X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImaBroncosFan
    replied
    Originally posted by crash View Post
    We all know Shannahan is not the best at the draft and we would improve if there was a deal to be made. They could have made some conversation guess we would not know any way. In addition as long as we are an average team it is doubtful we will get a high enough pick to select an impact pass rusher, therefore, we are better off making a deal.
    Why do people keep saying this? We've had some of our best drafts these last few years and you still get people who act like he can't draft worth crap. In case you haven't noticed most of our star players were drafted by Shanahan. I'd rather not waste picks on a player who most probably won't help out long term.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
    Theres no one available as has been stated already. Teams arent just looking to unload a quality player like the Lions who probably knew they wouldnt resign Williams anyway so they dealt him. No one worth it was available, and I really dont think the players are an issue at this point. They're all playing pretty well with the exception of a couple of our safties() but people dont understand that the Albert Haynesworths and other assorted prolific D linemen werent born over 12 games. It takes a year, sometimes two or 3. People look at the Pats and assume they just went out, traded for a bunch of guys in the offseason and won 3 superbowls. No. That was a carefully built and maintained team for 2 or 3 years pre-brady. Look at the Colts, it took them 4 years of building that defense before it became good enough to win a championship, and they didnt constantly change DC's every year. We had consistent success on defense when Coyer was here and allowed to build his defense with personel that he liked, if Slowik can do the same maybe we'll have a consistently good enough to defense to win alot of games. I understand the want to win now, but people lets be real. Giving up draft picks to get one guy who may or may not get us over the hump is foolish.

The Broncos can contend with this defense, its getting better every week, as long as the offense shows up this team can win and win consistently.
    Great post cp coming your way!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Cutie? Sorry Rav but I don't roll that way

and if I'm not mistaken, I'm not the one who picks on people just because they have a comment/question which isn't interesting or is provokative. I'm not trying to impress anybody, I'm just sick and tired of YOU! Every single freakin day right under your username is crap, crap, and more crap.

If you're just going to put people down all day, why post? Get a life...this is supposed to be a social, friendly environment...not a place where bullies as yourself can pick apart every single aspect of someones posts...

You need to get your facts straight...nobody is stupid to voice their opinion...and I only called somebody out once (he knows who he is and I apologized to him)
    you call a persons post out EVERY FREAKIN DAY!

....get a clue

For the record, I've never had 10 threads in one day
    Actually I can vouch that this post is a lie anyone can go to a majority of my threads and see you being a negative nancy all day long so give it up and personally i hope you mess up running your mouth to the wrong person and get perma banned that is JMHO!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bjohnson1969
    replied
    Who have we drafted defensively that has made a difference defensively? I'm not saying to give up all the draft picks but who have we drafted that is making a impact on this team? I simply asked the question should we not have made a move before the deadline? I look at what we drafted this year defensively and read everyone's post concerning the Larsen, Williams, and Barret pick ups and how much they will help this team. My point that any player that we draft unless we are able to draft somone who will come in and make a impact will be a 2 to 3 year duration before they are really able to contribute. I agree that we can get value from the draft but looking at our drafts concerning defensive players, I'm not that hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
    Its understood that we are a rebuilding team but are we to rebuild the entire team on draft picks? I don't think you can rebuild any team on strictly young players or through the draft. I believe if there is a chance to get a player like Peppers, you make a trade. Who in the projected 2009 draft will be a dominant player like Peppers? I'm not saying he was available and was just using him as an example. Trading picks for a proven dominant player is not a bad thing especially with us having a horrible defense and no playmakers. Who is to say we are not or could not make a push for the Superbowl especially with the AFC being wide open?? Brady is out for the year, San Diego is not that dominant team everyone thought they would be, and the Colts are not consistent and dealing with injuries. I believe with our offense and adding some pieces before the trade deadline which is gone we could have been a force. We have not done well in recent years on evaluating talent in the draft so why not make a move and give the defense a shot in the arm. Shanny can't draft defensive players, so why does everyone think this year will be any different???? I don't get it!

Draft + FA. You may trade some veterans to get younger as well when rebuilding. You don't go trading away your draft while rebuilding.

If we where to trade a player instead, who exactly are we going to trade? Who has value to another team that wouldn't kill this team to lose them?

BTW, Shanny has drafted great since the Goodmans have been in charge of scouting. The one year in there that wasn't absolutely fantastic since 2006 is the 2007 draft that he gave mostly to Bates. Personally, I am willing to wait and see if the great drafting continues and not look at 8 years ago to decide if they are good at drafting.

Leave a comment:

• bjohnson1969
    replied
    Its understood that we are a rebuilding team but are we to rebuild the entire team on draft picks? I don't think you can rebuild any team on strictly young players or through the draft. I believe if there is a chance to get a player like Peppers, you make a trade. Who in the projected 2009 draft will be a dominant player like Peppers? I'm not saying he was available and was just using him as an example. Trading picks for a proven dominant player is not a bad thing especially with us having a horrible defense and no playmakers. Who is to say we are not or could not make a push for the Superbowl especially with the AFC being wide open?? Brady is out for the year, San Diego is not that dominant team everyone thought they would be, and the Colts are not consistent and dealing with injuries. I believe with our offense and adding some pieces before the trade deadline which is gone we could have been a force. We have not done well in recent years on evaluating talent in the draft so why not make a move and give the defense a shot in the arm. Shanny can't draft defensive players, so why does everyone think this year will be any different???? I don't get it!

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    We are a rebuilding team. You can't exactly continue rebuilding if you trade away all of your picks...

