No announcement yet.

Clayton calls Broncos "Pretenders".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make no mistake, the Broncos ARE pretenders, and their season will end in disappointment unless they can contimue to build on what they did as a defense last Sunday.

Their defense is the key. If they can improve on what they started last week, they will be right there in the mix come playoff time.

They have some good tests coming up, starting Sunday with Jacksonville. Then New England, who has something to prove, and then games against a suddenly very physical set of teams in Atlanta and Miami.

So we will all know what we need to in a few weeks.

On a side note, I just watched the Broncos highlights on Showtimes 'Inside The NFL', and the defense, led by Dre Bly, singled out Slowik in the locker-room, and Shanahan did the same, and gave Bob the game ball.

What has impressed me is that I really think the Broncos players like Slowik, and they play extremely hard for him. Once they get his system down, and add some more talent, they should get better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco View Post
      Aww...come on, Clayton picked the Raiders to be better and win more games than us...
      LMAO..... Thats right, he did say that
      Co-founders of the

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        what level of play? was he good? I'm sure most played HS ball.. but I'm talking something higher level. I guess considering how small Shula was, and it seems like he was coaching for 80 years.... I never thought him to actually play.
        NFL I'll try to find a link. But yeah little guy. Anyway point taken, you don't have to be an athlete to know the strategy of sports.

Here is the info on Shula

Playing career
        In 1951 Shula signed with the Cleveland Browns, but rarely got on the field. On March 26, 1953, he was traded to the Baltimore Colts in what was, at that time, the largest NFL player trade ever made, involving 15 players. The Colts traded T Mike McCormack, DT Don Colo, LB Tom Catlin, DB John Petitbon, and G Herschell Forester to the Browns for Shula, DB Bert Rechichar, DB Carl Taseff, LB Ed Sharkey, E Gern Nagler, QB Harry Agganis, T **** Batten, T Stu Sheets, G Art Spinney, and G Elmer Willhoite. Shula and Taseff were teammates at John Carroll, with the Browns and with the Colts.

Shula played with Baltimore for four seasons before finishing his playing career with the Washington Redskins. In his seven NFL seasons, Shula played in 73 games, intercepted 21 passes and also recovered four fumbles.

sigpic
        \

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco View Post
          Aww...come on, Clayton picked the Raiders to be better and win more games than us...
          Exactly, at the end of the day all he can do is sit around and speculate. The Raiders, really? Sure they looked nice and pretty on the roster, but what were you thinking Clayton?

And yes Ravage, the next two weeks are huge for us. The defense obviously has question marks. The point of my post was to vent some steam from studying and hate on John Clayton. I can't stand Clayton and I have no respect for the man. He put my team down so let em have it. We have a lot of question marks (about 9 of them on defense), but we have a fantastic coach and a high powered offense. Pretenders? It's all speculation. All that matters is how the Denver Bronco's roster comes to play on Sunday, all we can do is sit back, watch and enjoy the show.

If our defense steps up, if we can put pressure on the quarterback and stop the run game... We could do glorious things. We just don't know yet. Nobody does.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
            Make no mistake, the Broncos ARE pretenders, and their season will end in disappointment unless they can contimue to build on what they did as a defense last Sunday.

Their defense is the key. If they can improve on what they started last week, they will be right there in the mix come playoff time.

They have some good tests coming up, starting Sunday with Jacksonville. Then New England, who has something to prove, and then games against a suddenly very physical set of teams in Atlanta and Miami.

So we will all know what we need to in a few weeks.

On a side note, I just watched the Broncos highlights on Showtimes 'Inside The NFL', and the defense, led by Dre Bly, singled out Slowik in the locker-room, and Shanahan did the same, and gave Bob the game ball.

What has impressed me is that I really think the Broncos players like Slowik, and they play extremely hard for him. Once they get his system down, and add some more talent, they should get better and better.
            Most people think you're a pretender Broncos fan. When they are at 4-1 and you say the things you way how can you debate them?

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
              And yes Ravage, the next two weeks are huge for us. The defense obviously has question marks. The point of my post was to vent some steam from studying and hate on John Clayton. I can't stand Clayton and I have no respect for the man. He put my team down so let em have it. We have a lot of question marks (about 9 of them on defense), but we have a fantastic coach and a high powered offense. Pretenders? It's all speculation. All that matters is how the Denver Bronco's roster comes to play on Sunday, all we can do is sit back, watch and enjoy the show.

If our defense steps up, if we can put pressure on the quarterback and stop the run game... We could do glorious things. We just don't know yet. Nobody does.
              Exactly right. I mean...if we lose to the Jags this week....... I think we will all know that the chances are we are pretenders. However if we win, then we take a good step forward into being contenders. So this is a big game for us, imo. A real test, despite how much the Jags are struggling. This game is just as important to them, so there is no holding back from either side.

