Shanny compares our "D" with the Colts SB "D"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanny compares our "D" with the Colts SB "D"

No, I'm not bashing Shanny this time. I'm just saying. lol. We always start out good then we end up missing the playoffs. We waited, waited, and waited too late last year before finally making moves starting to weened out some of those defensive guys that didn't work out but it was too late. This year? Shanny compares our defense to the Colts the year they won the Super Bowl and had the worst run defense in the league to start the season. I think he forgot they did make one little move and got a big little guy back before there defense improved greatly against the run and overall. I'll remind him and you guys of what happen. Also, I'll point out how that will hurt us. First Shanny said in an interview, "look at the Indy Colts when they had the worst defense against the run and overall in the league and they got better as the year went on. Ok. Our biggest needs are DT and Safety. Well, remember they traded for big run stopper Booger McFarland from Tampa Bay and got Bob Sanders back from injury and that's when the defense started to improve greatly. Also they had two great undersized pass rushers on the ends (think if we would have traded for Leonard Little). It wasn't because they continued to play together and got better. They got key people in key postions where we are lacking key players. We have one good pass rusher who is double teamed and the rest f the guys can't beat single blockers. If we had two good pass rushers? Hmm. Could we have found a run stopper, pass rusher, or good safety before the trading deadline? Yea. Do we have a Bob Sanders or anything like him coming back from injury to help this defense? No. There we go, so don't compare this underachieving unit to the defense of the Colts Super Bowl year. The same could happen this year with the Colts. The Colts have a terrible defense against the run again, so they traded for John McCargo (run stopper) and will be getting Bob Sanders back from injury soo. The point is you can't expect a defense to all of a sudden get better just because. We did this last year with the "give them time stuff" til what happen? They never got better and we started shiping and moving any and everybody. Like I always say, you can't win Super bowls today with two slow starting safties. Did you see the play that MJD had and Mcree couldn't catch him from an angle and the even slow Larry Johnson could not be caught by Mcree or Manuel on the first long run until Champ ran him down. We should traded for OJ Atowge from the Rams who are rebuilding. We don't even need a playmaking safety just a smart, fast safety who can play the deep on both sides and the corners can show just how great they are in Bly and Champ. Also, with that safety being able to do that...the other safety can play closer to the line and underneath for picks and stopping the run. Since we didn't trade for OJ, lets start the fast, smart, safety on our roster even thought he's young and let him do the same Jay Cutler did...learn on the fly. That safety is Rogerick Rodgers not Josh Barrett. If you look at the preseason film, then you'd know what I'm talking about. The guy is very disicipline and did let himself or any of the corners on the field get beat deep when he was in the game. Why do you think Jack was able to go for and make those picks in those games. He had a guy who was over the top and stay in good position so he could take that gamble. Play Rodgerick Rogers! I'm not saying our defense is terrible but we need those key players in place. Our offense is great but last year's super bowl showed that a great defense is better than a great offense. NYG had what? Great pass rushers, good and fast safeties who allowed the very average DBs to make plays on the ball because played the deep well, and they were able to stop the run. Do you get it? Never mind the name.

You have some interesting ideas but they get lost in this wall of words. Use paragraphs. It will make it easier and more inviting to read.

Since I don't watch practice, I have no idea whether Rodgers is the answer or if we have anyone who can get it done. However, it is time to be looking.

The defense is broken and ignoring it won't help.
    Last edited by Dean; 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

there is an edit button at the bottom of the post. If you could maybe go back and seperate the paragraphs i can read it better. and you accidentally posted the same thread twice the same Edit button will allow you to delete the other one. But I really can't read it the sentences are too close, If you can fix it i definitely would like to see what it says thx.

Comment

There, I split it up a little bit so you guys would read it

Originally posted by FireShanahan View Post
        No, I'm not bashing Shanny this time. I'm just saying. lol. We always start out good then we end up missing the playoffs.