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    I'm just sick and tired of YOU! Every single freakin day right under your username is crap, crap, and more crap.
    Here's a handy little feature if you're sick of reading his posts. It's called "ignore". You can click on anyones username, and put them on your ignore list. That way, their posts are blocked out and you no longer have to be "sick" reading them. I have several people on my ignore list. You're very close to being the next.

As far as the OP's issue, look what Dallas had to give up for Roy Williams! A 1, 3, AND a 6!!! For the caliber of player needed to turn around the defense overnight (I would argue that type of a player probably has more value than Roy Williams), are you that willing to mortgage the future?? Dallas built a dynasty by trading away Hershcel Walker for Minnesota's draft, and built their dominating team of the 90's on that draft. I have a feeling Dallas is going to regret this trade very, very much. I'm glad the Broncos held on to their picks!

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I think this Broncos team is a work in progress, we have built our offense up to be a top 10 offense in the NFL for some time, all we need is a true RB!

I would rather save all of our draft picks, and just overkill the D-Line, MLB, and Safety spots in the draft and maybe sign a big-time FA at DE.

I can honestly say I expect nothing more than a 10-6 or 11-5 season out of these guys, maybe a play-off win or 2. But this is not a Super Bowl team, we are a year or 2 away.

Our main goals next offseason should be getting a true franchise type RB and overloading on defense, oh yeah, and once again a new DC and scheme, because I truly don't think it is the players as much as it is the scheme. Why in the hell Champ is not locked up on teams #1 reciever is beyond me!

Leave a comment:

• stargazer
    replied
    Originally posted by crash View Post
    How can we stand still and have one of the worst defenses in the league and not make a move. Who would have thought that five years after the notorious trade of Portis for champ we would have the 31st ranked pass defense. Simple we have no pass rush. None zip Dummervil one sack come on guys. Can we officially call Moss a bust. When will the Broncos make a move for a proven pass rusher. Has everyone including Shannahan forgetton about his original recipe for sucess - a strong defensive line Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Trevor Pryce, Geathers when will the brass of the Broncos realize it takes a pass rush otherwise you could have Deion Sanders playing oppositie of champ and we still would suck. Oh yeah and what happened to our history of safeties. We have not had strong safety play since Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater teamed up. Come on Shannahan make a move this year for some proven defensive help otherwise we will just be another average team.
    This isn't basketball, baseball or hockey.

The team is building through the draft. I don't recall any young good defense player on the block.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

who did you think we would sign?? Seriously.

Not to mention.. we ar NOT a serious contender this year. WHY would you want to trade away draft picks for a guy that MIGHT help a team that isn't going anywhere anyway? If the guy is good, ... the teams that have him aren't going to trade him away 6 games into the season.

hell.. the Chiefs didn't even trade away Tony G.

If you REALLY thought the Broncos were going to make some kind of trade for a player that would REALLY be able to help this season... then you were the one that was just fooling yourself and had high hopes over nothing. Thats something you shouldn't do... get high hopes for something that doesn't make sense. It just causes unreasonable disappointment.
    Chiefs were stupid and for KC fans they better hope that moronic GM gets fired after the season. They were offered a 3rd rounder for Gonzo and that is a helluva deal for a future HOF TE on the downside of his career.

As for the Broncos not making a deal, a trade involves 2 teams. Gotta have someone to trade with. Can't just go out trading with yourselves for imaginary friends. It is obvious no deals were done because no teams were in the market to trade defensive players.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Axe
    replied
    What's just as disturbing is the fact that they only have TWO int.'s so far this year!! TWO!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheCombatWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by draco193 View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642564

Article that pretty much explainswhy trades really dont happen in the NFL mid season.
    Great read, I feel like that deserves a thread of its own

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    Cutie? Sorry Rav but I don't roll that way

and if I'm not mistaken, I'm not the one who picks on people just because they have a comment/question which isn't interesting or is provokative. I'm not trying to impress anybody, I'm just sick and tired of YOU! Every single freakin day right under your username is crap, crap, and more crap.

If you're just going to put people down all day, why post? Get a life...this is supposed to be a social, friendly environment...not a place where bullies as yourself can pick apart every single aspect of someones posts...

You need to get your facts straight...nobody is stupid to voice their opinion...and I only called somebody out once (he knows who he is and I apologized to him)
    you call a persons post out EVERY FREAKIN DAY!

....get a clue

For the record, I've never had 10 threads in one day

Holy Lord God Almighty.....are you having a contest with yourself to see if you can break the record for the most stupid frickin coffee smiley things in one post? Goodness.....

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Theres no one available as has been stated already. Teams arent just looking to unload a quality player like the Lions who probably knew they wouldnt resign Williams anyway so they dealt him. No one worth it was available, and I really dont think the players are an issue at this point. They're all playing pretty well with the exception of a couple of our safties() but people dont understand that the Albert Haynesworths and other assorted prolific D linemen werent born over 12 games. It takes a year, sometimes two or 3. People look at the Pats and assume they just went out, traded for a bunch of guys in the offseason and won 3 superbowls. No. That was a carefully built and maintained team for 2 or 3 years pre-brady. Look at the Colts, it took them 4 years of building that defense before it became good enough to win a championship, and they didnt constantly change DC's every year. We had consistent success on defense when Coyer was here and allowed to build his defense with personel that he liked, if Slowik can do the same maybe we'll have a consistently good enough to defense to win alot of games. I understand the want to win now, but people lets be real. Giving up draft picks to get one guy who may or may not get us over the hump is foolish.

The Broncos can contend with this defense, its getting better every week, as long as the offense shows up this team can win and win consistently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X