Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clayton calls Broncos "Pretenders".

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Call me a pretneder Bronco fan if you lie...I couldn't care less...

    Do you all get special name tags, or have a secret handshake or somehthing?

    WHO CARES?!

    Being a "true fan" may be the most useless qualification in all of sports.
    Does who all? Did I say you were a pretender. My point is they are 4-1, if anything they have to lose a few before you can claim they ARE pretenders as a fact. You like to pretend your opinion is fact, I'll say that much.


    :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
      yeah but he's funny looking. its hard to take his opinions seriously
      The dude knows football.

      He took 2 years of being bashed by other analysts, most notably Sean Saulsbury(who Clayton basically got fired btw), because he firmly backed up Cutler as being not only the best QB in the class, but an emerging future star in the NFL.

      John Clayton: "Jay Cutler will not only be the best QB in that class, but he has future NFL star written all over him."

      Sean Saulsbury: "Don't tell me about QB's, I played the position, cryptkeeper."

      John Clayton: ....and that's why I'm getting all the beautiful women..."

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
        Does who all? Did I say you were a pretender. My point is they are 4-1, if anything they have to lose a few before you can claim they ARE pretenders as a fact. You like to pretend your opinion is fact, I'll say that much.
        I really don't know how you can say that. I thought Denver should beat
        Tampa Bay, and I posted as much. That is my entire point. They have been 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 6-1 even 7-2 before, and still finished 9-7 or worse.

        What will they do this year?

        All I am saying here is that the Broncos could EASILY lose to Jacksonville and New England, and go into the BYE at 4-3, unless they can continue to improve on defense, which they did last week. So I am giving them credit for improvement....can they keep it up?

        Or will they once again do the Shanny fade?

        We will know in about five weeks.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          wow.. I didn't know you had to be an athlete to know sports. Interesting. How many sports do you suppose Bill Parcells played, or Bill Belicheck? I'm pretty sure Bill Walsh wasn't an athlete.... nor Shula. Hmmm... interesting indeed.

          You guys know you are going to hurt mojo's and tned's feelings with that kind of attitude.
          Bill Parcells played high school football at River Dell Regional High School in Bergen County, New Jersey.[3] He was a linebacker at the University of Wichita (now Wichita State) and was actually drafted by the Detroit Lions,

          Walsh started his career as a running back for Hayward High School in Hayward.[1]

          Following high school, Walsh attended San Mateo Junior College for two years as a quarterback. He then transferred to San José State, where he played as a tight end and a defensive end. He also participated in intercollegiate boxing.

          Belichick was born in Nashville, Tennessee, and raised in Annapolis, where his father Steve Belichick, a former Detroit Lions player and ethnic Croat, was an assistant football coach at the United States Naval Academy. After graduating from Annapolis High School he attended Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts for a postgraduate year. Belichick subsequently attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut where he played center/tight end. In addition to being a member of the football team, he also played lacrosse and squash,

          Shula signed with the Cleveland Browns, but rarely got on the field. On March 26, 1953, he was traded to the Baltimore Colts in what was, at that time, the largest NFL player trade ever made, involving 15 players. The Colts traded T Mike McCormack, DT Don Colo, LB Tom Catlin, DB John Petitbon, and G Herschell Forester to the Browns for Shula, DB Bert Rechichar, DB Carl Taseff, LB Ed Sharkey, E Gern Nagler, QB Harry Agganis, T **** Batten, T Stu Sheets, G Art Spinney, and G Elmer Willhoite. Shula and Taseff were teammates at John Carroll, with the Browns and with the Colts.

          Shula played with Baltimore for four seasons before finishing his playing career with the Washington Redskins. In his seven NFL seasons, Shula played in 73 games, intercepted 21 passes and also recovered four fumbles.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            Bill Parcells played high school football at River Dell Regional High School in Bergen County, New Jersey.[3] He was a linebacker at the University of Wichita (now Wichita State) and was actually drafted by the Detroit Lions,

            Walsh started his career as a running back for Hayward High School in Hayward.[1]

            Following high school, Walsh attended San Mateo Junior College for two years as a quarterback. He then transferred to San José State, where he played as a tight end and a defensive end. He also participated in intercollegiate boxing.