We waited, waited, and waited too late last year before finally making moves starting to weened out some of those defensive guys that didn't work out but it was too late. This year? Shanny compares our defense to the Colts the year they won the Super Bowl and had the worst run defense in the league to start the season.

I think he forgot they did make one little move and got a big little guy back before there defense improved greatly against the run and overall. I'll remind him and you guys of what happen. Also, I'll point out how that will hurt us. First Shanny said in an interview, "look at the Indy Colts when they had the worst defense against the run and overall in the league and they got better as the year went on."

Ok. Our biggest needs are DT and Safety. Well, remember they traded for big run stopper Booger McFarland from Tampa Bay and got Bob Sanders back from injury and that's when the defense started to improve greatly. Also they had two great undersized pass rushers on the ends (think if we would have traded for Leonard Little). It wasn't because they continued to play together and got better. They got key people in key postions where we are lacking key players.

We have one good pass rusher who is double teamed and the rest f the guys can't beat single blockers. If we had two good pass rushers? Hmm. Could we have found a run stopper, pass rusher, or good safety before the trading deadline? Yea. Do we have a Bob Sanders or anything like him coming back from injury to help this defense? No. There we go, so don't compare this underachieving unit to the defense of the Colts Super Bowl year.

The same could happen this year with the Colts. The Colts have a terrible defense against the run again, so they traded for John McCargo (run stopper) and will be getting Bob Sanders back from injury soo. The point is you can't expect a defense to all of a sudden get better just because.

We did this last year with the "give them time stuff" til what happen? They never got better and we started shiping and moving any and everybody.

Like I always say, you can't win Super bowls today with two slow starting safties. Did you see the play that MJD had and Mcree couldn't catch him from an angle and the even slow Larry Johnson could not be caught by Mcree or Manuel on the first long run until Champ ran him down. We should traded for OJ Atowge from the Rams who are rebuilding. We don't even need a playmaking safety just a smart, fast safety who can play the deep on both sides and the corners can show just how great they are in Bly and Champ. Also, with that safety being able to do that...the other safety can play closer to the line and underneath for picks and stopping the run.

Since we didn't trade for OJ, lets start the fast, smart, safety on our roster even thought he's young and let him do the same Jay Cutler did...learn on the fly. That safety is Rogerick Rodgers not Josh Barrett. If you look at the preseason film, then you'd know what I'm talking about. The guy is very disicipline and did let himself or any of the corners on the field get beat deep when he was in the game. Why do you think Jack was able to go for and make those picks in those games. He had a guy who was over the top and stay in good position so he could take that gamble. Play Rodgerick Rogers!

I'm not saying our defense is terrible but we need those key players in place. Our offense is great but last year's super bowl showed that a great defense is better than a great offense. NYG had what? Great pass rushers, good and fast safeties who allowed the very average DBs to make plays on the ball because played the deep well, and they were able to stop the run.

Do you get it? Never mind the name.

I don't agree with everything you say, because to make the trades to make us a long shot potential contender this year would have put a pretty hefty mortgage on our futuare, however, I did enjoy your post and thought it was well worth the read...

Regardless of the name

Comment

He once (favorably) compared Brian Griese to Joe Montana as well...

But, hey, HE IS the Mastermind, right?

Comment

HOLY WALL OF TEXT!

next time dont use punctuation or spaces that would be so cool~

Comment

I actually still hold out hope our defense will pull an indy and come back from the bye strong and take us all the way. Am I saying it's likely to happen? Of course not, but one can certainly hope.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow!! I almost wasn't going to read this until someone broke it up a bit.

I understand the complaints of not going out and getting somebody to help the D. But what you have to keep in mind is that you can't just go out and get anybody you want. Pretty much all the good safeties and DTs aren't going to be on the trade block.

You mention Sanders and how he helped the Colts' D and how we should've gone out and found at least a decent safety via trade. Well there aren't really any safeties out there that would justify giving up future draft picks. And if they did trade for a safety, do you really believe that it would make that much of a difference on this D this year?

