Post game rants---NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---NE

We are 3-0, and there will be only 4 teams after this week to be undefeated. So I guess if we're critical of how our team wins then I guess we don't have much to complain about. The schedule is going to lighten up from here so maybe our wins will be prettier, even though prettiness doesn't really matter.
    Yes
    78.57%
    No
    21.43%

The poll is expired.

sigpicthanks Freyaka

I couldnt agree more
    GO Broncos!!

Comment

O I'm calm.....we won, end of story!

Comment

Where's the D

Well i think you're partially right, we've been barely getting by because the defense is not clamping down and holding the opponent like they should.....The defense needs to step up their game to make any game, not just the easy ones a cinch.........but we need to make a statement to the NFL that Denver will not lie down.......up 21-3 or being ahead by 2 scores should be enough room for the defense to tighten it up but their letting these teams back in the game and we're barely, just by a hair, coming out with the win.........uneccessary i think..... just tighten up the D , and us as loyal fans and the rest of the league will finally realize that we're a force to be reckoned with..........until that happens we're gonna still be considered an iffy team.................

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
        We are 3-0, and there will be only 4 teams after this week to be undefeated. So I guess if we're critical of how our team wins then I guess we don't have much to complain about. The schedule is going to lighten up from here so maybe our wins will be prettier, even though prettiness doesn't really matter.
        Last edited by cappagino; 09-21-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Yes we are 3-0 but you have to be concerned about the defense. This defense will not take us far in the playoffs (if we make it that far) so some adjustments have to be made now why we have some room for error in the divison.
          Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Time to Activate Josh Barrett to play some SS

In 2006 he was Voted ASU's Defensive Most Valuable Player

2007: Barrett played 11 games (8 starts) as a senior at Arizona State, finishing the year with 38 tackles (25 solo), one sack (9 yds.), one interception, a career-high seven pass breakups and one fumble recovery... Missed three games early in the year due to injuries... Received ASU’s Cecil Abono Team Captain Award... Posted seven tackles vs. California (10/27) and intercepted a pass at UCLA (11/10).

Comment

He can't be any worse than what we've had. Bring him in.

But honestly, I still don't think it's a personnel problem, it's a scheme problem. Anytime the nickelback is covering their #1 for the majority of the game, there needs to be some reworking of the scheme.

Comment

I agree

Champ should be on the opponents #1 WR.

Comment

Barrett's a stud, but I don't think he can cover WRs yet. Give him a year on the 'squad to learn our plays and NFL speed and he should be great.

Comment

YES! I don't want to be negative and I'm not foolish enough to think one guy is the answer, especially a rookie. But let's get playmakers on the field on defense. He's big, fast, can hit. He needs developed now, not later. Manuel is not the only problem on defense but he's definitely not a part of the solution and I don't see him being the future...

Anyone have any insight as to why he got sent to the practice squad anyways? I can only assume the coaching staff knows something we don't, right? I mean, heck, let's get him on the kickoff team at least.

Comment

Yes he has great up side!

And we'd better move him to our roster before some other team that needs a stud SS signs him off our Practice Squad!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                        Barrett's a stud, but I don't think he can cover WRs yet. Give him a year on the 'squad to learn our plays and NFL speed and he should be great.
                        You can't get the NFL "speed" if you're not on the field. And besides, the best way to improve your game is to have game experience. If the players on the field aren't learning anything, then the PS Players sure as hell aren't learning anything.

Comment

I thought Barrett would be better as a traditional FS, but there we go. Obviously, he's got the athleticism, but if we threw him in the fire now I think he wouldn't play well. And if it destroys his confidence then we'd have a problem. We'll know how the staff think he'll do in the offseason: if we resign McCree, they'll still want him to stay on the sidelines for a bit longer. If we don't then Barrett may be challenging for that spot.

I think McCree's been doing pretty well so far. I don't hear his name often which is a good sign. Manuel on the other hand...Lowry has some promise but is far from the finished item yet. He'll probably have a better shot at that position next year (if we resign him...)
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                            He can't be any worse than what we've had. Bring him in.

But honestly, I still don't think it's a personnel problem, it's a scheme problem. Anytime the nickelback is covering their #1 for the majority of the game, there needs to be some reworking of the scheme.
                            I agree completely!
                            I'm not an expert of defensive schemes at all but when you see quite always yr nickelback covering their #1, above all against a team that has no a lot of stars at the position (bowe and then?), in my opinion something is wrong and it's not problem of personnel!
                            During the game I thought continuosly: why Champ isnt' covering Bowe? may be he's injured... but after the end of the play, I saw him and I couldn't trust!

Comment

At this point, I wouldn't mind experimenting a little. I think they should consider at least activating him.

Comment

Working...
                              X