Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    wow you are a hypocrit!

If people didn't want their posts responded to, they wouldn't post here (of all people YOU should know the 'need' to have people respond to your thread rants). I mean.. aren't you the one that was calling people out in your threads?? Weren't you the one that continued to tell people how stupid they were for disagree with you in a post..thus NEEDED to make an entire thread about it??

You don't have the "brain" do do anything that impresses anyone, so get off your imaginary high-horse.

If people didn't respond to "silly" threads or posts.. NO ONE would post in your moronic and mind-numbing threads. You are the epitomy of the attention hungry child that can't stop making threads so that people actually READ your thoughts.

I've got some friendly advice for you....cutie.... STOP DOING IT!!
    Cutie? Sorry Rav but I don't roll that way

and if I'm not mistaken, I'm not the one who picks on people just because they have a comment/question which isn't interesting or is provokative. I'm not trying to impress anybody, I'm just sick and tired of YOU! Every single freakin day right under your username is crap, crap, and more crap.

If you're just going to put people down all day, why post? Get a life...this is supposed to be a social, friendly environment...not a place where bullies as yourself can pick apart every single aspect of someones posts...

You need to get your facts straight...nobody is stupid to voice their opinion...and I only called somebody out once (he knows who he is and I apologized to him)
    you call a persons post out EVERY FREAKIN DAY!

....get a clue

For the record, I've never had 10 threads in one day

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      Dude, shut up.....
      I don't see why I'm the only one that should shut up though B4...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        Because, you started the crap in this thread for no reason.

I'm the only one whose allowed to start crap....

Comment

I didn't insult the op.. you did. I didn't start crap.. you did.

Do you know the definition of hypocrite? <-----

Comment

Because, you started the crap in this thread for no reason.

I'm the only one whose allowed to start crap....
            ??????

I started it?

of course...you're the only one allowed to start crap...hence the "shut up" command

sigpic

Comment

I didn't insult the op.. you did. I didn't start crap.. you did.

Do you know the definition of hypocrite? <-----
              A Hypocrite:
              a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives

Hypocrisy (or being a hypocrite) is the act of pretending to oppose a belief or behaviour while holding the same beliefs or behaviours at the same time.

I never insulted the OP, you did...that's why I said "oh boy, here he goes again"

sigpic

Comment

??????

I started it?

of course...you're the only one allowed to start crap...hence the "shut up" command
                Post 3.....

Comment

Post 3.....
                  which was in response to Ravage acting like a smart (you know what) to the OP...but whatever it's over

quit starting crap like you always do

sigpic

Comment

which was in response to Ravage acting like a smart (you know what) to the OP...but whatever it's over

quit starting crap like you always do
                    u crazy Badger

sigpic

Comment

GL47 and Rav... Are you guysw married? If not you must be siblings... cause you guys sound like my kids...."you started it".. "No you did". I am just waiting for one of you to say that you are telling mom.

Anyway... rav is right who is out there? Do you really want a 10 game rental whose contract is up after the season? Besides that what player will turn is D respectable? One pass rusher isnt going to do it. Even if it does. If this unbelievable DE that can turn around a D is avalible... What would it take to get him? People on the boards like to thik that are garbage has value (Foxy, Moss, Paymath). No one wants them cause they are trash. So should we gut our draft? For who Peppers. Last time I checked he had 2 sacks... No really lighting the world on fire. This D is just going to have to learn to win with the talent (or lack there of) that it has.

BTW- remember after the 06 season when we had a trade worked out the the Giants. Al wilson for Justin Tuck and a 4th. This board was up in arms about what a bad trade that would have been...... But Al failed his physical and the rest is history.... How sweet would that trade have been?
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

who did you think we would sign?? Seriously.

Not to mention.. we ar NOT a serious contender this year. WHY would you want to trade away draft picks for a guy that MIGHT help a team that isn't going anywhere anyway? If the guy is good, ... the teams that have him aren't going to trade him away 6 games into the season.

hell.. the Chiefs didn't even trade away Tony G.

