Is Week 7 Champ's time to shine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Week 7 Champ's time to shine?

Think about it, Cassel is quite inexperienced and only a few really good plays have come out of him. But what did he do a few weeks ago? Bomb the ball to Moss.

Cassel doesn't know about the power of Champ Bailey that has yet to be unleashed. He'll only know when he attempts another bomb to Welker or Moss and get it picked off by our own #24.

Considering we rank last in pass defense, Belichek will encourage Cassel to be aggressive but it will ultimately fail.

Time to unleash the Champ.

sigpic

It worked last week cuz SD put a ton of pressure on Cassell and he got flustered and panicked, thus making bad decisions.

It can happen only if we put pressure.......wouldn't count on it though

Comment

so week 7 is when we get a pass rush? Thats the only way our defense will shine.

Comment

Jammer pretty much shut down Moss, i am sure Bailey should as well........I still think they will run over you though

Comment

History shows that the best pass vs. #24 is a deep one. Preferably a "go" route or a double move down the sidelines. If Cassel's gonna go at Moss, he'll probably try to hit him deep.

On the other hand, if Champ is only covering the right half, they might go ahead and switch Moss wide left, since I'd take Moss over Bly/Jack Williams and either one of our starting safeties anyday.
          Last edited by Lomax; 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Moss isn't even trying anymore. He is probably just trying to conserve himself for next year LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
              Think about it, Cassel is quite inexperienced and only a few really good plays have come out of him. But what did he do a few weeks ago? Bomb the ball to Moss.

Cassel doesn't know about the power of Champ Bailey that has yet to be unleashed. He'll only know when he attempts another bomb to Welker or Moss and get it picked off by our own #24.

Considering we rank last in pass defense, Belichek will encourage Cassel to be aggressive but it will ultimately fail.

Time to unleash the Champ.

Well to be honest in my Opinion Champ has been shining!!! Not in the INT Department of course. But San Diego game he had an Int, In the KC game he Upended LJ and forced a Fumble, And in the Tampa Game he Drilled Griese. But yeah I definitely want to see him get an INT and take it to the House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artamentous View Post
                Moss isn't even trying anymore. He is probably just trying to conserve himself for next year LOL
                I actually noticed he doesnt give as much effort to go up and catch the ball.

Its like he opens up his arms and trys to catch it like he is half asleep lol

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                  Well to be honest in my Opinion Champ has been shining!!! Not in the INT Department of course. But San Diego game he had an Int, In the KC game he Upended LJ and forced a Fumble, And in the Tampa Game he Drilled Griese. But yeah I definitely want to see him get an INT and take it to the House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  and not only that he made some huge plays against jax last week, he was in on several big stops (which in the end meant nothing at all but it's the effort that counts....)
                  sigpic

Comment

other teams need to start throwing the ball to champ more.

Comment

Why pass and risk an interception when you can just run it down our throats and thus keep Cutler and co. off the field. kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                        Why pass and risk an interception when you can just run it down our throats and thus keep Cutler and co. off the field. kill two birds with one stone.
                        Cuz that's when Champ runs in and forces a fumble.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
                          Cuz that's when Champ runs in and forces a fumble.
                          Rather impressive stat that Champ has only been thrown at 10 times all year and this is coming up on week 7. With only 10 passes coming his way I can understand why he hasnt exactly lit up the league with interceptions..lol.

Comment

Man, I really hope that some of you are right about him getting some pics this game. He really needs to. I know he has been a heck of a player this year, but Bly also needs to come alive. Champ is going to be on Moss, Bly is on who?

Look to see them run the ball though, hope we can stop the dam run!
                            Don't Panic!

Comment

Champ has been outstanding all year... His worst game was SD and that was a WIN.
                              he's been solid.
                              I doubt New England will not try to go at Champ... It's just so smart, Not to throw the ball in his direction.
                              Last edited by rockreptile; 10-16-2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: add word

Comment

Working...
                              X