Comment

No, I'm not bashing Shanny this time. I'm just saying. lol. We always start out good then we end up missing the playoffs. We waited, waited, and waited too late last year before finally making moves starting to weened out some of those defensive guys that didn't work out but it was too late. This year? Shanny compares our defense to the Colts the year they won the Super Bowl and had the worst run defense in the league to start the season. I think he forgot they did make one little move and got a big little guy back before there defense improved greatly against the run and overall. I'll remind him and you guys of what happen. Also, I'll point out how that will hurt us. First Shanny said in an interview, "look at the Indy Colts when they had the worst defense against the run and overall in the league and they got better as the year went on. Ok. Our biggest needs are DT and Safety. Well, remember they traded for big run stopper Booger McFarland from Tampa Bay and got Bob Sanders back from injury and that's when the defense started to improve greatly. Also they had two great undersized pass rushers on the ends (think if we would have traded for Leonard Little). It wasn't because they continued to play together and got better. They got key people in key postions where we are lacking key players. We have one good pass rusher who is double teamed and the rest f the guys can't beat single blockers. If we had two good pass rushers? Hmm. Could we have found a run stopper, pass rusher, or good safety before the trading deadline? Yea. Do we have a Bob Sanders or anything like him coming back from injury to help this defense? No. There we go, so don't compare this underachieving unit to the defense of the Colts Super Bowl year. The same could happen this year with the Colts. The Colts have a terrible defense against the run again, so they traded for John McCargo (run stopper) and will be getting Bob Sanders back from injury soo. The point is you can't expect a defense to all of a sudden get better just because. We did this last year with the "give them time stuff" til what happen? They never got better and we started shiping and moving any and everybody. Like I always say, you can't win Super bowls today with two slow starting safties. Did you see the play that MJD had and Mcree couldn't catch him from an angle and the even slow Larry Johnson could not be caught by Mcree or Manuel on the first long run until Champ ran him down. We should traded for OJ Atowge from the Rams who are rebuilding. We don't even need a playmaking safety just a smart, fast safety who can play the deep on both sides and the corners can show just how great they are in Bly and Champ. Also, with that safety being able to do that...the other safety can play closer to the line and underneath for picks and stopping the run. Since we didn't trade for OJ, lets start the fast, smart, safety on our roster even thought he's young and let him do the same Jay Cutler did...learn on the fly. That safety is Rogerick Rodgers not Josh Barrett. If you look at the preseason film, then you'd know what I'm talking about. The guy is very disicipline and did let himself or any of the corners on the field get beat deep when he was in the game. Why do you think Jack was able to go for and make those picks in those games. He had a guy who was over the top and stay in good position so he could take that gamble. Play Rodgerick Rogers! I'm not saying our defense is terrible but we need those key players in place. Our offense is great but last year's super bowl showed that a great defense is better than a great offense. NYG had what? Great pass rushers, good and fast safeties who allowed the very average DBs to make plays on the ball because played the deep well, and they were able to stop the run. Do you get it? Never mind the name.
                  My eyes feel like burning!!!!

Comment

Ever heard of a paragraph?

Comment

I started to read your post..........then my eyes went crazy.........break it up a little next time

Comment

If our defense was just like this text, we would be fine because I'm having a hard time to read it.
                        sigpic

Comment

No, dont break it up, keep it like it is, go against the grain, be differant, the only thing that i would sugest you change is next time dont use periods, force people to bend to your will and read a massive, unending sentance from hell! Throw some third grade spelling in there and sit back and watch people have nervous breakdowns and panic attacks while responding to your post
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

The Colts had Bob Sanders coming back from injury at the end of the season to solidify their defense. Who's coming back for the Broncos?

Comment

Originally posted by pollaxt View Post
                              The Colts had Bob Sanders coming back from injury at the end of the season to solidify their defense. Who's coming back for the Broncos?
                              Al Wilson?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X