Ashley Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie

Is it me or is Lelie a waste of time and effort? He's been overhyped and the Broncos have been way too patient.
    Where has he been this preseason?

The truth of the matter...and I think its time we just accept it...is that Lelie is just not very good.

Comment

ithink by season start, if lelie hassnt stepped up big time , watts will be #2 and lelie#3or 4. he's got alot of potential but maybe just dont have the heart for the nfl
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        The truth of the matter...and I think its time we just accept it...is that Lelie is just not very good.
        You are preaching to the choir on this one. He seems to have all the tools, catches everything in sight in practice but air heads it in games. Someone in another thread threw up the thought maybe he is a fraid to get hit.

Maybe this is all premature and he will come around. I'm hoping so as Mikey has a lot invested in him, and like delta has all the talent in the world. Just can't seem to bring it to the game.

Comment

i really dont understand why all of you are so harsh on Lelie. you may as well say rod smith sucks because he hasnt done anything this preseason. dont you reliaze simth only caught 1 pass in 2 games that was called back! our coaches are just picking plays that go to our TE and younger WR's so they can get some more game experiance and just practice they dont want to go to lelie and smith that much just because it is pre season and they dont want them to get hurt. so just because he has droped a pass or 2 and has done nothing else yet dont blame him or the coaches they just are doing it for other reasons.
          sigpic

Comment

Re: Ashley Lelie

Originally posted by up in d'broncs
            Is it me or is Lelie a waste of time and effort?
            its you

Comment

Re: Re: Ashley Lelie

Originally posted by EddyMac87
              its you
              I second that.
              sigpic

Comment

Re: Lelie

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                To make matters worse, the Broncos passed on Edward Reed to draft him...

Everyone here locally was prediciting the Broncos to take Reed...
                I'll bite who is edward Reed?

Comment

Re: Lelie

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                  To make matters worse, the Broncos passed on Edward Reed to draft him...

Everyone here locally was prediciting the Broncos to take Reed...
                  thats how the draft works but to have ed reed would be amazing! but you gotta think he wouldnt be as good if he wasnt on the ravens without ray ray as a mentor and everything else..but hed still be pretty damn good.

Comment

Re: Re: Lelie

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    I'll bite who is edward Reed?
                    Ed Reed is the best safety in the game right now...he plays on Baltimore....how do you not know this? Hes in the Pro Bowl every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
                      i really dont understand why all of you are so harsh on Lelie. you may as well say rod smith sucks because he hasnt done anything this preseason. dont you reliaze simth only caught 1 pass in 2 games that was called back! our coaches are just picking plays that go to our TE and younger WR's so they can get some more game experiance and just practice they dont want to go to lelie and smith that much just because it is pre season and they dont want them to get hurt. so just because he has droped a pass or 2 and has done nothing else yet dont blame him or the coaches they just are doing it for other reasons.
                      But Smith is PROVEN!!!!! And Lelie NEEDS the practice.
                      Or did you not watch the last 2 seasons......
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

lelie will be fine he's young
                        Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                          lelie will be fine he's young
                          He ran in a pro style Offense at U of HI under an ex pro coach, for 4 years he has been in DEN two full years, had a decent rookie season, second season started out ok then he brain farted the rest of the year.

Your correct he is young, lets give him a pass till he's 30. years old 0:0

Now maybe someone that was a FA or a low round draft choice but not the "2nd best WR" in the draft and a top twenty pick. He needed to step up last year when Eddie was not producing and he did not.

This year he should get NO slack. Time to gow up assshley! IMHO
                          Last edited by Jrhampton; 08-17-2004, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Ash is 24 years old. He's been in the league for 3 seasons now, and the last 2 years were learning years. And the reason he's not being thrown too like WAtts is b/c there testing and looking at watts. Lelie is sold in the #2 spot. Watts is most likely getting the #3 spot, but he's still against MAdise and others. It took Rod 2 years to get use to the system, and his game, and then the 1,000 yard season's came. Now is that time for Lelie.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                              Ash is 24 years old. He's been in the league for 3 seasons now, and the last 2 years were learning years. And the reason he's not being thrown too like WAtts is b/c there testing and looking at watts. Lelie is sold in the #2 spot. Watts is most likely getting the #3 spot, but he's still against MAdise and others. It took Rod 2 years to get use to the system, and his game, and then the 1,000 yard season's came. Now is that time for Lelie.
                              Yes Rod did take two years but he was an undrafted free agent from a really small school.

assshley came from a Name school, that ran a PRO style offense under EX NFL head coach J June.

Was the 2nd best WR in the draft, a top 20 pick, had a full year to learn the offense without a lot of pressure working with Rod and Eddie.

The difference between the two players is enormous. You should not even be able to utter the two names in the same paragraph.

BTW that was probably a Frueduan slip when you said "Lelie is sold in the #2 spot."
                              Last edited by Jrhampton; 08-17-2004, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X