No announcement yet.

Shanahan Upset with Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All TD's are inexcusable! Defensive players are paid to prevent the other team from scoring, not to score points, that is the offensive players job.

Now there you have it so stop all the senseless bickering.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      I really wonder what is MORE likely to happen?

Getting an INT and turning it over on the return... or getting an INT, and having your offense turn it over during their next series?
      Its more likely the DL fumbles the ball away by trying to carry the ball. Thats been shown time and time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        Its more likely the DL fumbles the ball away by trying to carry the ball. Thats been shown time and time and time again.
        I'd actually have to see a set of statistics to believe that one.

I'm not talking about a general situation, who is more likely to fumble... Of course a DL has a greater chance... but between the two over a football season, I want to know who actually fumbles more.

We see turnovers ALL the time in every game. How many turnovers actually happen during a turnover??
        Last edited by Peerless; 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
          All TD's are inexcusable! Defensive players are paid to prevent the other team from scoring, not to score points, that is the offensive players job.

Now there you have it so stop all the senseless bickering.
          I don't think anyone is bickering......

Comment

I'm not talking about a general situation, who is more likely to fumble... Of course a DL has a greater chance... but between the two over a football season, I want to know who actually fumbles more.
            what kind of situation?

if I were to guess, I'd say the d-line by a landslide because they dont practice on ball security

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I don't think anyone is bickering......
              except he is

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                what kind of situation?

if I were to guess, I'd say the d-line by a landslide because they dont practice on ball security
                I know in a broad general statement... the D-linemen is going to fumble more often then the offensive players.

But:

Like, it's kind of a dumb question... who has a greater chance of fumbling, the defensive player who made the INT or picked up the fumble.... or the offense who starts their next series AFTER their defense completed a takeaway.

Are there really more turnovers once a player creates a turnover... or are there more turnovers once that players offense takes the field.

Stupid, but curious.

Comment

I know in a broad general statement... the D-linemen is going to fumble more often then the offensive players.

But:

Like, it's kind of a dumb question... who has a greater chance of fumbling, the defensive player who made the INT or picked up the fumble.... or the offense who starts their next series AFTER their defense completed a takeaway.

Are there really more turnovers once a player creates a turnover... or are there more turnovers once that players offense takes the field.

Stupid, but curious.
                  my head hurts

sounds like crap that would come out of my Philosophy class

on a serious note, probably the offense has more of a chance because the defense holds on for the ball for so long. As long as the d is smart and drops to the ground, the offense definately has more of a chance to fumble IMO

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    my head hurts

sounds like crap that would come out of my Philosophy class

on a serious note, probably the offense has more of a chance because the defense holds on for the ball for so long. As long as the d is smart and drops to the ground, the offense definately has more of a chance to fumble IMO
                    Yeah... maybe my psychology class has me thinking too much...

Comment

Yeah... maybe my psychology class has me thinking too much...
                      man you're not alone, after my Philosophy class my brain is mush. I think too deep and too hard and then end up needing ice on my head to relieve the pain

psychology + philosophy = BAD MIXTURE

sigpic

Comment

If a D lineman sees space and can scoop up the ball and run then let him do it. I've seen huge d lineman rumble for touchdowns before and it's not like it's a bad thing. The problem occurs when d lineman try to scoop and score when they are surrounded by a bunch of o lineman or they fumble the ball but that could be said for any defensive player.

Creating points on the defensive side of the ball is an important thing and a blanket statement like all d lineman shouldn't try to score given the opportunity is just wrong.

Comment

We see turnovers ALL the time in every game. How many turnovers actually happen during a turnover??
                          So statistically speaking.... what % of plays that the defense has had the ball have they fumbled it away compared to the number of plays the offense has had the ball??

Comment

So statistically speaking.... what % of plays that the defense has had the ball have they fumbled it away compared to the number of plays the offense has had the ball??

Statistically what % the defense turns the ball over when they have the ball, compared to statistically the % that the offense turns over the ball on their next series AFTER their team forced a takeaway.

So would Marcus Thomas (or any other defensive player) giveaway the ball while returning the takeaway (Marcus Thomas), or would the offense (Cutler or etc) have a greater % of turning it over AFTER his team created the takeaway on the next possesion.

Weird, but curious.

I can't really see a defensive takeaway resulting in another turnover happening MORE than the offense turning the ball over during their next series after their teams takeaway.

Comment

How about the Patriots Troy Brown play against the Chargers when Brady through the pic? Not a number, but another example...

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                                Bingo, I was just gonna bring that up. I somehow doubt that Shanny gave him the same grief. ...Oh, well, it was for a TD? OK, then. Keep up the good work.

Double standard???

Actually, yes, there is a double standard. In one situation the play is successful, in the other it isn't. Happens all the time.

How many times do CB's screw up their coverage assignment? Tons. If their guy catches the ball when they screw up, they get ridiculed, they their guy doesn't get thrown to, we don't even notice. That's football.

The biggest problem with that play was it was 3rd down. A stop meant they had to punt. By intercepting it, then fumbling he not only gave them the ball back, he gave them a new set of downs. It was a stupid mistake. He should have held onto the ball and gone down as soon as contact was imminent. I don't care how entertaining a pick 6 would have been, it's not his job.

Lynched, I see you're out of the doghouse. How long are you going to last this time??

Comment

Working...
                                X