If you REALLY thought the Broncos were going to make some kind of trade for a player that would REALLY be able to help this season... then you were the one that was just fooling yourself and had high hopes over nothing. Thats something you shouldn't do... get high hopes for something that doesn't make sense. It just causes unreasonable disappointment.
                        I agree . Maybe he meant we could trade All our D players for say Baltimore's and throw in our cheerleaders to sweeten the pot.
                        Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

I am with Ravage on this one.

Who could we possibly get that could give the defense a 180 degree turn around?

The amount of pick and or player that we would have to give would not ammount to anything, it would be a step backwards.

Defense will be built up through the draft, and believe Shanny will do a great job.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642564

Why aren't there more trades in the NFL? It's a fair question, but not an easy one to answer. There are some obvious reasons more trades don't happen, but there also are some more complicated ones that might be overlooked by the average fan. It makes it so moves like Roy Williams being traded from Detroit to the Cowboys is more the exception than the rule.

Here are the biggest factors that keep more teams from making deals.

The salary cap. Finding a trade partner might seem simple enough for a team with a desirable or gifted player who, for whatever reason, simply no longer is a good fit. But making the numbers work under the cap often is an extremely complex problem that can be far more trouble than it's worth, especially when considering in-season trades. Because of prorated signing bonuses and salary accelerations, taking on a player with multiple years left on his contract can severely limit a franchise's flexibility to sign (or re-sign) players in the future. And by the time the regular season rolls around, many clubs don't have enough room under the cap to take on even the last few months of a significant contract.

Free agency and the draft. Since 1993, when the league went to a truly free market, player movement has increased and trades haven't been as necessary. Why bother haggling with another team over a single player when there's a deep pool of available options to choose from every offseason? And because a team willing to part with a talented, high-character player with a favorable contract situation usually is in rebuilding mode, the price often is steep: draft picks. In today's NFL, draft picks are gold. Teams simply aren't willing to give up a primary source of affordable labor. (After the top picks, the NFL draft actually works pretty efficiently, moneywise.)

And because a team's fortunes can turn on one nasty hit, it's impossible to know what kind of pick (or picks) a club is getting or giving up in any deal. What looks like a high second-round pick today may turn out to be a low second-rounder on draft day if your trade partner happens to have a run of bad luck.

Finding a taker. We all like to put on our GM hat from time to time, but most of the trade scenarios that get bounced around at the watercooler or on talk radio are long shots. NFL personnel men tend to be very cautious of situations that involve taking on another team's unwanted player, no matter how valuable an asset that player might appear to be. Because of the amount of information available nowadays, an interested team is bound to find negatives when scouting a potential target. And because today's trade game is more about pay than play, few personnel men are willing to risk compromising their cap to take on some other club's problem.

The system. Those who believe more in-season NFL trades could and should happen often point to last year's deal that sent Miami WR Chris Chambers to San Diego. And it was a great deal, for both teams -- but it was also a perfect storm that is hard to re-create. Chambers had become a luxury for a bad Dolphins club, and injuries had created a need that the receiver could fill for the Chargers. San Diego, a loaded team that believed it was just one player away, was willing to pay the cost of a second-round pick (which the team correctly anticipated would come at the end of the round). The cap numbers worked. Easy, right?
                            But what sealed the deal was Chambers' familiarity with coach Norv Turner's schemes. The two had previously worked together in Miami, so Chambers was familiar with Turner's terminology and passing tree. Also, the trade was pulled off on the Tuesday before San Diego's bye week, allowing Chambers to get acclimated to his new surroundings and get up to speed with any changes in the offense. Maybe it wasn't exactly a once-in-a-lifetime swap, but the chances of circumstances falling into place that open up a flood of similar trades are slim to none.

