Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jay Cutler in the wrong organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Starting threads complaining about other fans who complain about Jay seems a bit ridiculous. Fans are going to complain and criticize him because that's what fans do when the quarterback played badly or made a few bad plays that contributed to a loss. Let's just hope that Jay learns from his mistakes and makes better decisions in the future that lead to wins.
    I agree. It's just as ridiculous as people starting threads about "being concerned" about Cutler's development because he had 2 bad games.

And please, nobody argue the, "he was lucky to get away with it in the other games", because that's garbage. The fine line in the NFL between good/bad, literally, is actually making the plays with bad results, or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      Jay is a loser and we should trade the bum immediately.

Stupid Shanny. What was he thinking by drafting this clown.

Quoted for the truth.........college and NFL

You said it not me

Comment

• Originally posted by RAWDOGG View Post

You said it not me
        Keep your crap in the smack... thats where you belong.. k?

Comment

• Originally posted by RAWDOGG View Post

You said it not me
          Says the man whose team is coached by Norvell Turner

Comment

• Lucky this isn't a paper world anymore, because our threads would be eliminating forests (mine included)

With respect to Mr. Jay Cutler, The Broncos and the Bronco fans. Can you imagine what it would be like if we woke up tomorrow and were still looking for our future QB? But we will wake up, and we will have one of the best QBs in the league. And he will continue to make mistakes, the silly man. And if you haven't noticed, every game played in the NFL is full of imperfection - interceptions, fumbles, bad decisions, dropped passes, poor tackling, etc.... Gosh, Eli sucked last night, and so did the Giants, so they should be eliminated from the playoffs......along with the Redskins and the Cowboys. They all lost to lesser teams. Their QBs made mistakes. They're done. As far as that goes, once the Titans lose, there won't be anybody making the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Lucky this isn't a paper world anymore, because our threads would be eliminating forests (mine included)

With respect to Mr. Jay Cutler, The Broncos and the Bronco fans. Can you imagine what it would be like if we woke up tomorrow and were still looking for our future QB? But we will wake up, and we will have one of the best QBs in the league. And he will continue to make mistakes, the silly man. And if you haven't noticed, every game played in the NFL is full of imperfection - interceptions, fumbles, bad decisions, dropped passes, poor tackling, etc.... Gosh, Eli sucked last night, and so did the Giants, so they should be eliminated from the playoffs......along with the Redskins and the Cowboys. They all lost to lesser teams. Their QBs made mistakes. They're done. As far as that goes, once the Titans lose, there won't be anybody making the playoffs.
              That would be funny. Sorry.. playoffs cancelled this season due to lack of qualified teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                Keep your crap in the smack... thats where you belong.. k?

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                Says the man whose team is coached by Norvell Turner
                It is pretty sad the poor Charger fan can't recognize sarcasm.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sacklunch View Post
                  I think the only thing Mojo is disputing is that he WAS playing like an Elite quarterback for the first 3 games of the season. He wasn't staring down Marshall and wasn't overlooking open receivers. He WAS taking what the defense was giving him and making plays and WAS a lot more accurate.

In the past 3 games he HAS been struggling and staring down Marshall and missing open receivers etc.

He is analyzing his current play and his current play hasn't been what it was the first 3 weeks. We have high expectations now because of what he was doing earlier in the season.

Granted he was missing a lot of weapons in the last game i.e. Scheffler, Royal etc. but he still has a ton of time to find the right target. The offensive line has been amazing and not going through your progressions is unacceptable. He needs more time in the film room and realize that sometimes throwing the ball as hard as you can doesn't mean it's going to go through a defender and Marshall will catch it.

Sure a dominate running game might help him out, but that doesn't change the fact that he's throwing some seriously risky balls (the pass to Martinez and Marshall's comeback never should have left his hand).

No one is disputing his physical attributes but its his decision making that has become questionable over the last couple of weeks when earlier in the season he wasn't making as many mistakes. I'm more than willing to go through the growing pains but what has caused Cutler to regress somewhat is the question.
                  NFL defensive coordinators, it's that simple imo, I think ups and downs are normal for an NFL QB because DC's are so good.

