Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    The dude knows football.

He took 2 years of being bashed by other analysts, most notably Sean Saulsbury(who Clayton basically got fired btw), because he firmly backed up Cutler as being not only the best QB in the class, but an emerging future star in the NFL.

John Clayton: "Jay Cutler will not only be the best QB in that class, but he has future NFL star written all over him."

Sean Saulsbury: "Don't tell me about QB's, I played the position, cryptkeeper."

John Clayton: ....and that's why I'm getting all the beautiful women..."
    lol how did he get him fired? I think clayton's alright. Rather listen to him than keyshawn johnson talking crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
      You know who is a pretender? John Clayton. Don't listen to that dope. He pretends to be a respected sports analyst, the truth is men across America laugh at his childish yet synonymously old man features. People throw him in the dirt all the time. That man doesn't have an athletic bone in his body so forget what he says. I say the Denver Broncos are perhaps the most dangerous offense in the NFL which means we are not playing around.

Does Jay Cutler play around? No!!! (Bad example, Jay plays around on the gridiron all the time.) But ask defensive coordinators around the league and they will tell you come the Sunday when they play the Denver Broncos that Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Scheffler, Stokley and that offensive line are not a laughing matter.

John Clayton on the other hand, is.
      uuuu.. dude you dont have to have a physical talent to understand the game of football.
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
        Ya ESPN hate's Denver..

Put John Clayton is a idiot and seems to me he's always been a Denver Bronco hater which is sad.

He picked San Diego ahead of us this year
        well if i was a betting man i would have too.
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

John Clayton is one of the dumbiest analyst on TV. Dallas is eveyone's pick to win the Superbowl but what are the difference between Dallas and Denver. They have a better running game and are more balanced offensively but we are far more better in the passing game. They give up just as many point per game as we do; I believe they are third. They gave up major point to teams that are not picked to do anything. We gave up those points to San Diego everyone's pick for the AFC once Brady got injured and the Saints also a really good offensive squad. This is supposed to be a SB team but we are not. I'm not trying to compare Denver to Dallas but just trying to illustrate the no nonsense some of these analysts project. We are definitely a playoff team and should win our division. I still believe to be a elite team our defense must continue to improve and need to get better quality at RB. John Clayton is a joke!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well once he praises us again everyone will be like ya go Clayton!

I like John Clayton, when I lived in Washington he had his own show saturday mornings on the local sports show.

I like him, he is a pretty smart guy and knows a lot about football.

I would be skeptical too if I wasn't a Bronco fan.

Once the defense shows more consistent play then everyone will start coming around to us.
            Last edited by bronc_fan23; 10-09-2008, 06:22 AM.
            sigpic
            DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

I like how everyone starts bringing up his looks just because he didn't proclaim Denver as a superbowl team. Name two analysts less bias than him on ESPN. He continually comes prepared and rarely messes up.

Comment

Who here gives a crap about what that receding hair mofo has to say?
                Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

What's the big deal?

You guys have been calling us 'pretenders' for years.

Comment

well.. I got to be honest. I"m still not convinced we aren't. These next two games will tell a lot about our team. But ONE good defensive game against 4 bad ones, hasn't change my completely about our defense.

If we lose these next two, then its obvious we are. If we win these next two, we aren't. If we split, it seriously could go either way depending on how we win and how we lose.

So lets be honest, we are a "on the fence" team as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
                      What's the big deal?

You guys have been calling us 'pretenders' for years.
                      Yeah, but did the All-Time Leader in Receptions at Churchhill Area High School call your team a pretender?

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
                        John Clayton is one of the dumbiest analyst on TV. Dallas is eveyone's pick to win the Superbowl but what are the difference between Dallas and Denver. They have a better running game and are more balanced offensively but we are far more better in the passing game. They give up just as many point per game as we do; I believe they are third. They gave up major point to teams that are not picked to do anything. We gave up those points to San Diego everyone's pick for the AFC once Brady got injured and the Saints also a really good offensive squad. This is supposed to be a SB team but we are not. I'm not trying to compare Denver to Dallas but just trying to illustrate the no nonsense some of these analysts project. We are definitely a playoff team and should win our division. I still believe to be a elite team our defense must continue to improve and need to get better quality at RB. John Clayton is a joke!!!!!!!!!
                        He's the dumb one?

Comment

Are you referring to me??

Comment

why is everyone so pissed and bent outta shape for clayton calling the broncos pretenders and not contenders

id hope that shanahan himself is telling the team that they arent contenders, yet... they havent proven anything going 4-1 so far... the broncos could very easily lose some of these close games if the D and O dont come together as a team....

this past game the D did play a better game but still need to improve each and every week... the O needs to stay consistant and not let off the gas petal...

this is not a bad thing to call the broncos pretenders so far...

as ravage!!! stated these next few games will show what the broncos are made outta... hopefully we can walk away with some wins...

i wont call the broncos contenders until the playoffs start and we are in it

also its crazy to think that just because you dont play sports you dont know jack about it... :2cents:
                            Last edited by saltybuggah; 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM.
                            sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

All I know is that my dad and I call John Clayton "That guy who wears dress socks in gym class." That's pretty much my opinion of John Clayton.

Comment

Everytime ESPN knocks denver or doesn't even mention denver (remmember the 3 minute drill for past 2 MNF games, we were the only game not shown), we seem to play better. So let them say whatever they want, we will play better. Analysing football takes some knowledge, but all in all it's a bunch of opinions and if it actualy comes true, it's almost always lucky. The way you get noticed as an analyst is if you make bold predictions that sometimes come true. If Denver goes to the superbowl, no one will remember his comments. If they choke and become a 'pretender', Clayton now looks like an amazing analyst.

As for Charlie Weiss (He is atypical among NCAA Division I head football coaches, as he did not play football at the college level. Weis is one of only four such coaches, with Mark Mangino at Kansas, Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech, and Mike Leach at Texas Tech.[citation needed])

Comment

Working...
                                X