But going INTO this season, I don't think there were very many of us that 'truly' felt this team was going to make a BIG run into the playoffs anyway. Now I thought we would win 10, and make it TO the playoffs.... but never really winning once there. Now I'm not sure which way to lean yet. I didn't think our offense would be this potent. The OL is much better... but our DEFENSE is much worse than I had imagined it to be. So Like so many giving us a grade of 'pretender'.... I'm still on the fence because of our defense.

Comment

We have a lot of question marks (about 9 of them on defense),
                And two exclamation points!!...Champ and DJ.

sigpic
                \

Comment

**** john clayton. that **** face is like one of the ugliest people reporting sports. ugly people dont have the right to form opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7XtBv94pE

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    Exactly right. I mean...if we lose to the Jags this week....... I think we will all know that the chances are we are pretenders. However if we win, then we take a good step forward into being contenders. So this is a big game for us, imo. A real test, despite how much the Jags are struggling. This game is just as important to them, so there is no holding back from either side.

But going INTO this season, I don't think there were very many of us that 'truly' felt this team was going to make a BIG run into the playoffs anyway. Now I thought we would win 10, and make it TO the playoffs.... but never really winning once there. Now I'm not sure which way to lean yet. I didn't think our offense would be this potent. The OL is much better... but our DEFENSE is much worse than I had imagined it to be. So Like so many giving us a grade of 'pretender'.... I'm still on the fence because of our defense.
                    I agree with each sentence you have written. I however, do believe we will take JAX down, and make that step towards a serious play off team. I feel like our defense can only get better. I could see this happening, and I couldn't care less what the crypt keeper has to say about it. Seems like I know more about the Denver Broncos than any analyst has to say... they don't know every player on the roster, but I do. We get no love. No one cares for us, and you can bet John Clayton hasn't dedicated the same amount of time thinking of the Denver Broncos as half of the posters on here.

Comment

I agree with each sentence you have written. I however, do believe we will take JAX down, and make that step towards a serious play off team. I feel like our defense can only get better. I could see this happening, and I couldn't care less what the crypt keeper has to say about it. Seems like I know more about the Denver Broncos than any analyst has to say... we get no love. No one cares for us, and you can bet John Clayton hasn't dedicated the same amount of time thinking of the Denver Broncos as half of the posters on here.
                      absolutely. It would seem this interview was made before the Tampa game.... because it wasn't even mentioned at all.. nor was the Chargers loss to miami. Which makes me wonder when this was taped.

Comment

Don't have to agree with him, but the fact is, Clayton is arguably the most respected NFL analyst out there. He's right far more often than wrong and he's the4 only NFl analyst out there right now who actually has logical arguments to back up his opinions.

You don't have to agree with him. I don't and think he's wrong on this one, but don't start trashing the guy because he "disrespects" your team by opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          Don't have to agree with him, but the fact is, Clayton is arguably the most respected NFL analyst out there. He's right far more often than wrong and he's the4 only NFl analyst out there right now who actually has logical arguments to back up his opinions.

You don't have to agree with him. I don't and think he's wrong on this one, but don't start trashing the guy because he "disrespects" your team by opinion.
                          yeah but he's funny looking. its hard to take his opinions seriously

Comment

The little geek lives here in Seattle, so he's on the local cry & whine station frequently. Prior to the season, he was asked which teams he thought were going to do poorly, and without hesitation he said:

"Denver, I think they're going to be pretty bad"

At the time I considered making a thread about those comments here, but thought better of it (though I did blog about it elsewhere).

I still can't get over how ESPN and the media has portrayed the final minute of that Charger game. They never ever mention that San Diego DID get the ball back, and seem to want to skip over the fact that we scored two passing touchdowns to win.

And Gramatica...christ. That's reaching, isn't it? They would have been up by one point with 1:20 left. Do your research, twerp!

If if if, coulda woulda shoulda. John Clayton is a nerdy little tool.
                            sigpic

TZ

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                              Most people think you're a pretender Broncos fan. When they are at 4-1 and you say the things you way how can you debate them?
                              Call me a 'pretender' Bronco fan if you like...I couldn't care less...

Do you all get special name tags, or have a secret handshake or somehthing?

WHO CARES?!

Being a "true fan" may be the most useless qualification in all of sports.

My money spends the same as all of yours, and that is really all the Broncos care about with regard to their 'fans' to begin with.

Comment

the same guy who said the 49ers were contenders laster year?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X