I think people read too much into a bad game......

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    I'm not calling you out per say, but I am using this as an example.

This is why the concepts of "I'm not counting him out yet", or "Jay needs to start showing signs of improvement" are retarded when thinking about Cutler.

Matt Ryan has only had a few good games, but must continue that to be a great QB. But Cutler, who has 2, maybe 3 bad games, and all of a sudden we need to be concerned that he isn't developing?

And that's the truth. He played a great game against SD, and had a couple bad plays. Every QB makes a couple bad plays. Cutler isn't a robot. He played a great game against Oakland. He played a very well managed game against a great turnover forcing defense against TB. He played a very good game against NO, with the exception of some bad throws. Drew Brees made some bad throws that game too. Maybe he isn't developing either.

2 bad games, and all of a sudden Jay Cutler's play is a concern?

GTFOH
                    I don't think you're calling me out because I'm not saying that anything less than perfection and a 158.3 QB rating is acceptable around here. I've already said that mistakes are going to happen regardless of his first year or 10th, this is a very competitive league. I never said I'm counting him out yet and or that I ever would.

Nor did I say that because of 3 poor games that we are in trouble at QB and need to find a replacement. I'm also not worried about his progression or how his career will pan out in Denver because of said 3 games. I think Cutler is the long term answer for this franchise, absolutely.

However, I can objectively watch the play his play at QB and compare it to his previous performances and look for differences. This is all I've been saying. Yes, I know defenses change week to week and each game brings a different challenge and no one can demand constant perfection through a season.

It would be different for me if he was facing constant blitzing or if his offensive line wasn't giving him protection, and granted he was missing the majority of his weapons out there to help him out, which would explain a lot of the inconsistencies that he's been showing as of late. However his line has been amazing and giving him plenty of time to throw and seems like his on field awareness is being clouded because he already has decided where the ball is going to go before the ball is snapped.

I don't think that he is going to regress and become Ryan Leaf. It doesn't match his character and he's a competitor and doesn't let a lot stick with him (diabetes, opponents, mistakes etc.) But why wouldn't you at least question why he has looked less comfortable playing the past few weeks and making poorer decisions than he did in the first 3 weeks, surprises me. If you can't at least tell me that he hasn't like the same quarterback as the pre-season of weeks 1 through 3 then we'll be at this all day.

I think Cutler will be great for the short and long term. I would just to see a little more patience and make the defense respect all receivers that go out for a pattern then knowing that on 3rd down he's going to Marshall or Stokley. He has all the physical tools, the mental part and defensive reads are what I'm saying needs improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      NFL defensive coordinators, it's that simple imo, I think ups and downs are normal for an NFL QB because DC's are so good.

I think people read too much into a bad game......
                      Very well may be the case indeed. They've recognized tendencies and have adjusted accordingly. I'm not trying to fume the flames of change or demand heads on a pike, I am only questioning what might be the differences on the offensive side.

Comment

• nice post!

Comment

Very well may be the case indeed. They've recognized tendencies and have adjusted accordingly. I'm not trying to fume the flames of change or demand heads on a pike, I am only questioning what might be the differences on the offensive side.
                          Understood.

Among other things, he needs to stop Bird-dogging his target, imo, he's an open book sometimes, but just like his footwork has improved significantly, so will the rest of his game.

This is normal growing pains for a QB, imo, teams are adjusting to him, he needs to adjust to them and learn to stay a step ahead of them. I don't think he's getting worse, I think teams are playing him better......

Comment

• Originally posted by MJBronco View Post
                            nice post!
                            Hey Thanks!!!!

Comment

I am only questioning what might be the differences on the offensive side.
                              Getting a feared running game would be a start, and having your #2-#4 favorite targets back healthy would be good too.

Pittman was very good Sunday, hopefully he can keep it up to where defenses will have to respect the running game again. Because right now, they are not.

I'm hoping Torain is what we think he is, that will be a huge step foward for the offense, and less pressure on Cutler to be perfect. If he isn't, I hope the Broncos get a physical, punishing RB in the draft. Someone who can beat up and wear down defenses, beat them into submission. With that one piece, the offense would be unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X