Worst Defense in Team history and no deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Defense in Team history and no deals

How can we stand still and have one of the worst defenses in the league and not make a move. Who would have thought that five years after the notorious trade of Portis for champ we would have the 31st ranked pass defense. Simple we have no pass rush. None zip Dummervil one sack come on guys. Can we officially call Moss a bust. When will the Broncos make a move for a proven pass rusher. Has everyone including Shannahan forgetton about his original recipe for sucess - a strong defensive line Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Trevor Pryce, Geathers when will the brass of the Broncos realize it takes a pass rush otherwise you could have Deion Sanders playing oppositie of champ and we still would suck. Oh yeah and what happened to our history of safeties. We have not had strong safety play since Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater teamed up. Come on Shannahan make a move this year for some proven defensive help otherwise we will just be another average team.

who did you think we would sign?? Seriously.

Not to mention.. we ar NOT a serious contender this year. WHY would you want to trade away draft picks for a guy that MIGHT help a team that isn't going anywhere anyway? If the guy is good, ... the teams that have him aren't going to trade him away 6 games into the season.

hell.. the Chiefs didn't even trade away Tony G.

If you REALLY thought the Broncos were going to make some kind of trade for a player that would REALLY be able to help this season... then you were the one that was just fooling yourself and had high hopes over nothing. Thats something you shouldn't do... get high hopes for something that doesn't make sense. It just causes unreasonable disappointment.

Comment

oh boy, here goes Rav again

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Defense wins

We can have all of the offense in the world but if they are pressured to score every time they touch the ball we will never be a contender. They could have picked up Mcargo for a fourth round draft choice I believe we have a couple of those. In addition they history proves they are better at signing defense than drafting it when was the last time they picked a proven pass rusher. Dummervil does not count if you think he is a pass rusher he has only one sack. What about Little from the Rams. Hell from the appearance any NFL defensive lineman is better than what we have.

Comment

Again.... why this year? We aren't serious contenders.. why waste the picks? Whats the purpose for players that other teams don't want? Do you really think that this marco guy would "change" our defense? You think he's that kind of impact player? Come on.

Its just not the time for us to be making these kind of trades. Thats why you see MAYBE one trade a year at this time. This one for Williams is one of the biggest I can remember this kind of year.

Marco is what you think we should have done? This is the BIG trade that would have made our defense contenders??? No.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            oh boy, here goes Rav again
            dude.. the LAST person that should be saying ANYTHING like this is YOU. Believe me....

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              dude.. the LAST person that should be saying ANYTHING like this is YOU. Believe me....
              you have your little rants every day...kind of like daily PMSing

sigpic

Comment

you have your little rants every day...kind of like daily PMSing
                its a rant to express an opinion.. (when the OP was a silly rant) yet you want to post 10 threads a day... yeah.. trust me, your opinion on this has absolutely NOOOO clout whatsoever.

Comment

Draft or trade

We all know Shannahan is not the best at the draft and we would improve if there was a deal to be made. They could have made some conversation guess we would not know any way. In addition as long as we are an average team it is doubtful we will get a high enough pick to select an impact pass rusher, therefore, we are better off making a deal.

Comment

its a rant to express an opinion.. (when the OP was a silly rant) yet you want to post 10 threads a day... yeah.. trust me, your opinion on this has absolutely NOOOO clout whatsoever.
                    quite honestly, I have the brain to not post on threads where the OP has a silly rant....which doesn't seem to be true for you

you're always on the prowl for some silly posts or posts that you disagree with, and then you attack the person until they give up...it's pretty sick if you ask me....

I've got some friendly advice....STOP DOING IT

or get your daily PMS treated

sigpic

Comment

who did you think we would sign?? Seriously.

Not to mention.. we ar NOT a serious contender this year. WHY would you want to trade away draft picks for a guy that MIGHT help a team that isn't going anywhere anyway? If the guy is good, ... the teams that have him aren't going to trade him away 6 games into the season.

hell.. the Chiefs didn't even trade away Tony G.

If you REALLY thought the Broncos were going to make some kind of trade for a player that would REALLY be able to help this season... then you were the one that was just fooling yourself and had high hopes over nothing. Thats something you shouldn't do... get high hopes for something that doesn't make sense. It just causes unreasonable disappointment.
                      Oh c'mon Rav, didn't you know that Denver was supposed to trade away everything for Peppers, Reed and Suggs? Who cares about the future when you can mortgage it to get whoever you want?

Comment

quite honestly, I have the brain to not post on threads where the OP has a silly rant....which doesn't seem to be true for you
                        you're always on the prowl for some silly posts or posts that you disagree with, and then you attack the person until they give up...it's pretty sick if you ask me....

wow you are a hypocrit! You made the SAME kind of thread and want to call THIS one "silly"?

If people didn't want their posts responded to, they wouldn't post here (of all people YOU should know the 'need' to have people respond to your thread rants). I mean.. aren't you the one that was calling people out in your threads?? Weren't you the one that continued to tell people how stupid they were for disagree with you in a post..thus NEEDED to make an entire thread about it??

You don't have the "brain" do do anything that impresses anyone, so get off your imaginary high-horse.

If people didn't respond to "silly" threads or posts.. NO ONE would post in your moronic and mind-numbing threads. You are the epitomy of the attention hungry child that can't stop making threads so that people actually READ your thoughts.

I've got some friendly advice for you....cutie.... STOP DOING IT!!
                        Last edited by Ravage!!!; 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

You guys need to chill out, sometimes i wonder if people have too much time on these boards

Comment

Dude, shut up.....

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                              Oh c'mon Rav, didn't you know that Denver was supposed to trade away everything for Peppers, Reed and Suggs? Who cares about the future when you can mortgage it to get whoever you want?

Its the fantasy football / Madden Football mentality I think. "I need someone, so lets see who's on the "waiver wire" and make a move.

I think its the same thing that causes the impatience that we see as well. Teams can't develop players anymore. They have to be great right now, or they are busts and "regressing" in their play. Lets trade and find someone else. Lets get the "training points" and put them on that player so that he improves that skill.... lets go to the player editor and make him better.

Comment

Working...
                              X