Food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for thought

I just finished reading the blog from Dumerville on our main page. I was stunned to see the attacks leveled at him and the entire defense. Everything from saying we need to get rid of Bly to someone even telling Doom that they thought he was taking the easiest side to rush on each time and trying to go up against the weakest O-lineman and that he needed to be a team leader and go up against the toughest one and let one of the newer guys have the weaker opponent.

One of the things a defense has to do is gel as a unit, and in order to do that and gain an identity on defense they have to believe not only in themselves but in the scheme of the D-coordinator. I can understand questions being asked of Doom or even perhaps suggestions being made, but to undermine the confidence of a player in himself, his team mates, and the defensive system is counter productive regardless of how you look at it.

If they come in here and read the message boards thats one thing. If they pick up the paper and read whatever the sportswriters are saying thats fine as well. I just can't believe that when one of our own players is willing to take the time to write a blog and keep us updated, answer questions etc, that we take that opportunity to go into attack mode against him.

Am I happy with the way our team is playing? Nope, there are aspects in every part of the game that they need to improve on. Whether it be tackles on special teams, securing the ball on offense, or creating pressure on defense, there are things to be improved on.

I'm more than happy to be on these boards and have a place to talk with other fans and share our concerns, worries, irritation, and yes, our triumphs as well. I just think those that respond to players blogs need to think before they start typing, if for no other reason than to keep themselves from looking like idiots.

One of the problems with boards, blogs, forums, ect. like these is that their openness allows people to disreguard common decency and creates a atmosphere of entitlement. Instead of exchanging information and ideas they become the sounding boards for every whimsicle thought and feeling without consideration or disgression to their audience (I am lion, here me roar). But, such is life.

Irony indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
      One of the problems with boards, blogs, forums, ect. like these is that their openness allows people to disreguard common decency and creates a atmosphere of entitlement. Instead of exchanging information and ideas they become the sounding boards for every whimsicle thought and feeling without consideration or disgression to their audience (I am lion, here me roar). But, such is life.

Irony indeed.
      true, yet another sad commentary on the state of human affairs

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
        I just finished reading the blog from Dumerville on our main page. I was stunned to see the attacks leveled at him and the entire defense. Everything from saying we need to get rid of Bly to someone even telling Doom that they thought he was taking the easiest side to rush on each time and trying to go up against the weakest O-lineman and that he needed to be a team leader and go up against the toughest one and let one of the newer guys have the weaker opponent.

One of the things a defense has to do is gel as a unit, and in order to do that and gain an identity on defense they have to believe not only in themselves but in the scheme of the D-coordinator. I can understand questions being asked of Doom or even perhaps suggestions being made, but to undermine the confidence of a player in himself, his team mates, and the defensive system is counter productive regardless of how you look at it.

If they come in here and read the message boards thats one thing. If they pick up the paper and read whatever the sportswriters are saying thats fine as well. I just can't believe that when one of our own players is willing to take the time to write a blog and keep us updated, answer questions etc, that we take that opportunity to go into attack mode against him.

Am I happy with the way our team is playing? Nope, there are aspects in every part of the game that they need to improve on. Whether it be tackles on special teams, securing the ball on offense, or creating pressure on defense, there are things to be improved on.

I'm more than happy to be on these boards and have a place to talk with other fans and share our concerns, worries, irritation, and yes, our triumphs as well. I just think those that respond to players blogs need to think before they start typing, if for no other reason than to keep themselves from looking like idiots.

Yeah, I feel sorry for these guys.

I mean a group of guys who make multi-million dollars that us fans overpay for and they have to take heat from us.

The defense is a joke all together, we have the players, they just are not performing, I would KILL to make that much money just to go out there and watch a RB blow by me the whole game, I'm sorry Elvis, you don'tdeserve this!

Are you kidding me, we pay the majority of these guys salaries, we should be able to say what we want, and the way our D has played this year, they should expect the heat, sorry, that's just how I feel!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

I mean a group of guys who make multi-million dollars that us fans overpay for and they have to take heat from us.

The defense is a joke all together, we have the players, they just are not performing, I would KILL to make that much money just to go out there and watch a RB blow by me the whole game, I'm sorry Elvis, you don'tdeserve this!

Are you kidding me, we pay the majority of these guys salaries, we should be able to say what we want, and the way our D has played this year, they should expect the heat, sorry, that's just how I feel!
          Sheesh I can't wait for the opportunity to work for you someday.

I see this argument all the time that because somebody makes X amount of money that they deserve whatever they get. Good people deserve decency regardless of how much or how little they earn. Anything else is just petty.

If you don't feel they earn your fan money then guess what? You don't have to spend it. But please don't think that buying a jersey gives you the right to act like a twit.

Comment

Well I am sure since they are personal attacks that the COC will be Inforced it is just another punk Kid on Mommy an Daddy's Computer showing No Respect!!! Karma Sucks They will soon find out!!!!!!

Just like this Kid tried to take out a kid on a bike by hitting him with a Door!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqkm8NFsVlQ&NR=1
            Last edited by BroncosRockdaRockies; 10-16-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
              Well I am sure since they are personal attacks that the COC will be Inforced it is just another punk Kid on Mommy an Daddy's Computer showing No Respect!!! Karma Sucks They will soon find out!!!!!!

Just like this Kid tried to take out a kid on a bike by hitting him with a Door!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Sj8hQ-x9M

Not to get off topic, but that video was crazy... karma is a...
              There goes the franchise...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqkm8NFsVlQ&NR=1

Yeah that had to hurt!!!! That's why you should treat people the way you would wanna be treated!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shanahanigans View Post
                  Sheesh I can't wait for the opportunity to work for you someday.

I see this argument all the time that because somebody makes X amount of money that they deserve whatever they get. Good people deserve decency regardless of how much or how little they earn. Anything else is just petty.

If you don't feel they earn your fan money then guess what? You don't have to spend it. But please don't think that buying a jersey gives you the right to act like a twit.
                  Amen to that. This false sense of entitlement to act like a tool towards someone is beyond dumb. Especially to someone who takes time out of his day to give us FANS a little bit of what's going on with himself and the team.
                  "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

You know what...? I don't feel sorry for 'em. Not being insensitive but hell I would love to suit up every Sunday and be in their shoes. I'm up for the all the criticism and/or glory that comes with it.

These guys live the life and a dream. If a couple rants by a few fans derails their confidence then they're in the wrong business.

Comment

LOL, at the notion that you pay even a portion of these guys' saleries. I bet you don't make in your life what our top payed player makes in a single season. I'm not sure how exactly you think you pay their salaries.

I would say thier hard work, which got them to the NFL, has payed their salaries. Very few guys can make the NFL off pure talent. Most of these guys put in FAR more hours of work than you and then they go out and risk serious injury for your entertainment. Of course they get paid well...

Do you even know how much the average football player makes in his career, or for that matter how long the average NFL career is? Do you know how many hours of training they put in? Do you know the number of injuries and the severity of the injuries that NFL players have taken.

No, they don't owe you anything.

Comment

About 2/3 of the NFL's money comes from the TV deal. The players get about 2/3 of team revenue. So, more or less, the TV contract goes to pay the players.

Football 101

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X