or joking...
                  when you get the ball on defense, you start running to the end zone,, that how the game is played.
                  but, Thomas does need to protect the ball with both hands. that is my only complaint with that play.

Comment

crowder weighs about 40 pounds less and he is actually quick and there was nobooooooooooooooooody in front of him last year at pittsburgh get that through ur head and thomas had the ball in one hand trying to make moves as if he was brandon marshall and not to mention the fact that half the bucs team was between him and the endzone also the game would have been wrapped up if he just went down after the int ....with a 10 point lead theres no need to do what thomas did

Comment

WHO'S HOUSE?....

MIKE'S HOUSE!!!

WHO'S HOUSE?

MIKE'S HOUSE!!!

Thank You Mike!!! You are a straight P.I.M.P
                      Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Assassin View Post
                        WHO'S HOUSE?....

MIKE'S HOUSE!!!

WHO'S HOUSE?

MIKE'S HOUSE!!!

Thank You Mike!!! You are a straight P.I.M.P

BOOYAH!!!!!!!

Comment

So?

Crowder showed that he was accelerating away from the players.

Shanahan is a little harsh, even if it was a joke of a sentence.
                          No he's not. He's RIGHT on the money. YOu can't look at one that 'worked out' and try and suggest THAT its ok to try and do MORE than your are capable of. There is a big difference from getting a fumble from the QB or blocked punt when NO one is around you, but when you find a fumble (or INT) in traffic, around a lot of players.. GO DOWN with the ball.

Thats not harsh.. thats reality. Thats what you learn as a DL in highschool. Most of the time these guys have stuff wrapped up on their hands. He was carrying that damn ball as if he thought he was some sprinter down the sidelines.... that was STUPID. GO Down with the ball. Getting the ball is the most important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                            crowder weighs about 40 pounds less and he is actually quick and there was nobooooooooooooooooody in front of him last year at pittsburgh get that through ur head and thomas had the ball in one hand trying to make moves as if he was brandon marshall and not to mention the fact that half the bucs team was between him and the endzone also the game would have been wrapped up if he just went down after the int ....with a 10 point lead theres no need to do what thomas did
                            Get this through your head, if Thomas had not fumbled, there would have been no complaints about him running with the ball regardless of who was or wasn't in front of him. The only problem with his run back was the fact that his poor ball security allowed a fumble to happen. No fumble. No complaint.

Is that clear enough for you? Did that get through your head?
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                              if you watch the replay no one was infront of him
                              Exactly! But its the one's coming from behind that always punch it out. He could have an 80 yard head start and would still get caught.
                              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Get this through your head, if Thomas had not fumbled, there would have been no complaints about him running with the ball regardless of who was or wasn't in front of him. The only problem with his run back was the fact that his poor ball security allowed a fumble to happen. No fumble. No complaint.

Is that clear enough for you? Did that get through your head?
                                You wanna bet???? I would DAMN well BET you that shanahan would STILL give him an EARFUL if he didn't fumble about GETTING DOWN and securing the ball... FUMBLE or NO Fumble. The difference being that the media asked about it because of the fumble. I would GUARANTEE you that the coaches would STILL tell him to GET THE 'F' DOWN after you get teh ball!!!!

DTs have NO Place to try and return an INT for TD when in traffic. Gaining those extra 3 yards is not worth the chance to lose the ball. GET DOWN and wrap up the ball..... thats BASIC football smarts.

Comment

Working...
                                X