            Belichick was born in Nashville, Tennessee, and raised in Annapolis, where his father Steve Belichick, a former Detroit Lions player and ethnic Croat, was an assistant football coach at the United States Naval Academy. After graduating from Annapolis High School he attended Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts for a postgraduate year. Belichick subsequently attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut where he played center/tight end. In addition to being a member of the football team, he also played lacrosse and squash,

            Shula signed with the Cleveland Browns, but rarely got on the field. On March 26, 1953, he was traded to the Baltimore Colts in what was, at that time, the largest NFL player trade ever made, involving 15 players. The Colts traded T Mike McCormack, DT Don Colo, LB Tom Catlin, DB John Petitbon, and G Herschell Forester to the Browns for Shula, DB Bert Rechichar, DB Carl Taseff, LB Ed Sharkey, E Gern Nagler, QB Harry Agganis, T **** Batten, T Stu Sheets, G Art Spinney, and G Elmer Willhoite. Shula and Taseff were teammates at John Carroll, with the Browns and with the Colts.

            Shula played with Baltimore for four seasons before finishing his playing career with the Washington Redskins. In his seven NFL seasons, Shula played in 73 games, intercepted 21 passes and also recovered four fumbles.
            OK, what about Charlie Weiss??

            Comment


            • #36
              My favorite line of Clayton putting Salisbury in line.....

              Salisbury: "Hey, I've played 10 years in the NFL...."

              Clayton: "and you still only have 2 more starts than me.."

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by MindField View Post
                I really don't know how you can say that. I thought Denver should beat
                Tampa Bay, and I posted as much. That is my entire point. They have been 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 6-1 even 7-2 before, and still finished 9-7 or worse.

                What will they do this year?

                All I am saying here is that the Broncos could EASILY lose to Jacksonville and New England, and go into the BYE at 4-3, unless they can continue to improve on defense, which they did last week. So I am giving them credit for improvement....can they keep it up?

                Or will they once again do the Shanny fade?

                We will know in about five weeks.
                I can agree to a point. But its true for any team in this part of the season. I believe you have to prove a negative, so for me that means this team has to prove its a pretender before it IS a pretender.

                I think its funny you say they could easily lose, surely you see that as a spin to make your argument. Any team in the NFL could EASILY lose. The agitive is just unnecessary.


                :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

                Comment


                • #38
                  This guy is a PUTZ he picked the DOLTS to be a contender!! Cough (BS) Cough

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    at the end of the season we will be saying "do they believe us now"- tom jackson 1977

                    but john E.T. Clayton can kiss my ass

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by MindField View Post
                      OK, what about Charlie Weiss??
                      I was just about to mention him

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Dbroncosfan View Post
                        I was just about to mention him
                        ..or how about the KU coach?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                          ..or how about the KU coach?
                          He eats football players.......



















                          ......for breakfast.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Clayton's just another pseudo-Expert talking head who is having a hard time letting go of the media darlings. The common thread this year, in the media, is this growing idea that a team has to play flawless or they are not for real. Just look at the stupidity going on where Dallas is concerned. Of course, when a player gets into a fight with his own security detail.....

                            Anyway....Denver has had some breaks, but you know, they put themselves in position to be able to take advantage of those breaks. Luck is part of the game.

                            I think the light came on with the defense, and if they start playing even "good" we will be very dangerous. And the nice thing about that is that it will be fun to watch these media monkeys try to make excuses for Denver's success.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Ya ESPN hate's Denver..

                              Put John Clayton is a idiot and seems to me he's always been a Denver Bronco hater which is sad.

                              He picked San Diego ahead of us this year
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The comment by Clayton that really took me off guard is that he said San Diego are fine because they have an easy schedule. Huh? Hmm, they play Denver again, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Buffalo, and New England. Oakland gave them trouble last time and they have to face them again, and New Orleans are competitive at least(though San Diego should beat the Saints). Outside of Kansas City twice what's so easy about their schedule?

                                The media has never been critical of San Diego though, they gush over their talent year after year and always fail to recognize that they have always been a pretender. The defense relies too much on getting sacks, the Safeties have never been good, the kicker is a choker, the QB is far from elite, Antonio Gates can't block, the Linebackers aren't great in coverage, Chris Chambers mirrages aside they still don't have standout Wide Receivers, Lorenzo Neal and Michael Turner are gone, and this year Merriman is gone and LT hasn't looked so great. The Chargers have a lot of talent, but they're not GREAT anywhere. That's a sign of a pretender.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X