The position. It's critical. This isn't basketball or baseball, where one-on-one play or smaller games within the games frequently determine outcomes. In the NBA, you find a way to fit a guy who scores 25 points a night into your lineup. There's position flexibility in basketball, and smaller rosters mean a star player can make a greater impact. Some of that also applies to baseball, where a front-line pitcher can step in and play for a new team without missing a beat. But how does that translate in the NFL? Usually it doesn't. Can, say, a defensive tackle move between similar 4-3 schemes during the season and have an impact? Maybe. But can a quarterback move to a new team in Week 7, pick up a new scheme, establish a rhythm with his receivers and immediately take over a leadership role? Impossible. Folks hoping to see Browns backup QB Brady Quinn playing in another uniform this season are dreaming.

Depth. Though a critical injury can open the door for an NFL trade, teams are reluctant to deal for the same reason. One injury can compromise a team's depth at a position. Two can ruin it. Should the Raiders deal one of their trio of talented running backs, as has been rumored lately? It makes some sense on paper, but what happens if you deal RB Michael Bush and something happens to RB Darren McFadden? Now only an injury to creaky RB Justin Fargas stands between a productive running game and a weekly game plan that relies on the arm of inexperienced QB JaMarcus Russell. Things change too quickly in the NFL. Taking chances with your depth is playing with fire.

Morale. It's difficult enough to sign a player in the offseason and give him what he needs -- mostly time -- to adapt to his new surroundings. But trade for a player during the season, and you risk disrupting chemistry -- an important aspect of any NFL club. And what about the team that deals away a high-profile player? What message does it send to the guys in the locker room he leaves behind? If players believe management is packing it in, or if a restless fan base senses ownership giving up on a season, things can get ugly very fast.

The dynamics of any potential NFL trade are going to be complex, and now the decision-making process brings even more cooks into the kitchen. When I arrived in the league, a trade discussion involved the owner, coach, GM and maybe a few personnel men. It was a small room. Now? You have cap gurus, agents, vice presidents of player personnel, directors of football operations … the list goes on. And the chances of someone offering an opinion that winds up shooting down the whole deal are raised.

In the end, most teams crave the kind of financial and roster flexibility the draft and free agency provide. The NFL trade market isn't dead, but most clubs have plenty of reasons to avoid it like the plague.

Scouts Inc. watches games, breaks down film and studies football from all angles for ESPN.com.

Article that pretty much explainswhy trades really dont happen in the NFL mid season.
                            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                              BTW- remember after the 06 season when we had a trade worked out the the Giants. Al wilson for Justin Tuck and a 4th. This board was up in arms about what a bad trade that would have been...... But Al failed his physical and the rest is history.... How sweet would that trade have been?
                              Man.. I forgot that was Tuck! Can you imagine that trade? Amazing how close things come when you don't even realize it.

Comment

Theres no one available as has been stated already. Teams arent just looking to unload a quality player like the Lions who probably knew they wouldnt resign Williams anyway so they dealt him. No one worth it was available, and I really dont think the players are an issue at this point. They're all playing pretty well with the exception of a couple of our safties() but people dont understand that the Albert Haynesworths and other assorted prolific D linemen werent born over 12 games. It takes a year, sometimes two or 3. People look at the Pats and assume they just went out, traded for a bunch of guys in the offseason and won 3 superbowls. No. That was a carefully built and maintained team for 2 or 3 years pre-brady. Look at the Colts, it took them 4 years of building that defense before it became good enough to win a championship, and they didnt constantly change DC's every year. We had consistent success on defense when Coyer was here and allowed to build his defense with personel that he liked, if Slowik can do the same maybe we'll have a consistently good enough to defense to win alot of games. I understand the want to win now, but people lets be real. Giving up draft picks to get one guy who may or may not get us over the hump is foolish.

The Broncos can contend with this defense, its getting better every week, as long as the offense shows up this team can win and win consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X